MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

dma.request
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/14/10
Send PM

Combat School game flags
#356414 - 07/12/16 06:28 AM

I think that the trackball games should be flagged as NOT_WORKING.
The trackball behaves strangely in level 2 (and all firing stage levels). It doesn't move very well and the player doesn't move at all
in level 3 (it gets stucks after some movements), so the game is completely unplayable (game-over assured ).
Besides, the P2 trackball controls have X and Y axes inverted (see service mode).

Also, IMHO all Combat School games should be flagged as IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS.
The top two rows should NOT be transparent and additionally these two rows should not appear in all screens (for example in the 'graduation screen').
See original youtube videos or take a look at AntoPISA's cabinet image (observe the top rows and the green separator).

I don't have a MT account, so if someone can report this (if necessary) should be a nice thing.

dma.request
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Combat School game flags new [Re: dma.request]
#356478 - 07/14/16 08:50 AM

Almost 100 views and no comment?
Can someone confirm these bugs (expecially the level 3 one?)

Osso1
Reged: 10/17/04
Send PM

#356480 - 07/14/16 09:28 AM

First of all, thanks for the report!
combatsc.cpp definitely is one of the drivers in need of work, in fact there's a big list of bugs at Mametesters: http://mametesters.org/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=71443
Some of those might cover what you reported (i.e. the trackball one).

dma.request
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Combat School game flags new [Re: Osso1]
#356481 - 07/14/16 10:46 AM

Thank you for your answer.

I saw the combatsc bug list.
This -> http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=399 confirms that the top two rows should not be transparent...
The trackball report simply says that the 'trackball work is not completely understood', but it doesn't state any specific issue.
I'm asking if is appropriate to change trackball games as NOT_WORKING, because you cannot proceed after level 3 in trackball games.

Out of curiosity:
Is this -> http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=2289 already solved / obsolete (or outdated)?

dma.request
MAME Fan
Send PM

#356522 - 07/15/16 05:47 PM

OK, I give up. :/
It seems funny for admins/devs to ignore my posts/messages. (Already happened three times for the few msgs I posted)... bah...
Is it a nice hobby, uh?

Now I can understand why some people stay away from the MAME forums.
Anyway enjoy continuing to ignore people's questions...

...and for the final note, if you feel better / more realized you can also delete my account... I think I will never post anymore here...
Thanks.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#356525 - 07/15/16 06:10 PM

> OK, I give up. :/
> It seems funny for admins/devs to ignore my posts/messages. (Already happened three
> times for the few msgs I posted)... bah...
> Is it a nice hobby, uh?
>
> Now I can understand why some people stay away from the MAME forums.
> Anyway enjoy continuing to ignore people's questions...
>
> ...and for the final note, if you feel better / more realized you can also delete my
> account... I think I will never post anymore here...
> Thanks.

You were pointed to MAMETesters and there is a sizable list of known bugs which seem to cover the issues you mention. Your argument for the assorted flags in the driver may have merit but it cannot be done blindly. A developer would need to take the time to go through the driver and play test them, with knowledge of if the gameplay/graphic issues are known regressions or have never worked currently or cause the machine to be deemed 'not working'.

Also to clarify to you and everyone reading, this is not an official MAME forum and never has been. MAME hasn't had an official forum for over 10 years and only restarted on very recently for the public. You can view this link to details regarding MAMEDEV's Online Presence.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#356527 - 07/15/16 06:28 PM

> It seems funny for admins/devs to ignore my posts/messages. (Already happened three

Yes, it's a hobby. There is no paid support, and no guarantee of response time from someone qualified. In this case, Osso confirmed your suspicions that the driver is very buggy, and it's unclear what further replies were meant to accomplish. If something is not marked CLOSED on MAMETesters it has not been fixed.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Entitled jackass *nt* new [Re: dma.request]
#356537 - 07/15/16 10:06 PM

>
>
> ...and for the final note, if you feel better / more realized you can also delete my
> Thanks.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Combat School game flags new [Re: Tafoid]
#356539 - 07/15/16 10:12 PM

Announcing it on the news board is ok but do not try to actively pull people from MW to MD forums. I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Combat School game flags new [Re: Smitdogg]
#356543 - 07/15/16 10:52 PM

The team would definitely prefer people to post on the official forums rather than here.

I don't think nudging serious conversation in that direction should be frowned upon, Tafoid is being quite polite about it.

This is a 'fan site' afterall, for technical discussions the official forums should be the go-to place.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Combat School game flags new [Re: Smitdogg]
#356544 - 07/15/16 10:54 PM

> Announcing it on the news board is ok but do not try to actively pull people from MW
> to MD forums. I shouldn't have to tell you that.

My reply was just a re-linking to the news article in response to the OP's assertion of "MAME forums" by informing and clarifying the issue to him and others reading that MAMEDEV now has an official home forum. I did not post it with intent to damage the user base here or pull/steal people away from here. I'm sorry you viewed it as such.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Combat School game flags new [Re: Tafoid]
#356545 - 07/15/16 11:01 PM

It's just bad netiquette to try and move people off a forum onto another one, especially if it's to one that is same community and subject matter, making it close to completely pointless.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Combat School game flags new [Re: Haze]
#356549 - 07/15/16 11:47 PM

The way I see it logically aside from the netiquette is also:

Benefits of new mame forum in 2016: mamedevs might not have to skip a few subject lines on emuchat to get bleeding edge bug test feedback

Drawbacks: possibly fragments the future mame community

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#356617 - 07/18/16 03:03 AM

>
>
> Thanks.

WOW, you don't get a reply in a few days and you throw a MEGA tantrum. Well done dude, well done.

For the record, only a fraction of people here have trackballs. I don't. So only a fraction of people here could reply.

Anyway, well done dude. Well done ! No doubt, you will make lots of friends in your life with such a fine attitude.

Moose

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 546 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1992