MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Why is this new file "uismall.bdf" now included in the root directory of mame.exe?
#352295 - 04/01/16 05:05 PM

Why is this new file "uismall.bdf" now included in the root directory of mame.exe?

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

Re: What's this new file "uismall.bdf" that's now included in the root directory of mame.exe? new [Re: Big Karnak]
#352296 - 04/01/16 05:07 PM

> What's this new file "uismall.bdf" that's now included in the root directory of
> mame.exe?

font.

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Why is this new file "uismall.bdf" now included in the root directory of mame.exe? new [Re: Big Karnak]
#352297 - 04/01/16 05:18 PM

> Why is this new file "uismall.bdf" now included in the root directory of mame.exe?

No idea. Maybe it will be moved to /fonts or something.

I do remember that it was previously "internal", so that the only way you could actually choose it was to know its name or corrupt your font settings or something, it was a very small size font that was legible at low resolution. In MAME 0.172 it was (also) made an "external" file.

- Stiletto

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: Why is this new file "uismall.bdf" now included in the root directory of mame.exe? new [Re: Stiletto]
#352303 - 04/01/16 06:10 PM

How do I get MAME to display these fonts I downloaded from Mr. Do's Arcade website. http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_supp.php

For example, how do I get MAME to display the Mortal Kombat 3 font. I downloaded it, and placed it in my Font directory. I tried keeping it zipped as well as unzipped and I still can't get MAME to display it. I also tried placing it in the root directory of mame.exe and it still doesn't get displayed by MAME.

dankan1890
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/23/12
Send PM

Re: Why is this new file "uismall.bdf" now included in the root directory of mame.exe? new [Re: Big Karnak]
#352304 - 04/01/16 06:32 PM

Using the command line:
mame -uifont ui.bdf

Otherwise, you can download the TTF version, install it directly in windows and then select it from the UI customization menu.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#352306 - 04/01/16 06:44 PM

> How do I get MAME to display these fonts I downloaded from Mr. Do's Arcade website.
> http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_supp.php
>
> For example, how do I get MAME to display the Mortal Kombat 3 font. I downloaded it,
> and placed it in my Font directory. I tried keeping it zipped as well as unzipped and
> I still can't get MAME to display it. I also tried placing it in the root directory
> of mame.exe and it still doesn't get displayed by MAME.

By default there is no 'font' folder unless you added it to "fontpath". Be default, placing the ui.bdf file into the same folder as MAME and type mame -uifont ui.bdf will install the font and load it before launching MAME. It will not install the font for use all the time and only function when you load it via command-line or have .ini entry "uifont ui.bdf" to load it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 396 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2213