Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: WolfMAME 0.176 new [Re: Stiletto]
#356971 - 07/27/16 05:39 PM

^
ATTENTION !!!

The site ahead contains harmful programs

Attackers on wolfmame.marpirc.net might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: WolfMAME 0.176 new [Re: CTOJAH]
#356973 - 07/27/16 06:19 PM

> ^
> ATTENTION !!!
>
> The site ahead contains harmful programs
>
> Attackers on wolfmame.marpirc.net might attempt to trick you into installing programs
> that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing
> extra ads on sites you visit).

Barry says it's a false positive.

Anyhow, this is really only a useful port of MAME for MARP contributors.

- Stiletto

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

#356974 - 07/27/16 06:22 PM

Hi there does this compile of mame contain everything or just the arcade games? As now Mame UIFX has finished there isn't a compile of Mame with just arcade games as like a lot of people out there i don't have enough space on my hard drive. thanks

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: WolfMAME 0.176 new [Re: agard]
#356978 - 07/27/16 08:29 PM

> Hi there does this compile of mame contain everything or just the arcade games? As
> now Mame UIFX has finished there isn't a compile of Mame with just arcade games as
> like a lot of people out there i don't have enough space on my hard drive. thanks

For the binaries, MAME-arcade.exe vs. MAME.exe, the complete MAME.exe is like only 10 MB larger.

Unless you mean MAME+ROMs. This is a little confusing to me, because you don't need to keep maintain all the ROMs that are compatible with the MAME binary. You can pick and choose just the ones you want.

Anyhow, speaking as MAMEDev, I think arcade-only builds cheapen the modern MAME experience.

Speaking as a MAMEWorld admin, though, there's a few Windows builds out there that are still arcade-only:
1. the command-line MAME builds provided by Emu-France at http://www.emu-france.com
2. the occasional build Robbbert does at http://messui.1emulation.com/
3. WolfMAME builds, which are also command-line IIRC.
4. the command-line and MAMEUI builds produced by InsertMoreCoins at http://insertmorecoins.es (which also produces MESS builds and normal MAME builds)
5. and it remains relatively simply (for now) to compile your own.

... that's all I know about.

- Stiletto

Edited by Stiletto (07/27/16 08:38 PM)

agard
MAME Fan
Send PM

#356984 - 07/27/16 09:43 PM

If I could afford an 8tb hard drive i would but i'm a single parent & money is tight as it is, it's the only reason i like just the arcade builds & its gotta be the same for other people too. Thanks for giving us some sites that just do arcade builds.

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#356991 - 07/28/16 12:09 AM

> If I could afford an 8tb hard drive i would but i'm a single parent & money is tight
> as it is, it's the only reason i like just the arcade builds & its gotta be the same
> for other people too. Thanks for giving us some sites that just do arcade builds.

Don't think you understood: you don't need the full MAME ROM set, just the ones to the games you like.

At any rate, I don't think "arcade builds" is a long-term solution for you if taken over a multi-year perspective.

Instead, you should probably ask ROM audit/manager utilities like ClrMAMEPro and Romcenter and the like to add a feature to sort out non-arcades from the full list and generate a "just-arcades" ROM set for you. Which they may already do.

- Stiletto

agard
MAME Fan
Send PM

#356998 - 07/28/16 02:08 AM

Thats a feature I would love to see on CLRMamePro & i'm sure others too. I would also like to see a feature where you could remove non working games & mechanical stuff & stuff that requires other stuff to make them work.

I never have understood why Mame includes non working games as really the people who want the non working roms are the people that are trying to get them working, I do think though the more people that have the non working roms means that theres less chance of the hardwork that went into creating the roms in the first place see them not getting lost.

PS I have tried both those sites & I can't find a build that just includes the arcade games. If you do find a build please point me in the right direction.

THANKS

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#356999 - 07/28/16 03:15 AM

-

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: WolfMAME 0.176 new [Re: Robbbert]
#357002 - 07/28/16 03:59 AM

> > PS I have tried both those sites & I can't find a build that just includes the
> arcade
> > games. If you do find a build please point me in the right direction.
> >
> > THANKS
>
> Are you looking for the standard "arcade" build that has everything (including slot
> machines and pinball), but without MESS stuff?
>
> Or are you looking for just arcade games only, without slots and pinball? If so, it
> will be difficult now that MAMEUIFX is gone. You'll have to make your own I'd guess.

Isn't this why that guy makes ROMLister?
https://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/

or Lightspeed MAMELister?
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=355501

I don't get the appeal of "just arcade no slots no pinball" to be honest.

- Stiletto

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#357043 - 07/28/16 07:00 PM

>
> I don't get the appeal of "just arcade no slots no pinball" to be honest.
>

I don't get it either, however sometimes I wish I could scroll all MAME list without passing through 50 something "(MPU4)", "(M1A/B)" or "(Scorpion 4)" sets.

Oh, I found a pattern. Now I need to figure out how to apply it to MAME if possible.

agard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: WolfMAME 0.176 new [Re: Robbbert]
#357091 - 07/29/16 01:16 PM

I'm looking for only arcade build with no fruit machines or mechanical games plus no mess either. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#357114 - 07/29/16 09:09 PM

> I'm looking for only arcade build with no fruit machines or mechanical games plus no
> mess either. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS

Don't think that is going to exist any more in the wild.

You'll need to learn how to compile it yourself, or learn how to use a build that supports thousands and thousands of ROMs but you keep just the ones you want.

- Stiletto

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#357130 - 07/30/16 06:53 AM

> ...ROMs but you keep just the ones you want.
>
> - Stiletto

People act like they're being forced to use the rom torrents. As for picking and choosing, I wonder how that's done....I've been meaning to check out PD again....

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

remax
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/12
Send PM

#357135 - 07/30/16 12:03 PM

I am looking for a version of Higan that only supports shoot-em up, do you have a link ?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2365