View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Sneak preview
#351937 - 03/25/16 01:52 AM Attachment: image.jpg 1914 KB (1 downloads)

The candy display with the "concession" stand and neon popcorn sign in the background. The concession wall will soon have a black filmstrip "mural" once I paint it.

You can also see the ass of wires I've fished through the walls into the cabinet for the AV eqiptment, in progress.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Directional HDMI? new [Re: GatKong]
#352046 - 03/28/16 01:10 AM Attachment: image.jpg 1805 KB (0 downloads)

Holy carp. The packaging literally says nothing about the HDMI cable being one-way. I had a 50/50 chance of fishing it through the walls backwards...nailed it. Backwards that is. Had to refish it, which, at the AV cabinet was tough. 9 10-guage wires pas through the same outlet and wall, and HDMI has that giant head. Almost had to drop a new route, but got it.

Everything is now done except the curtains around the screen, and future carpet and new furniture.

Doesn't have the surrounding curtains yet. The speaker wires you see here will be hid by same curtains, plus, that's an outside wall so fishing is not an option.

The Aperion speakers kick ass. Holy cow that powered subwoofer is incredible. I tested it with Jurrasic Lost World, and it sounds like the room is imploding. I actually had to turn down the subwoofer (it has its own volume). Just wow. The kids were literally laughing at the shake you can feel when the dinosaurs stomp.

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Showing off my details new [Re: GatKong]
#352047 - 03/28/16 01:14 AM Attachment: image.jpg 837 KB (0 downloads)

Spir and polish. I can actually claim blood, sweat, and tears. Smashed my thumb once and bled, so yeah.

Attachment

Reznor007
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Norman, OK, USA
Send PM

Re: Directional HDMI? new [Re: GatKong]
#352048 - 03/28/16 01:17 AM

If it's a RedMere HDMI cable then yes it is directional, as it has electronics in 1 end of the cable that allows longer than normal HDMI cables, or normal length cables that are thinner than normal.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Showing off my details new [Re: GatKong]
#352053 - 03/28/16 04:46 AM

> Smashed my thumb once and bled, so yeah.

Ah, that means "good build" in my book, if you've bled a little on it. Anything else doesn't count.

- Stiletto

JWJr
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/15/04
Send PM

Re: Showing off my details new [Re: Stiletto]
#352056 - 03/28/16 06:06 AM

> > Smashed my thumb once and bled, so yeah.
>
> Ah, that means "good build" in my book, if you've bled a little on it. Anything else
> doesn't count.

OK, so that's not just me. That's a comfort, thanks. -JW

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#352092 - 03/29/16 01:42 AM

Looking good. I'm looking forward to MAME being played on a monster screen. Pac-man should rumble with that subwoofer

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Showing off my details new [Re: Stiletto]
#352118 - 03/29/16 07:14 PM

> > Smashed my thumb once and bled, so yeah.
>
> Ah, that means "good build" in my book, if you've bled a little on it. Anything else
> doesn't count.

Same here.

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Re: Sneak preview new [Re: GatKong]
#352130 - 03/30/16 02:01 AM

Wish I had the money (and space and time and a house I actually owned and everything else) to build an awesome home theater room like that.
The closest I have come to any sort of physical build is a blanket box/storage chest built from plans I got from the local big chain hardware store

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Sneak preview new [Re: jonwil]
#352142 - 03/30/16 04:27 AM

> Wish I had the money (and space and time and a house I actually owned and everything
> else) to build an awesome home theater room like that.
> The closest I have come to any sort of physical build is a blanket box/storage chest
> built from plans I got from the local big chain hardware store

All good things in due time. I'm an "old man" now, with kids grown and out of the house, been working for almost thirty years, blah blah blah, and in some ways, building a home theater has been a lifelong goal.

When I was a kid another dream was to own my own arcade machine, and I've checked that box.

I had another adolescent dream to make out with Phoebe Cates too, but somehow I think that one I'll have to let go.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#352659 - 04/07/16 10:00 PM

cool.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 329 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2740