MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

KunkmasterFlex
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/03/16
Send PM

(HELP) Need to setup MAME to play old consoles but utilize cheat.dat
#357273 - 08/03/16 02:36 AM

Tried looking for help on reddit's MAME forum, but cannot get any responses.

Currently using Hyperspin as the front end with RocketLauncher... doing whatever the hell RocketLauncher does. Everything is working properly as far as playing games. However, I would like to use MAME to play NES/SNES/Genesis/ etc... to utilize the cheat function.

Now, I can get the ROMs to launch and play, however I cannot get the cheats to work - even though they work with the MAME ROMs. I am relatively sure that I cannot get them to work because the names of the NES ROMs were renamed using Don's Hyperspin Tools (awesome, by the way). Within cheat.7z, I can find the NES cheats and the ROMS are named very MAMEy.
Example:

Hyperspin Database Name - Super Mario Bros. 3.nes
MAME cheat DB name - smb3.xml

So there is obviously a mismatch in the naming convention. So I pose these questions:

1) Is there an easy way to rename the entire folder of 790 NES ROMs to match the MAME naming convention?

2) After this is done, will RocketLauncher or Hyperspin keep the media assets (Wheel, movies, banners, etc...) intact with the new naming?

3) Am I going about this wrong? Can I still use Nestopia and still have easy one button access to a cheat menu?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1232