MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1 | 2 |

Hammy
Collector
Reged: 10/15/03
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Haze]
#348163 - 12/15/15 11:27 PM

cool riders - mame audio is VERY close, kale's last update sounds good? the stray loops are gone at least.

i finally did the vid of the cab hope it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYS5wsIi5M&feature=youtu.be

Cheers Ham!

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: Akai Katana and Cave in general new [Re: haynor666]
#348166 - 12/16/15 01:57 AM

Don't get your hopes up. CV1000 is a series of ugly hacks on ugly, badly-designed hardware. Not even Cave completely understands their own hardware. It'll likely never be 100% perfect in MAME.

Comparatively, $20 isn't too bad.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Moose]
#348169 - 12/16/15 02:17 AM

> Even though I haven't used the BNC stuff in the last 20 years, I've never been able to throw them out.

Hey, I got a couple PIs or IIs with TNTs in them in case I ever want to run AdvanceMAME .37 or something.....

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

I still think Daphne looks great..... new [Re: Antny]
#348170 - 12/16/15 02:27 AM

I remember the images Aaron showed of DL. Great looking, but even on a higher res CRT Daphne looks more what I remember seeing. So, yeah, do the best one can [now]. Do it again if someone intrepid wants to later.....

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Hammy]
#348172 - 12/16/15 02:36 AM

> i finally did the vid of the cab hope it helps:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYS5wsIi5M&feature=youtu.be
>
> Cheers Ham!

The quality is pretty bad. My phone (free) LG Leon takes infinitely better video than that, and a bit better audio as well. Really should get a better camera, or/and upload full resolution. If it's just the audio you want, then use a decent recorder, perhaps a decent external mic, too.

haynor666
Reged: 05/06/06
Loc: Tarnobrzeg/Poland
Send PM

Re: Akai Katana and Cave in general new [Re: Firehawke]
#348196 - 12/16/15 11:45 PM

That's not a real problem for me, I enjoy those games as they are right now. Playing those on CRT TV in mame is better option than switching to my XBox360.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Ville Linde]
#348225 - 12/17/15 03:18 PM

> Actually, strike that. I just found the DSP code, it was just "misplaced" :P
> Doesn't completely rule out internal ROM, but at least there's something to work with
> now.

Ville's the master of understatement ;-) Here's what he just submitted:

No polygons yet, just the 2D layers, but *I'm* impressed.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#348226 - 12/17/15 03:37 PM

> > Actually, strike that. I just found the DSP code, it was just "misplaced" :P
> > Doesn't completely rule out internal ROM, but at least there's something to work
> with
> > now.
>
> Ville's the master of understatement ;-) Here's what he just submitted:
>
>
> No polygons yet, just the 2D layers, but *I'm* impressed.

looks like the sound system is close to FX-1B (Gdarius etc.) too, although there's a comment about the possiblity of an internal ROM.

still, we know how Taito liked to reuse sound systems, so I'm optimistic about it.

awful game btw, bowling alley used to have one (I'd put it up there with Operation Wolf 3 in terms of quality) but good to see progress on it :-)

Edited by Haze (12/17/15 03:40 PM)

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Haze]
#348229 - 12/17/15 06:29 PM

Is there some videos of Operation Tiger ?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: CTOJAH]
#348237 - 12/17/15 10:29 PM

> Is there some videos of Operation Tiger ?

Good question, why don't you search on YouTube and get back to us?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: CTOJAH]
#348241 - 12/18/15 02:47 AM

> Is there some videos of Operation Tiger ?

I've found it!

https://youtu.be/_6MAkLJ79LE

Rychem
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Master O]
#348244 - 12/18/15 04:43 AM

More of a hope but...
1) Full emulation of all the SNES add on chips (SA-1 and Super FX included).
2) Working EEPROM saving in the Megadriv driver.

Feels like it will be a good year!!

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#348364 - 12/23/15 06:32 AM

> > What a shame, I didn't know there was a dark back story. I thought the method to
> > preserve the discs information was agreed upon.
> >
> > IIRC, Microsoft's Direct Show was being used to encode the additional data.
> >
> > Reading posts in the past it seemed as if the emulation part wasn't that difficult
> > (correct me if I'm wrong)
> >
> > I hope it is not a "capture" sticking point for MAME. LD is one of the last great
> > frontiers for MAME and the discs just keep degrading.
>
> Unfortunately, that seems to be exactly what it is, and it's not going to be until
> other devs get off their respective asses and realize that there's no such thing as
> "perfect" that we'll be able to see these sorts of games in MAME. Personally, I'm
> pretty tired of the argument that we have to have everything bit-perfect, given the
> fact that laserdiscs are inherently analog. Yes, we certainly want the auxiliary
> information for each frame, but that's one hell of a gulf between "what MAMEdev at
> large seems to want" and "what's viable to dump for the average person". I may be on
> the dev mailing list, but I'm more than happy to call out bullshit when I see it, and
> I think that the current situation with laserdiscs qualifies as such. We're sitting
> here, twiddling our thumbs, while these discs rot away in whatever storage unit
> they've been slung into, waiting for some idealistic level of perfection that will
> never come. I say fuck that, let's get this stuff into MAME sooner, rather than
> later.

