MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Computer Space model topic once again *edit*
#349369 - 01/18/16 06:21 AM

A discussion regarding the model posing with Computer Space cab was talked about here on MW forums many years earlier.

A recent ebay listing of a flyer for Computer Space has a guess of the name YVETTE MIMIEUX that was the model doing the photo session, but the guess is likely not correct.

Some interesting early 1970s tidbit info that the seller describes of Computer Space cabs being placed at some hotels around or next to Disneyland (Anaheim, CA). Harbor Blvd. runs north and south and Katella Ave runs east and west at south side of Disneyland. I am guessing the seller is describing the more ritzy hotels that would be on Harbor Blvd compared to the small size motels that were on Katella Ave.

--
When ebay 1st started I was the guy who was selling Computer Space units that are family still had from the old days. I had 13 units and 5 of them were sold overseas to Japan - Italy & Germany / My dad Ken Blackburn was working for Bill Nutting in the sales department at the time when Nolan Bushnell walked into the building with his pitch for Computer Space.. We took a dozen to run down in the Disneyland Area Hotels. We were all ready running Computer Quiz machines and it was an easy fit to put them into the Stovall Hotels - Inn of Tomorrow - Galaxy - Space Age on Harbor Blvd.Here is a little piece of Computer Space history that I am sure no one else has.
--

Edited by gregf (01/18/16 01:18 PM)

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Computer Space model topic once again new [Re: gregf]
#349370 - 01/18/16 06:46 AM

> A discussion regarding the model posing with Computer Space cab was talked about
> here on MW forums many years earlier.
>
> A recent ebay listing of a flyer for Computer Space has a guess of the name YVETTE
> MIMIEUX that was the model doing the photo session.

ComputerSpaceFan claims that's debunked for a while:
http://www.computerspacefan.com/Poster%20Girl.htm

- Stiletto

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Computer Space model topic once again new [Re: Stiletto]
#349371 - 01/18/16 08:19 AM

> > A discussion regarding the model posing with Computer Space cab was talked about
> > here on MW forums many years earlier.
> >
> > A recent ebay listing of a flyer for Computer Space has a guess of the name YVETTE
> > MIMIEUX that was the model doing the photo session.
>
> ComputerSpaceFan claims that's debunked for a while:
> http://www.computerspacefan.com/Poster%20Girl.htm
>
> - Stiletto

Look it the guy from Guns and Roses. He went back in time.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Computer Space model new [Re: Stiletto]
#349374 - 01/18/16 01:16 PM

>> A recent ebay listing of a flyer for Computer Space has a guess of the name YVETTE
>MIMIEUX that was the model doing the photo session.

>ComputerSpaceFan claims that's debunked for a while:
http://www.computerspacefan.com/Poster%20Girl.htm

Okay. Good to know he already took care of that detail so others won't be following the non-existing lead.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 514 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1413