Pages: 1

Indianajonesilm
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/26/16
Send PM

Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAME 0.174
#354744 - 05/26/16 09:37 PM

Hello everyone.

I have been getting crashes in Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat since upgrading to MAMEUIFX 0.174, and I was wondering if someone could verify if they also experience this crash. Thank you.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: Indianajonesilm]
#354746 - 05/26/16 10:04 PM

> Hello everyone.
>
> I have been getting crashes in Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat since upgrading to MAMEUIFX
> 0.174, and I was wondering if someone could verify if they also experience this
> crash. Thank you.

I confirm this crash in baseline MAME 0.174.

In the future, please try to verify bugs that you encounter in MAMEUIFX with the normal, official, command-line version of MAME, as there are known differences between normal MAME and what Mamesick calls "MAMEUIFX", mainly the fact that Mamesick removes all computer drivers, all console drivers, and other drivers that he doesn't deep "worthy" of his holy derivative.

I understand that this is confusing - you even referred to it as "MAME 0.174" in your subject line even though it isn't - and unfortunately, any time any official members of the MAME team try to bring this problem up with Mamesick, it's met with abuse and recalcitrance. An unfortunate situation.

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#354749 - 05/26/16 10:42 PM

Indianajonesilm is a sockpuppet account created by Moogly with the intent of giving himself an opportune chance to take a shot at mamesick and the MAMEUIFX derivative in his never ending quest to destroy all derivatives.

I caught ya, Moogly... I caught ya

Just joking!

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: Big Karnak]
#354750 - 05/27/16 12:04 AM

> Indianajonesilm is a sockpuppet account created by Moogly with the intent of giving
> himself an opportune chance to take a shot at mamesick and the MAMEUIFX derivative in
> his never ending quest to destroy all derivatives.
>
> I caught ya, Moogly... I caught ya
>
> Just joking!

Do what? lol

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#354756 - 05/27/16 12:31 AM

> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > I have been getting crashes in Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat since upgrading to
> MAMEUIFX
> > 0.174, and I was wondering if someone could verify if they also experience this
> > crash. Thank you.
>
> I confirm this crash in baseline MAME 0.174.
>

To OP: This is been fixed in current sources. Thank you for the heads-up on this issue.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Italy
Send PM

#354763 - 05/27/16 06:49 AM Attachment: 81sud3cNRHL._SL1500_.jpg 146 KB (0 downloads)

> In the future, please try to verify bugs that you encounter in MAMEUIFX with the
> normal, official, command-line version of MAME, as there are known differences
> between normal MAME and what Mamesick calls "MAMEUIFX", mainly the fact that Mamesick
> removes all computer drivers, all console drivers, and other drivers that he doesn't
> deep "worthy" of his holy derivative.

I was hoping you already understood I'd like to be ignored by you. MAMEUIFX is built with SUBTARGET=arcade as made available by MAME itself. I simply don't include what I consider bullshit: fruits, gamblings and so on. If you consider them arcades, live happy.

> unfortunately, any time any official members
> of the MAME team try to bring this problem up with Mamesick, it's met with abuse and
> recalcitrance. An unfortunate situation.

Again you showed me your ignorance and pathethic attitude in relate yourself with the rest of the world. Stop talking about me as I stopped to reply to your always offensive, useless, non-sense posts here. If you want to be covered by shit another time, I'm ready. Don't call OG or RB in your help, like you did at Bannister Forums the last time this happened, when you thought, due to your stupidity, that I'm an homophobe because I don't want to kiss your ass.
Here's your peluche or puppy if you prefer. You need it.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: Mamesick]
#354764 - 05/27/16 07:48 AM

> Stop talking about me as I stopped to reply to your always
> offensive, useless, non-sense posts here.

Do you realize you're doing the exact opposite of what you write here on these forums right?

Enough with the silly pics and attacks towards MAMEDevs. Considering what you call your work or frontend it would never be possible without their work to begin with so why continue on here time after time with such aggression throwing pointless insults around?

For the sake of all the users reading here think about taking your attacks and pictures to PM.

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: Mamesick]
#354765 - 05/27/16 08:01 AM

man, you and your build are so annoying.

can you just go away for good?

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: abelenki]
#354766 - 05/27/16 08:17 AM

> man, you and your build are so annoying.
>
> can you just go away for good?

It will happen, don't worry. But not because you're asking.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: B2K24]
#354767 - 05/27/16 08:20 AM

> > Stop talking about me as I stopped to reply to your always
> > offensive, useless, non-sense posts here.

> For the sake of all the users reading here think about taking your attacks and
> pictures to PM.

