MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bluerose
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/13/16
Send PM

mame only shows one page of ROMS
#349208 - 01/13/16 03:01 AM Attachment: MAME.png 121 KB (0 downloads)

Using Mame on on Ubuntu 14.04 and can only navigate on one page of ROMs. I can certainly search a ROM name and find it that way, but I dont always remember the names, or even remember all the ones I have. In this version of Mame it jsut shows random names at startup

Surely there must be a way to tell the GUI to show ALL roms, or maybe there is a ROM manager I can download?

[image]/home/mikeal/Pictures/MAME.png[/image]

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: mame only shows one page of ROMS new [Re: Bluerose]
#349210 - 01/13/16 03:32 AM

> Surely there must be a way to tell the GUI to show ALL roms, or maybe there is a ROM
> manager I can download?

Internal UI only ever shows one page of randomly selected systems. Use a front-end like QMC2, or a build of MAME with an enhanced internal UI like mewui.

Bluerose
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/13/16
Send PM

Re: mame only shows one page of ROMS new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#349211 - 01/13/16 05:01 AM

thank you for your reply. I have installed QMC2 for the time being (looks deep). More learning here how to set it up, but I think this is whAT I WAS LOOKING FOR !

Edited by Bluerose (01/13/16 05:17 AM)

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: mame only shows one page of ROMS new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#349214 - 01/13/16 08:23 AM

> Internal UI only ever shows one page of randomly selected systems. Use a front-end
> like QMC2, or a build of MAME with an enhanced internal UI like mewui.

He/she has a point though. If MAME's internal UI is capable of showing huge and complete lists of software per system, it would make sense for the same internal UI to show all supported sets in the same way.

But yes, I wouldn't dare to make a suggestion like that out of the blue because then probably I would need a front-end to navigate softlists too. I wouldn't appreciate one page of random cartridges.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1473