MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

"Like what you see?" Part 2, Win10 sign in, manipulating the pics...
#357581 - 08/11/16 03:12 PM

I've wondered, based on the "Love it" and "Not a fan" choices, could someone manipulate (whatever it is that decides what pictures it shows you) into, say, showing you pictures of kittens, puppies, food, motorcycles, or maybe girls in bikinis or something.

Anyway, I always vote for the scenic landscapes, nature..... Things I (disapprove of) are pics of cameras, a typewriter, a piano(?), sidewalk chalk, messy paint whatever rustic thing, almost all of the buildings.... Typically, man-made stuff. There was one with 2 people in a house hugging each other once.

Then again, I probably don't know what I'm missing. It's either there and I'm not being shown it, or it isn't there to be shown at all (regardless of my preferences).

Probably not worth a discussion, but.... Just felt like getting this silly thought out of my head. I'll try not to post the same thing a couple years from now.

LEVEL-4

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: "Like what you see?" Part 2, Win10 sign in, manipulating the pics... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#357590 - 08/11/16 07:55 PM

> Probably not worth a discussion, but.... Just felt like getting this silly thought
> out of my head.

I quickly found a way to bypass the login. I don't know what that method was at this point, just that having to type my password every time I wanted to use my PC in my home that no one else ever has access to was really annoying and that had to stop. So I only vaguely recall this having been a thing. I now only have a login if I specifically choose to log out the lone user.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: "Like what you see?" Part 2, Win10 sign in, manipulating the pics... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#357627 - 08/12/16 08:23 AM

> I quickly found a way to bypass the login. I don't know what that method was at this point, just that having to type my password every time I wanted to use my PC in my home that no one else ever has access to was really annoying and that had to stop. So I only vaguely recall this having been a thing. I now only have a login if I specifically choose to log out the lone user.

That comes with ClassicShell as I recall.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: "Like what you see?" Part 2, Win10 sign in, manipulating the pics... new [Re: Traso]
#357638 - 08/12/16 01:04 PM

> That comes with ClassicShell as I recall.

It might. That's not what my solution was though, as I have otherwise stuck with Win10's interface.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: "Like what you see?" Part 2, Win10 sign in, manipulating the pics... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#357645 - 08/12/16 07:17 PM

> > That comes with ClassicShell as I recall.
>
> It might. That's not what my solution was though, as I have otherwise stuck with
> Win10's interface.

Yeah I did something similar. Still shows the splash screen then it does the auto login. This week it seems to be a dam.

You can however set it to be whatever you want. 'Windows spotlight' seems to be the default for the lock screen. Not sure if they are feeding it or there is a local stash of them. Have not looked into it much.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

disable login new [Re: lharms]
#357696 - 08/14/16 12:16 AM

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/automatically-log-in-to-your-windows-10-pc/

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=windows+10+auto+login

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Was that from Uncharted 4? [nt] The Italian Level?... Edit: Ronda Spain new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#357769 - 08/15/16 10:48 PM

Mama mia, thatsa High!

Edited by Tomu Breidah (08/16/16 04:24 PM)

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1659