MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Zaghadka
MAME Groupie
Reged: 04/26/11
Send PM

Setting "or" controls in MAME 0.171
#351293 - 03/08/16 12:21 AM

I recently started using the MESS emulation stuff and came across a problem setting up controls.

In previous versions of MAME, you pressed "enter" on a control, pressed the button or stick you want, it would set up, and then you pressed "enter" again quickly to enter a different control for the same feature, and it would come up as an "or" control (i.e.: "Joy 1 up _or_ Keyboard up.")

Now, I can't seem to get it to accept multiple controls for the same feature that way. It only accepts the button I press once, no matter how quickly I press "enter" again to set up the second control.

How do you set up "or" controls in MAME now? I can't figure it out.

Zaghadka
MAME Groupie
Reged: 04/26/11
Send PM

Re: Setting "or" controls in MAME 0.171 new [Re: Zaghadka]
#351295 - 03/08/16 12:33 AM

On further examination, it appears that I can set "or" controls in, say, Asteroids, the old fashioned way, by entering multiple inputs, one-at-a-time, but it doesn't work when setting up Nintendo Entertainment System (USA) controls. It doesn't work in Super NES (USA) either. It does work with the Game Boy system. So it isn't all of MESS that's behaving this way.

Is this perhaps a bug?

If it is, I'll test all the MESS systems and send a report to MAMETesters.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 507 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1129