View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

imaprinter
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/05/16
Send PM

I think my last Post was not clear, Experts please help
#349268 - 01/15/16 12:46 AM

My last post was not very clear, please accept my apologize. As it stands right now, I have Crystal Quest loaded on my Mac and using a mouse is NOT a problem. My problem comes from my PC and the games GORF, Battlezone and tempest. I have ordered from ebay USB Game controllers - the d pad, x-box and Playstation 3 as well as Logitech. Once they get here, I want to know will they act like plug and play or will I need to download some kind of software??? I am not a PC person and I wanted a heads up so I can play these classic games on PC. Please and thank you!

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: I think my last Post was not clear, Experts please help new [Re: imaprinter]
#349273 - 01/15/16 02:20 AM

> My last post was not very clear, please accept my apologize. As it stands right now,
> I have Crystal Quest loaded on my Mac and using a mouse is NOT a problem. My problem
> comes from my PC and the games GORF, Battlezone and tempest. I have ordered from ebay
> USB Game controllers - the d pad, x-box and Playstation 3 as well as Logitech. Once
> they get here, I want to know will they act like plug and play or will I need to
> download some kind of software??? I am not a PC person and I wanted a heads up so I
> can play these classic games on PC. Please and thank you!

No, your last post was perfectly clear. If you're using a PC, then the Xbox 360 controller as well as the Logitech controller will work out of the box. The Playstation 3 controller will not - though, according to a friend, it will work on your Mac.

You also don't need to keep making a new thread every time you want to respond. Did you know that you can reply to your existing thread?

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: I think my last Post was not clear, Experts please help new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#349275 - 01/15/16 03:09 AM

I have a x360 & PS3 controller hooked up to my computer. Both worked right out of the box without the need of any extra software. I'm using Win 7 64 bit. Some games don't like both connected at the same time, so you might have to disconnect one, but I haven't had any problems with MAME having them both connected @ once.

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: I think my last Post was not clear, Experts please help new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#349279 - 01/15/16 06:01 AM

> You also don't need to keep making a new thread every time you want to respond. Did
> you know that you can reply to your existing thread?

If I could merge all his threads, I would - but it doesn't look possible.

- Stiletto

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: I think my last Post was not clear, Experts please help new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#349289 - 01/15/16 10:30 PM

> I have a x360 & PS3 controller hooked up to my computer. Both worked right out of the
> box without the need of any extra software. I'm using Win 7 64 bit. Some games don't
> like both connected at the same time, so you might have to disconnect one

I think that will go away if you install the Xbox 360 controller driver.
https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

S

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: I think my last Post was not clear, Experts please help new [Re: Sune]
#349294 - 01/16/16 01:36 AM

Kewl, I'll give it a try. Thank you

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1259