MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

KovalPL
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/12/16
Send PM

MAME weird problem
#350196 - 02/12/16 05:11 PM

Hi! I'm new to forum. I don't know where to post it so please be polite on me ;D So Long long time ago I installed MAME and add some roms. I don't know what was that site, but roms worked well. Now again I want to play MAME but every rom from sites I know is bad. Standard message about missing chd file or other rom. But when I load same roms to MAMEXT they work but they don't show up as available. I must go to all games section and then in search box type name of the game.
I tried also audit them but info in it doesn't tell me much.

OK. Now my question is how to force MAME to launch those roms or MAMEXT to show in available section

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

Re: MAME weird problem new [Re: KovalPL]
#350209 - 02/13/16 12:38 AM

> I tried also audit them but info in it doesn't tell me much.

Can you post the error messages you are getting when you audit them?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: MAME weird problem new [Re: dfrance]
#350211 - 02/13/16 01:10 AM

> > I tried also audit them but info in it doesn't tell me much.
>
> Can you post the error messages you are getting when you audit them?

The ones about missing ROMs or CHDs. The obvious one that implies that he needs to head on over to Pleasuredome and get an updated torrent of the MAME ROM set. Was it not possible to glean this from his post?

KovalPL
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/12/16
Send PM

Re: MAME weird problem new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#350215 - 02/13/16 05:16 AM

I just want a few roms (especially Metal Slug 1-6 and 1941- 19XX) not the entire rom sets ;(

Is there any chance to get updated roms separately? 'Coz I don't have much HDD space. I searched the web and note that rom sets are at least 51 GB, and CHD files about 320

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#350217 - 02/13/16 05:27 AM Attachment: games-list.png 55 KB (0 downloads)

> I just want a few roms (especially Metal Slug 1-6 and 1941- 19XX) not the entire rom
> sets ;(
>
> Is there any chance to get updated roms separately? 'Coz I don't have much HDD space.
> I searched the web and note that rom sets are at least 51 GB, and CHD files about 320

Don't forget the softwarelist files waste too.

Download the clrmamepro and then uncheck all the ones that you don't want in your ROM's folder. "Set Information" is where the games list is at. http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/ Guide here. http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html (Guide is out of date. But it should teach you on how to setup or what ever to load onto the clrmamepro.)

Oh if you don't want the clones then hit the [+] to view the clones. Uncheck those.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#350224 - 02/13/16 08:37 AM

> I just want a few roms (especially Metal Slug 1-6 and 1941- 19XX) not the entire rom
> sets ;(
>
> Is there any chance to get updated roms separately? 'Coz I don't have much HDD space.
> I searched the web and note that rom sets are at least 51 GB, and CHD files about 320

Any torrent program worth its salt can download individual files from within the torrent.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1895