Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: King of Fighters XIII dumped new [Re: Smitdogg]
#354448 - 05/20/16 12:06 AM

> Niko dumped King of Fighters XIII

Heck yeah! Maybe the test location images that were removed from the PC port are still there.

https://tcrf.net/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII_Steam_Edition

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/20/16
Send PM

#354449 - 05/20/16 12:40 AM

No one dumps the 2 missing Cave Games?
Thank you for the news.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: King of Fighters XIII dumped new [Re: Ice Cream]
#354450 - 05/20/16 12:55 AM

I doubt you'll see any Cave dumps from the DU until after they are done releasing everything on Steam because we have a conscience but who knows what others people will do.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354451 - 05/20/16 01:03 AM

> I doubt you'll see any Cave dumps from the DU until after they are done releasing
> everything on Steam because we have a conscience but who knows what others people
> will do.

Yeah... In 2020.
Are you forget this is just the 3rd game came out only this winter? Not so soon i will see the game i want and it's the last one.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#354452 - 05/20/16 01:12 AM

The people making the decisions own the pcbs so it's not like they are waiting/hurting. A Cave pcb on arcade hardware destroys steam and any future emulation I can tell you from experience. Anyway I'm just speaking for the DU. After that desoldering video I posted anyone can buy and dump whatever they want.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354453 - 05/20/16 01:24 AM

> A Cave pcb on arcade hardware destroys steam and any future.

They are selling so well on Steam.
If they wanna to do it, we will see not only Just Arcade modes.
Donīt compare this version on MAME to PC Version, the PC Version will be added as well HD Quality and Sound.
It's a different game!
In MAME the quality is less and people will not stop buying because you are going to dump it before.
Or less people instead carry for waitness they go just jack sparrow instead.
What happen to those cave games you people release before?
To late now steam as been destroyed for long time.
People remember the future but forget the past.
Great then, carry on.

Thanks.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#354454 - 05/20/16 01:30 AM

The folks I know with the remaining undumped cave games don't want them dumped and released because of steam/the idea of cave losing money because of their actions. It's as simple as that. You can have another view an say it's not the same game by nobody cares about your opinion. But like I said, anyone can dump anything if they watch my desoldering video. Anyone.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354455 - 05/20/16 01:35 AM

> The folks I know with the remaining undumped cave games don't want them dumped and
> released because of steam/the idea of cave losing money because of their actions.
> It's as simple as that. You can have another view an say it's not the same game by
> nobody cares about your opinion. But like I said, anyone can dump anything if they
> watch my desoldering video. Anyone.

Very well then. Remove all the other cave games on mame and demul. If they wanna have some profit and as i see is too late to remove it. Strange how can accept to release others if we have nearly them all. Even DeathSmiles II is already playable.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#354457 - 05/20/16 01:40 AM

Nope not removing anything. If you can only think in blank and whites that's your problem.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354458 - 05/20/16 01:41 AM

> Nope not removing anything. If you can only think in blank and whites that's your
> problem.

Ok, i got more respect on Haze for now on.

MKFAN
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/13
Send PM

A comment and any missing games ? *DELETED* new [Re: Ice Cream]
#354459 - 05/20/16 03:09 AM

Post deleted by MKFAN

Edited by MKFAN (05/20/16 11:55 PM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#354460 - 05/20/16 06:18 AM

He has literally nothing to do with the subject at hand so I guess you are confused.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: A comment and any missing games ? new [Re: MKFAN]
#354461 - 05/20/16 06:42 AM

> I'm not trying to change anybodies mind here but it's kinda true what this guy is
> saying, I've bought all Shmups on the PS3/360 due to better HD like graphics and it's
> the best versions usually.
>
> By the way I'm curious what are the last 2 games is one of them Saidaioujou ? but
> what is the other I'm guessing either Akai Katana or Dai-Fukkatsu Black label maybe ?
>
>
> I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask my following question:
>
> By the way I got a last question has there been any games removed since 0.166 I've
> not upgraded in a while like Shmups & fighting games from the early 2000's to the
> late 2010's. I'm paranoid that I'll upgrade and use clrmamepro to clean my set and
> suddenly some of my games are gone. This has only happened to me once but I'm still
> paranoid about it. I know that new mame info of new versions will typically says
> whats been removed in the news submission forum but I don't keep up with all that. Is
> there website that's keeps track of this type of information ? assuming not, sorry if
> that's a dumb question. Anyway everything still intact with version 0.173 ?
>
> Ok thanks

A few games got removed in 0.172 due to the new source code license. The drivers were skeletonized and the games can't be played, at least not until someone comes in and rewrites said drivers. I recall someone posted a list here recently but I can't find it. I think it was less than ten games that were affected by this, so you should be fine. The roms stayed in MAME, they just can't be played for the moment.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#354464 - 05/20/16 12:10 PM

> He has literally nothing to do with the subject at hand so I guess you are confused.

