View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Alex7
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/16/14
Send PM

Kawaks Emulator questions
#348623 - 12/31/15 05:28 AM

i just see in mame are bunch of roms that when you audit it you get (NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN) or (NEEDS REDUMP) well the real question is if that games are bad dumped in mame talking of cps1 in this case but in kawaks they never had problems whit the roms and they also agree new clones that in mame are bad dumped. so the roms are not updated in kawaks?
(because in mame you need a new rom per version)
or the roms are bab dumped and the emulator dont show you that in kawaks?

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: Alex7]
#348625 - 12/31/15 05:40 AM

> i just see in mame are bunch of roms that when you audit it you get (NO GOOD DUMP
> KNOWN) or (NEEDS REDUMP) well the real question is if that games are bad dumped in
> mame talking of cps1 in this case but in kawaks they never had problems whit the roms
> and they also agree new clones that in mame are bad dumped. so the roms are not
> updated in kawaks?
> (because in mame you need a new rom per version)
> or the roms are bab dumped and the emulator dont show you that in kawaks?

Kawaks is garbage.

MAME actually implements equations etc. based on the PAL chips on the board etc. In cases where they're not dumped / badly dumped we mark it as such, because we care about such things and would like to see proper dumps (for the benefit of board owners etc.) When they get dumped we add them to the romsets (hence the romsets changing between versions)

Just because MAME tells you that things are bad / need redump doesn't mean it's a worse emulator, it's just a more honest emulator. From a gameplay perspective you're not going to care if those things need redumping, from a board owners perspective, you are.

Kawaks is a toy, MAME is a serious project.

Alex7
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: Haze]
#348633 - 12/31/15 06:56 AM

> > i just see in mame are bunch of roms that when you audit it you get (NO GOOD DUMP
> > KNOWN) or (NEEDS REDUMP) well the real question is if that games are bad dumped in
> > mame talking of cps1 in this case but in kawaks they never had problems whit the
> roms
> > and they also agree new clones that in mame are bad dumped. so the roms are not
> > updated in kawaks?
> > (because in mame you need a new rom per version)
> > or the roms are bab dumped and the emulator dont show you that in kawaks?
>
> Kawaks is garbage.
>
> MAME actually implements equations etc. based on the PAL chips on the board etc. In
> cases where they're not dumped / badly dumped we mark it as such, because we care
> about such things and would like to see proper dumps (for the benefit of board owners
> etc.) When they get dumped we add them to the romsets (hence the romsets changing
> between versions)
>
> Just because MAME tells you that things are bad / need redump doesn't mean it's a
> worse emulator, it's just a more honest emulator. From a gameplay perspective you're
> not going to care if those things need redumping, from a board owners perspective,
> you are.
>
> Kawaks is a toy, MAME is a serious project.

actually you care if you wanted to play the games accurate
is my case and why such hate on kawaks Lol that way you sound like a fanboy and not a serious developer sorry no offense

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#348638 - 12/31/15 11:08 AM

> Lol that way you sound like a fanboy and not a
> serious developer sorry no offense

And you sound like a fucking mongoloid, so I guess we're at an impasse, aren't we?

Ashura-X
MAME Compiler!
Reged: 01/22/04
Send PM

#348646 - 12/31/15 03:48 PM

Stop to attack the people here else BAN!

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#348651 - 12/31/15 04:48 PM

Quote:

And you sound like a fucking mongoloid, so I guess we're at an impasse, aren't we?

The putdowns on here are always above average

Arcade Addict

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Like Haze said. Kawaks is garbage. :D new [Re: Haze]
#348656 - 12/31/15 07:53 PM

Razoola took over Kawaks so many years ago. The owner of Kawaks is no longer around. Rename to WinKawaks. He had to hack it in order to add the new drivers and changes.

Just like the owner of Final Burn quit and the new people took over. Made the changes, rebuild and rename it to Final Burn Alpha.

I have to say that Final Burn Alpha is better than WinKawaks. MAME is better out of all.

You probably Kawaks fan boy. I'm the MAME fan boy. MAME have HLSL and GLSL that will blows the rest away. MAME will continue on the changes.

By the way. I love the MAME Dev Team. Like a family.

