MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Go finger this one out.
#355612 - 06/12/16 07:13 AM

I have a 2sec 70kb MP4, and a 10sec 227 kb MP4, and when iMovie combines them into one 12 sec file, it makes a 9.5mb file. WTF!

Anybody know of a more efficient way to merge two MP4s?

Munches Grassy-ass.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Go finger this one out. new [Re: GatKong]
#355620 - 06/12/16 03:34 PM

Not free. Works great for MPEG 2. I haven't upgraded to the latest version that supports MPEG 4 yet... http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Go finger this one out. new [Re: GatKong]
#355630 - 06/13/16 12:51 AM

> I have a 2sec 70kb MP4, and a 10sec 227 kb MP4, and when iMovie combines them into
> one 12 sec file, it makes a 9.5mb file. WTF!

That happens because you're recompressing the video, and the configuration of the codec is notoriously wrong.

> Anybody know of a more efficient way to merge two MP4s?

If it has to be MP4, use some good encoder which allows merging like StaxRip or meGui (both free, both GUI for multiple free encoders), and fiddle with the output bitrate. If it doesn't have to be MP4, MKVToolnix can merge movies into single MKV files.

However to avoid recompression both files have to use the same codec, and same frame size and rate. E.g. excerpts you've extracted from the same video. Otherwise you have to recompress at least one, but most often both. Even if you think codec/framesize/framerate match, if the streams are not 100% compatible they can't be merged. Same with audio

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1623