No, although I will say I know a number of people who have purchased the games on Steam / XBox as a direct result of them being emulated, but wanting better versions because our emulation is so shitty. ('ridiculously' high requirements, completely wrong slowdowns, no bonus content, HD modes etc.)

Without the emulation they wouldn't have even considered purchase.

I suspect not releasing the roms does more damage than actually releasing them, but that's just my opinion of course. They basically act as a demo; these are not games a casual user would buy on a whim without knowing what they are and maybe having played them before somewhere, which without proper arcades, they don't have the chance to do in most places.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: King of Fighters XIII dumped new [Re: Haze]
#354465 - 05/20/16 03:19 PM

I'm going to agreed with Haze.
They are just a bunch of demos, nothing more special.
Nothing to do with the company sale anything because of 2 silly demo games, go to steamdb and you will see how many sales they got using mushihimesama and deathsmiles.
I already buy this 2 games.
Thank you.

Edited by Ice Cream (05/20/16 03:33 PM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#354466 - 05/20/16 04:21 PM

I would add that we've already emulated way more than enough of their games to where if people tried them all and didn't catch the cave bug then they never will. We don't have to emulate akai katana for people to see if they would buy it. Watch a video and think about your experience with their other shooters.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354468 - 05/20/16 06:38 PM

I'm only interrested on saidaioujou, akai katana does not say anything to me.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#354469 - 05/20/16 08:40 PM

I guess you should spend 2500 on the pcb and a few more hundred on equipment and then watch my desoldering video and dump it then. That or wait a few months and buy it on steam for 25 bucks.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#354471 - 05/20/16 09:40 PM

> I'm only interrested on saidaioujou, akai katana does not say anything to me.

What you're interested in is fairly obvious.
http://i.imgur.com/RNEWuE3.jpg

Considering Cave has contacted MAMEdev in the past it's probably best to proceed with caution.

Ashura-X
MAME Compiler!
Reged: 01/22/04
Send PM

Re: King of Fighters XIII dumped new [Re: B2K24]
#354473 - 05/20/16 10:12 PM

That guy deserves a huge BAN!

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

#354476 - 05/20/16 11:59 PM

Dunno how we got talking about unsupported Cave games in a KOFXIII Thread..??? But i always thought Akai Kantana sounded like some
lame ass J-pop star

Arcade Addict

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: King of Fighters XIII dumped new [Re: gamez fan]
#354477 - 05/21/16 12:16 AM

Comes with the territory of announcing in a neogeo fighter I guess, kiddie territory. They come out of the woodwork for their free games even after cave finally started porting to steam.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354480 - 05/21/16 01:07 AM

> Or wait a few months and buy it on
> steam for 25 bucks.

2020 Only.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

#354483 - 05/21/16 01:36 AM

As much as I firmly believe the moral high ground is the right choice, I think we need to get those dumped as soon as possible due to the quality control issues with the degrading flash. Hoard the dumps if you want, but get those dumps while you still can.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: King of Fighters XIII dumped new [Re: Firehawke]
#354486 - 05/21/16 02:00 AM

I've been doing this for 15 years. Of course I'm not going to let the funnest games of all time go unpreserved.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

#354487 - 05/21/16 02:09 AM

Funnest games? I'm a CAVE fan but I can't even justify that one. Heh. I'd probably go with something 1980s..

---

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#354489 - 05/21/16 02:19 AM

"Funnest" oversimplifies it to the point where it loses accuracy but cheers to the lazy on this Friday night. They are shooting games with magic. The emulation will be getting better too in time but because of steam no dumps from me. People need to buy all their steam titles.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

#354490 - 05/21/16 02:26 AM

Oh, don't worry, I am. Bought both day one (already had both on 360), and already in line for a second copy of DFK this fall.