Moogly disabled PMs. I ignored him for I guess a couple of months, but he continued in throwing shit at me. He's simply receveing what he's asking for.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: B2K24]
#354783 - 05/27/16 12:19 PM

> > Stop talking about me as I stopped to reply to your always
> > offensive, useless, non-sense posts here.
>
> Do you realize you're doing the exact opposite of what you write here on these forums
> right?
>
> Enough with the silly pics and attacks towards MAMEDevs. Considering what you call
> your work or frontend it would never be possible without their work to begin with so
> why continue on here time after time with such aggression throwing pointless insults
> around?
>
> For the sake of all the users reading here think about taking your attacks and
> pictures to PM.

Oh brother, you just can't stop yourself, can you? You're totally incapable of seeing both sides of a story, and instead act like a robot every time someone writes something that might be critical of Mame - or an opinion suggests they are.

You do know that these constant brown-nosing posts have totally lost any legitimacy, right? I mean, it's like you're a script that gets triggered every time someone posts an opinion you don't like.

Mame is cool. Uber cool. That does not mean EVERYTHING they say and do is excused. Well, except in your world. It's safe to assume that Mame is what it is today because at various junctions people disagreed, discussed, found resolution, and then put it behind them. It's normal behaviour, but won't ever happen because of sycophants like yourself.

What have you added to the thread, other than more fuel?

The solution to these things is to move them to PM's. this stops them escalating in public, and drawing in people like yourself who do nothing but feed the fire. If one or other of the parties refuses to move it to PM, then really blame for it getting out of hand rests with them, be they a dev or not......

I say this not as an attack on Mame, I love what they've done, and have all due respect for the devs. But it's all DUE respect, not a blanket "Mame devs can do, and say, whatever they please because they coded a driver for Tempest." Coz like, I live in the real world where people are variously correct, wrong - or issues are grey, not black and white.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: Vaughan]
#354791 - 05/27/16 04:28 PM

> What have you added to the thread, other than more fuel?
>
> The solution to these things is to move them to PM's. this stops them escalating in
> public, and drawing in people like yourself who do nothing but feed the fire. If one
> or other of the parties refuses to move it to PM, then really blame for it getting
> out of hand rests with them, be they a dev or not......

And we have another entity here that does the exact opposite of what they write.

What are *you* attempting to add here?

Why did you bother posting this instead of following your own advice and using PM?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#354792 - 05/27/16 05:19 PM

> Oh brother, you just can't stop yourself, can you? You're totally incapable of seeing
> both sides of a story, and instead act like a robot every time someone writes
> something that might be critical of Mame - or an opinion suggests they are.

What is the other side of this, exactly? MG noted, completely factually, that MAMESick burned all his bridges with MAMEdev and that he ships a derivative which has been known to have bugs that aren't in baseline. MAMESick replied in full-flamewarrior mode, proving MG's point.

> You do know that these constant brown-nosing posts have totally lost any legitimacy,
> right? I mean, it's like you're a script that gets triggered every time someone posts
> an opinion you don't like.

You do know that your constant posts pointing out that you're edgy and cool because you hate MAMEdev have totally lost any cool factor, right? I mean, it's like you're a script that gets triggered every time someone posts an opinion you don't like.

> What have you added to the thread, other than more fuel?

Physician, heal thyself.

> The solution to these things is to move them to PM's. this stops them escalating in
> public, and drawing in people like yourself who do nothing but feed the fire. If one
> or other of the parties refuses to move it to PM, then really blame for it getting
> out of hand rests with them, be they a dev or not......

Again, MG stated facts calmly. Your senpai MAMESick is the one that made it into a flame war.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: R. Belmont]
#354795 - 05/27/16 05:36 PM

> What is the other side of this, exactly? MG noted, completely factually, that
> MAMESick burned all his bridges with MAMEdev and that he ships a derivative which has
> been known to have bugs that aren't in baseline.
MAMESick replied in
> full-flamewarrior mode, proving MG's point.

Please, RB Konami God, tell me one of these bugs that ARE NOT in mainline MAME. Please, do it. Mooglyguy mention me in his every post. He attacks me in the vast majority of his replies even after I clearly stated with an e-mail to a Developer that my future decision would be completely ignore him. But he continued. So there's a limit for all. Maybe you didn't read carefully this thread, the bug reported by the original poster was ALSO IN OFFICIAL MAME and is ALREADY FIXED in current GIT.
There's only one thing which has been known to be in MAMEUIFX: some HACKS to FIX BUGS that NO-ONE DEV taken care of it. Yes, the bridges are burned, you're right.

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

#354824 - 05/28/16 01:33 AM

Dude just shut the fuck up.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 492 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3992