MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Please stop recovering old huge posts (nt)
#349492 - 01/23/16 05:35 AM

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: Moderators please... new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#349849 - 02/03/16 05:26 PM

...stick the 'Custom Bezels/Artworks' on a single post on the top of this forum please. It's somewhat annoying to visit this forum and see a huge old post being bumped over and over again.

To the OP, it's nothing personal, it's just something to keep the forum clean and easier to follow.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

#349851 - 02/03/16 06:44 PM

No offense taken.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, to be honest. I do keep all my custom bezels in a single thread. I was advised to do this after I had suggested an alternative.

Do you view the forums in threaded mode? I forget the specifics, but in the default view for the forums long posts do look messy. But if you change to the more traditional forum view - the usual default for the likes of Vbulletin - then there really isn't a problem with the length of threads - they all appear, long and short, as a single line entry.

I made the viewing change myself, and things were much better. I am continuing to create more custom bezels, so I'm not sure what to do other than keep them in a single thread.

lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Send PM

#349854 - 02/03/16 08:20 PM

> ...stick the 'Custom Bezels/Artworks' on a single post on the top of this forum
> please. It's somewhat annoying to visit this forum and see a huge old post being
> bumped over and over again.
>

Perhaps you need to change your settings? If you are looking at the Thread List you will notice either a "Collapse" or "Expand" on top right. If you have it set to Collapsed, you'll only have a single thread to look at.

> To the OP, it's nothing personal, it's just something to keep the forum clean and
> easier to follow.

Not sure why you are talking to yourself here, but try adjusting your settings as mentioned above. There are only a couple posts here a week/month, so it shouldn't overload you to see a couple threads get bumped

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: Moderators please... new [Re: Vaughan]
#349858 - 02/04/16 03:30 AM

Thanks people. My settings were the default (expanded threads) and now I've changed it to collapsed and it is much better to read.

Problem solved, let's get back to the artworks!

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

#349880 - 02/04/16 01:38 PM

I had the exact same problem some time ago. Glad things are better for you.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 512 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2245