MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

yoeddy
Sound perfectionist
Reged: 12/27/03
Loc: Boise, Idaho
Send PM

Asteroids (vector games) issue
#355567 - 06/11/16 01:58 AM

Hi guys,

I updated to 0.174 and noticed that when playing Asteroids, or vector games in general, the asteroids look like a "connect the dots" drawing now. At each endpoint there is a dot, but only on the asteroids. The ships are a bit brighter and don't exhibit this issue...they look correct.

I'm not using HLSL. Just a vanilla mame.ini to my 27" Kortek arcade CRT. Also just using the onboard Intel graphics chip on my PC. If there is anything that can be adjusted, I'd appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Jason

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Asteroids (vector games) issue new [Re: yoeddy]
#355580 - 06/11/16 04:32 AM

It does. But enabling HLSL fixes that, which leads me to think that's the intention. I have HLSL enabled on my SVGA monitor rig, and it looks great for vector games.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

RE: Asteroids (vector games) issue new [Re: yoeddy]
#355583 - 06/11/16 04:36 AM

> Hi guys,
>
> I updated to 0.174 and noticed that when playing Asteroids, or vector games in
> general, the asteroids look like a "connect the dots" drawing now. At each endpoint
> there is a dot, but only on the asteroids. The ships are a bit brighter and don't
> exhibit this issue...they look correct.
>
> I'm not using HLSL. Just a vanilla mame.ini to my 27" Kortek arcade CRT. Also just
> using the onboard Intel graphics chip on my PC. If there is anything that can be
> adjusted, I'd appreciate any insight.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

That is normal. Just like at the arcade. The game draw the lines to connect. Each line turn will leave a bright dot. Just like Tempest and some others. Overlaying the lines have the effect too.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 366 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1533