Loc: Italy
Send PM

MAMEUIFX 0.174
#354730 - 05/26/16 06:02 PM

26/05/2016
MAMEUIFX 0.174 released.

Updated to MAME 0.174

* Changelog from 0.173

- Added support for all Art Packages compressed in 7z format in the GUI (icons, snaps, etc.)
- Various source code bugfixes, enhancements, cleanups
- M1FX 11.0 released: Added shortcut keys to all menu actions. This is probably the final version

http://mame32fx.altervista.org/

Do a F5 refresh of your browser if you still see the old news and links.

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Many thanks!!! new [Re: Mamesick]
#354731 - 05/26/16 06:07 PM

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

Question new [Re: Mamesick]
#354733 - 05/26/16 06:43 PM

Are you going to add support for console stuff or are you actively trying to avoid that?

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Question new [Re: DiodeDude]
#354734 - 05/26/16 06:54 PM

> Are you going to add support for console stuff or are you actively trying to avoid
> that?

once the internal filter system has been built (some extensive system using lua scripts etc.) it might end up becoming part of the trademark agreement that people shipping cut down builds can't use the MAME trademark, so he should consider it if he doesn't want to have to change the name.

(I doubt a default filter set which creates a filter to hide things would be banned tho, but ideally people would stop distributing cut down binaries under the MAME name, it's damaging as people don't realise half the functionality hasn't even been compiled in - we've seen quite a lot of threads about people wanting to use the console support, but can't find it, only to find out they're using UIFX and have no way to enable it)

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: Question new [Re: DiodeDude]
#354736 - 05/26/16 07:57 PM

> Are you going to add support for console stuff or are you actively trying to avoid
> that?

I'm considering the option to enable "old MESS" stuff. Not because I'm afraid of not being able to continue to call my derivative version MAME, but simply because there's an increasing request about it. Though, and this is for clarify one time for all, there will be no software lists support directly from the GUI. You will be able to select C64 PAL and then you'll have to use the Internal MAME Interface (TAB key) to setup the machine and load a game from, for example, a D64 image.

Or, last option, I could stop releasing my build forever and continue to live happy. My users base doesn't use MAME for play (this is only an example) C64 games. They use VICE. I verified this a lot of times. Though, as I already said, I'm seriously ponderating what could be the best choice.

Edited by Mamesick (05/26/16 07:57 PM)

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

Ok, thanks new [Re: Mamesick]
#354737 - 05/26/16 08:21 PM

Wasn't trying to annoy you. Curious, that's all

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Question new [Re: Mamesick]
#354740 - 05/26/16 08:55 PM

> there will be no software lists support directly from the GUI. You will be able to
> select C64 PAL and then you'll have to use the Internal MAME Interface (TAB key) to
> setup the machine and load a game from, for example, a D64 image.

They just as well be using MAME's Internal Interface exclusively then if that's how you'd implement it.

Haze
Send PM

#354741 - 05/26/16 09:05 PM

> > Are you going to add support for console stuff or are you actively trying to avoid
> > that?
>
> I'm considering the option to enable "old MESS" stuff. Not because I'm afraid of not
> being able to continue to call my derivative version MAME, but simply because there's
> an increasing request about it. Though, and this is for clarify one time for all,
> there will be no software lists support directly from the GUI. You will be able to
> select C64 PAL and then you'll have to use the Internal MAME Interface (TAB key) to
> setup the machine and load a game from, for example, a D64 image.
>
> Or, last option, I could stop releasing my build forever and continue to live happy.
> My users base doesn't use MAME for play (this is only an example) C64 games. They use
> VICE. I verified this a lot of times. Though, as I already said, I'm seriously
> ponderating what could be the best choice.

C64 is a poor example as the driver isn't very good, but an increasing number of people are using MAME for common systems where our emulation is 'good enough' for them (even if we're not best in field)

From the dev point of view the problem is that we advertise MAME as having x new features or improvement to driver y, people download a version of MAME and can't find them because they ended up downloading UIFX which has half the content missing. UIFX doesn't really represent where MAME is going, hence what I said about use of the trademark.

It also doesn't work in your favor, as once they find out they end up ditching UIFX.

I do hope that the various plans discussed for filters end up turning out as well as they sound on paper, as you could ship a 'default.lua' filter for your build that hides anything that has no coin slots / has no screen by default and get a list similar to what your users would be expecting, but without crippling the build (they could disable the filter if they wanted and have full functionality back)

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: Question new [Re: B2K24]
#354742 - 05/26/16 09:23 PM

They are free to use what they want. Nobody is forcing nobody to use my UIFX. QMC2 and Emuloader are surely the best choice for users that want a friendly GUI for software lists. It's not a competition and there is not a final prize.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: Question new [Re: Haze]
#354743 - 05/26/16 09:35 PM

What you said is (partially) true. Though my user base seems increased from when MAME merged with MESS if I have to judge this by my monthly number of downloads. Though I understand developers reasons. I can make and distribute a full build, this is not a problem.... but due to the fact I will not continue to release UIFX forever for now I prefer leave things a they are. If I'll receive some official warnings from Developers I will already know what to do.

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

#354745 - 05/26/16 09:52 PM

I use this build because it doesn't include all the home console stuff etc. As for me it's about having the space on my hard drive but I can see why people want the console stuff. There is not many builds out there just for arcade only but there could be some kind of hide all console stuff so that people like me just have the arcade only stuff showing & not having to download all the other stuff too, but thinking of it when using clrmamepro there must be a tab for it to just include either arcade or console or you would still have it showing missing roms for either arcade or console.

IMHO Please keep this build Arcade only or make 2 builds to keep everyone happy.

Haze
Send PM

#354748 - 05/26/16 10:25 PM

> What you said is (partially) true. Though my user base seems increased from when MAME
> merged with MESS if I have to judge this by my monthly number of downloads. Though I
> understand developers reasons. I can make and distribute a full build, this is not a
> problem.... but due to the fact I will not continue to release UIFX forever for now I
> prefer leave things a they are. If I'll receive some official warnings from
> Developers I will already know what to do.

to be honest the move sparked a lot of interest in MAME at that point (it was around when we announce we were planning on changing the license too) so there was a natural increase in the number of users as a whole.

people are often pointed at UIFX because the standard UI builds are in a state of disrepair, so it is generally preferable if it reflects the project even if it can't fully support everything via the gui.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/20/16
Send PM

Agreed new [Re: agard]
#354754 - 05/27/16 12:26 AM

> it's about having the space on my hard drive.

ViRuS-MaN
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/28/12
Send PM

Re: MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: Mamesick]
#354796 - 05/27/16 05:49 PM

not possible to open the rom in .7z ???

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: MAMEUIFX 0.174 new [Re: ViRuS-MaN]
#354797 - 05/27/16 05:52 PM

> not possible to open the rom in .7z ???

??? Please explain. What do you mean with "open"? Launch a game?

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

This is bizarre.... new [Re: Ice Cream]
#354932 - 05/29/16 08:18 PM

> > it's about having the space on my hard drive.

If you're using a current MAME, you must be using at least a dual core with a modicum of video oomph, and you have an eighty (or maybe eight???) gig drive on it? Fuck. Also, just do like I do: have a few hundred games, and update the ones that become outdated.

I support FX being arcade-only, but I do have the appropriate hardware for the age.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2613