View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Cyberonix
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/18/06
Send PM

Mame Controls Reversed
#356609 - 07/17/16 11:24 PM

This is a carry-over from the Ultimarc forum. I just upgraded my cabinet from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now that the upgrade is complete all controls have been reversed in MAME. Player 1 (Ultrastik 360) now only responds as Player 2 and vise-versa. The same problem happened with the Opti-Pac as well. MAME now sees the Player 1 trackball and spinner as Player 2 and vise-verse.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to revert them back? They were correct under Windows 7.

Side note: I just tried removing each device from Windows and now MAME only uses one trackball for games. Both trackballs work in the UI game select but as soon as a game starts it reverts to only using one.

Edited by Cyberonix (07/18/16 12:25 AM)

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Mame Controls Reversed new [Re: Cyberonix]
#356643 - 07/18/16 10:34 PM

Poking into things you don't understand, beau.

Machine off. Unplug your peripherals. Start machine. Plug 'em back in, an see if they're recognized. Re-program MAME controls and play games.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Cyberonix
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mame Controls Reversed new [Re: Traso]
#356648 - 07/18/16 11:20 PM

That's the problem. I'm not sure how to reprogram the MAME controls. When the cabinet was first built I don't remember doing anything special. As I attached the joysticks and Opti-Pac MAME automatically had them correct.

The very first thing I did was to unplug everything and add them back one-by-one in the proper order with the exception of the Opti-Pac which doesn't give you a choice as both trackballs are built into the same board. MAME still saw everything in reverse order.

Is there a place in MAME where I can reset the controls and tell MAME "Ultrastik #1 = player 1", "Optipac trackball 1 = player 1", etc.?

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Mame Controls Reversed new [Re: Cyberonix]
#356655 - 07/19/16 04:25 AM

> That's the problem. I'm not sure how to reprogram the MAME controls. When the cabinet
> was first built I don't remember doing anything special. As I attached the joysticks
> and Opti-Pac MAME automatically had them correct.
>
> The very first thing I did was to unplug everything and add them back one-by-one in
> the proper order with the exception of the Opti-Pac which doesn't give you a choice
> as both trackballs are built into the same board. MAME still saw everything in
> reverse order.
>
> Is there a place in MAME where I can reset the controls and tell MAME "Ultrastik #1 =
> player 1", "Optipac trackball 1 = player 1", etc.?

Yes. In your MAME directory, locate the 'config' folder, and delete the file 'default.cfg'. Run MAME and it will recreate 'default.cfg'.

Run MAME again and press the TAB key to bring up the assignment menu. You can set your basic system-wide and UI controls using the 'Input(General)' selection, and any game-specific controls using the 'Input(This Machine)' selection.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Mame Controls Reversed new [Re: jeremymtc]
#356664 - 07/19/16 09:44 AM

> Yes. In your MAME directory, locate the 'config' folder, and delete the file 'default.cfg'. Run MAME and it will recreate 'default.cfg'.

> Run MAME again and press the TAB key to bring up the assignment menu. You can set your basic system-wide and UI controls using the 'Input(General)' selection, and any game-specific controls using the 'Input(This Machine)' selection.

Note that all this is in the MAME FAQ pages. Also, you might need to select for multiple mice.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Cyberonix
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mame Controls Reversed new [Re: jeremymtc]
#356675 - 07/19/16 04:26 PM

The light just went on...

A long time ago I created a custom controller configuration for my cabinet which resides in the ctrlr directory. I'm guessing this is the file I'll need to change instead of making changes inside the default.cfg. As a small example below I included a snipped of the configuration. I'm guessing I just need to swap the JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_UP_SWITCH to JOYCODE_2_YAXIS_UP_SWITCH etc.

I had to remove the opening bracket from the code snippet so it would display properly.

!-- PLAYER 1 SETUP -->
port type="P1_JOYSTICK_UP">
newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_UP OR JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_UP_SWITCH /newseq>
/port>
port type="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN">
newseq type="standard">KEYCODE_DOWN OR JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_DOWN_SWITCH /newseq>
/port>

I don't have a section for my trackballs so I'll have to research that though.

Edited by Cyberonix (07/19/16 04:56 PM)

Cyberonix
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mame Controls Reversed new [Re: Traso]
#356676 - 07/19/16 04:27 PM

Thanks, Traso. I'll check that out and brush up on my MAME. It's been a long while since I've made any changes.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 223 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1854