---

Haze
Send PM

#354505 - 05/21/16 02:22 PM

> I would add that we've already emulated way more than enough of their games to where
> if people tried them all and didn't catch the cave bug then they never will. We don't
> have to emulate akai katana for people to see if they would buy it. Watch a video and
> think about your experience with their other shooters.

well personally it looks interesting, but i'm not going to buy it unless i've played it, can't get a feel for it from vids. (i like horis best, hence ds being my favourite of the cave titles, but the mechanics i'd have to try first.)

thought i'd hate ddpdfk but after playing black label in mame decided it was enjoyable and picked up the port.

the final ddp game is in the same boat, don't like the look of it in vids (looks like the weakest entry to me) but playing it might change my mind.

you're free to disagree, but 0% chance of me buying a cave game i haven't played, no local arcade to play them.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354571 - 05/23/16 03:42 PM

> > I would add that we've already emulated way more than enough of their games to
> where
> > if people tried them all and didn't catch the cave bug then they never will. We
> don't
> > have to emulate akai katana for people to see if they would buy it. Watch a video
> and
> > think about your experience with their other shooters.
>
> well personally it looks interesting, but i'm not going to buy it unless i've played
> it, can't get a feel for it from vids. (i like horis best, hence ds being my
> favourite of the cave titles, but the mechanics i'd have to try first.)
>
> thought i'd hate ddpdfk but after playing black label in mame decided it was
> enjoyable and picked up the port.
>
> the final ddp game is in the same boat, don't like the look of it in vids (looks like
> the weakest entry to me) but playing it might change my mind.
>
> you're free to disagree, but 0% chance of me buying a cave game i haven't played, no
> local arcade to play them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF_oS62Xb9A

In my opinion is the best shooter ever.

Haze
Send PM

#354572 - 05/23/16 04:17 PM

> > > I would add that we've already emulated way more than enough of their games to
> > where
> > > if people tried them all and didn't catch the cave bug then they never will. We
> > don't
> > > have to emulate akai katana for people to see if they would buy it. Watch a video
> > and
> > > think about your experience with their other shooters.
> >
> > well personally it looks interesting, but i'm not going to buy it unless i've
> played
> > it, can't get a feel for it from vids. (i like horis best, hence ds being my
> > favourite of the cave titles, but the mechanics i'd have to try first.)
> >
> > thought i'd hate ddpdfk but after playing black label in mame decided it was
> > enjoyable and picked up the port.
> >
> > the final ddp game is in the same boat, don't like the look of it in vids (looks
> like
> > the weakest entry to me) but playing it might change my mind.
> >
> > you're free to disagree, but 0% chance of me buying a cave game i haven't played,
> no
> > local arcade to play them.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF_oS62Xb9A
>
> In my opinion is the best shooter ever.

so why do you need it emulated, why don't you already own it?

personally I think it looks bland.

if you only want it emulated to avoid paying for it then smit has a point.

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354573 - 05/23/16 04:33 PM

> so why do you need it emulated, why don't you already own it?
>

I donīt have this game on Europe Haze. That's the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DoDonPachi_SaiDaiOuJou

How i can have a game is not legit from Europe and it's from Japan? I donīt have credit cards for this. And i need to buy a Japanese console to play with. Arcade it's even hard to find in Europe. This was official and exclusive only in Japan. Always give us a warning at the beginning of the games. Donīt play this game out of the legit country.
If i was able to play inchimenbancho for free on Android at least a small taste of this game, but no. They just release only on iOS and the prize costs the eyes for everyone.

Edited by Ice Cream (05/23/16 04:41 PM)

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

#354580 - 05/23/16 09:58 PM

It came out on X-Box 360 and is region free. I imported a copy, plays fine. It's not as good as DaiFukkatsu, though, in my opinion.

---

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354581 - 05/23/16 10:46 PM

> It came out on X-Box 360 and is region free. I imported a copy, plays fine. It's not
> as good as DaiFukkatsu, though, in my opinion.

Thanks, but i preffer to wait for mame and steam. As i can see DaiFukkatsu is only released on this winter and not so soon we will see a new game, i heard they are releasing one game bypassing 2 game titles.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Send PM

#354602 - 05/24/16 09:30 AM

You'll be waiting until 2020, then, on the MAME side.

---

Ice Cream
MAME Fan
Send PM

#354612 - 05/24/16 03:56 PM

> You'll be waiting until 2020, then, on the MAME side.

I recieve a email from Degica.

Thank you for your email and glad you are enjoying the games we have been publishing.

We actually have Daifukkatsu announced for Steam, but Saidaioujou is still unconfirmed.
Unfortunately, we don't publish on Android at the moment, but I will pass your request for Ichimenbancho on to Cave.

Thanks, again.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 432 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4163