Oh another thing is that WinKawaks will never change. Still the same old Kawaks. It need to be rebuild from the ground and up without any hacks.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Alex7
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: Ashura-X]
#348703 - 01/01/16 10:36 PM

there is no atack here so dont say that

Alex7
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#348704 - 01/01/16 10:37 PM

hahaha poor bastard dont even acept critics

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Like Haze said. Kawaks is garbage. :D new [Re: Dullaron]
#348706 - 01/01/16 10:49 PM

> Razoola took over Kawaks so many years ago. The owner of Kawaks is no longer around.
> Rename to WinKawaks. He had to hack it in order to add the new drivers and changes.

Oh, that explains the long-standing bugs, then. Lots of little UI quirks that drive me mad.

Ashura-X
MAME Compiler!
Reged: 01/22/04
Send PM

#348707 - 01/01/16 11:14 PM

And you told on last post about "no attacks here" ??

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#348709 - 01/02/16 12:07 AM

The OP has a choice to drink wine sold in a box (Kawaks) or to drink the finest wine (MAME)

If the only option is to game on Mom or Dads 10 year old AMD or Celeron than Kawaks is for you (though I probably still wouldn't use it )

Nothing more to really say or add here.

Alex7
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: Ashura-X]
#348710 - 01/02/16 12:37 AM

yeah what is the atack here? i only make a question and you guys come out whit a bunch of horseshit so dont F*ck arround LOL idiots i dont like conceited people sorry I'm just defending myself

Alex7
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Like Haze said. Kawaks is garbage. :D new [Re: Dullaron]
#348711 - 01/02/16 12:43 AM

> Razoola took over Kawaks so many years ago. The owner of Kawaks is no longer around.
> Rename to WinKawaks. He had to hack it in order to add the new drivers and changes.
>
> Just like the owner of Final Burn quit and the new people took over. Made the
> changes, rebuild and rename it to Final Burn Alpha.
>
> I have to say that Final Burn Alpha is better than WinKawaks. MAME is better out of
> all.
>
> You probably Kawaks fan boy. I'm the MAME fan boy. MAME have HLSL and GLSL that will
> blows the rest away. MAME will continue on the changes.
>
> By the way. I love the MAME Dev Team. Like a family.
>
> Oh another thing is that WinKawaks will never change. Still the same old Kawaks. It
> need to be rebuild from the ground and up without any hacks.

well i`m not a kawaks or mame fanboy i only use variuos emulators that's all and i only wanted to know this
see you are the kind of people i like to awnser my questions without bullshit not like the rest of you F**
Thanks Dullaron

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#348712 - 01/02/16 12:47 AM

> yeah what is the atack here? i only make a question and you guys come out whit a
> bunch of horseshit so dont F*ck arround LOL idiots i dont like conceited people sorry
> I'm just defending myself

I gave you an accurate answer, you appear to not like it, so started attacking people.

Edited by Haze (01/02/16 12:48 AM)

Alex7
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: Haze]
#348716 - 01/02/16 01:39 AM

well but you say that kawaks was ''Garbage''
that's a little of a something wrong you could have said kawaks is not a good emulator in my opinion or is an obsolete emulator otherwise it sound like a fight of trolls in youtube
and second i was not the first to start atacking nothing it was the other guy that reply to me saying:

''And you sound like a fucking mongoloid, so I guess we're at an impasse, aren't we?''

so i anwser to him to go f** himself but if it was not for that idiot none of this wouldn't happen

i only answer to that you sounded like a fanboy of mame if you wanna take it good of you not is right anyways but nothing offensive like ''fucking mongoloid'' and without arguments Lol

Edited by Alex7 (01/02/16 01:41 AM)

remax
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/12
Send PM

#348743 - 01/02/16 11:41 AM

>
> i only answer to that you sounded like a fanboy of mame if you wanna take it good of
> you not is right anyways

You are aware that he is one of the MAME dev, right ?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: remax]
#348746 - 01/02/16 02:33 PM

> You are aware that he is one of the MAME dev, right ?

And he's probably emulated more games than that other guy has laid eyes on right?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Kawaks Emulator questions new [Re: gamez fan]
#348827 - 01/04/16 05:50 PM

> And you sound like a fucking mongoloid, so I guess we're at an impasse, aren't we?
>
>
> The putdowns on here are always above average

It's the "I guess we're at an impasse" part that almost made him owe me a keyboard.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 257 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2766