Exactly. You have common sense.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Moose]
#348373 - 12/23/15 07:20 PM

> > > - Improved PC AT 386 / 486 emulation
> >
> > I 2nd this, plus 586
> >
> > Is it possible yet to get a LAN game of Doom working on the 486 driver? Was Doom
> the
> > first LAN based PC game?
>
> No, there were plenty of games with LAN support long before Doom came out.

We used to play two player Stunt Car Racer on Amiga 500s connected via null modem cable. This was in the late 80s, I guess 4-5 years before Doom came out.

Of course the Amiga 500 is not a "PC" as in IBM PC...and a null modem connection is not really a "LAN". But that's what we had. The Amiga seemed to be lightyears ahead of the PC back in the late 80s. But it didn't take long for the PC to catch up.

S

LensLarque
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/19/08
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#348374 - 12/23/15 07:56 PM

> > Oh, what a pity
> > Someone should help shoutime with dumping. He obviously have not a spare time.
>
> He really doesn't have much spare time, and I'm not sure that there would be anyone
> with his qualifications to stand in his shoes. The guy is involved in some things
> quite a lot bigger than any of us individual folks. Knowing his situation (without
> getting into specifics), I'm not going to hold his lack of time for dumping things
> against him. Suffice it to say that he's a solid dude who's really good at obtaining
> things for historical preservation in the long term, it just might take some time for
> everything to be dumped. As they say, patience is a virtue.

IIRC he also got his hands on R-Gear, didn't he ? *drool*

Anyway if it's still time to write Santa a letter allow me to add to the wishlist;
- better/accurate ingame speed emulation for Cave cv1k
- Vimana/Fire Shark/Ghox sound (or sample support in regular builds in the meantime)
- improved Raiden Fighters series sound (or samples support again)
- a simple 2x, 3x, 4x etc integer scaling option that works in all modes ddraw/d3d/ogl even allowing to display out of screen bounds with a number of lines left out if desired (like custom integer scaling in RA, but not in RA, that'd be great!)

> MAME isn't about playing the games anyway.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: LensLarque]
#348375 - 12/23/15 09:10 PM

> IIRC he also got his hands on R-Gear, didn't he ? *drool*
Never heard of ?!
Me want, me want !

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

#348391 - 12/25/15 04:23 AM

Obligatory annual wish for native force feedback support for the racing games that support it.

Tornadoboy
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/09/11
Loc: Massachusetts
Send PM

Fantasy list new [Re: Master O]
#348551 - 12/30/15 04:50 AM

Most of what I'd love to see is undumped boards being found, ROM-dumped and preserved.

We've seen some pretty incredible things turn up over recent years like Hammer Away, Monkey Magic and Angler Dangler, I'm holding out hope for these someday:

Bouncer - the holiest of holy grails IMHO, we'll feel it on the Richter scale if that ever turns up.
Lost vectors like Vertigo, Battle Star, Hovercraft, Scramble and Oops.
Exidy protos like Snapper and Kreepy Krawlers
Marble Man: Marble Madness II - heard a promising rumor.
Any undumped DECO cassettes, especially Flashboy and The Tower.
Vampire
Gray Out
Taito's Black Widow and Seafly
Universal's Mrs. Dynamite and Limbo
Eeek!
Cutey Fatty
Conquest / Journey
Predators
Zool
Gremlins
Surfer
Fire & Forget II

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Tornadoboy]
#348572 - 12/30/15 04:21 PM

Is the "zool" in that list the same as the old PC game (well I played on PC anyway) that had all the Chupa Chups ads in it?

Haze
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: jonwil]
#348573 - 12/30/15 04:28 PM

yeah, and it will probably just be a port, it's meant to be on rasterspeed hardware which is 486 based (same as rise of the robots)

however, I doubt it exists anymore, would have been HDD based for sure, and it's something of a miracle we got a disk for ROTR (and even then I do wonder if some of that isn't corrupt, the game ends up skipping videos and playing everything back really badly after a while)

people at least remembered playing ROTR, nobody remembers even playing Zool, and even the more common things like quiz games on the same hardware haven't turned up. (the deal with video games / quiz games from these fruit machine manufacturers seems to have been that things were only ever loaned out, then recalled, never sold)

Tornadoboy
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/09/11
Loc: Massachusetts
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Haze]
#348578 - 12/30/15 06:27 PM

Yeah I'm not holding my breath on Zool either, I've also got a suspicion Fire & Forget II is nothing but a mockup with an Amiga inside running that port, the cab looks like a modded Afterburner cab, but if it exists it would be a nice one to see preserved.

I heard a rumor that the source code for Marble Man has turned up and been compiled, hear anything on that?

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

#348579 - 12/30/15 06:51 PM

I still remember advertising for Zool from Gremlin and also I am thinking of Zool as an Amiga game, no DOS BS !
So I suppose, if the arcade port ever happened, that would be on M68000 at ~ 8 MHz and Yamaha sound chip or something similar to that.
However, beside the fact I was (those years) a big fan of Amiga games, I think that Zool was popular only in UK and was overrated too. So the arcade machine (if ever happened) should be found exactly in UK.
Also that game was far away from ROTR (technically speaking) and I think the eventual ROM should be ~ 2 MBs - so no need of HD.

P.S. This is just my AMATEURISH point of view, so sorry if I told something wrong/stupid

Haze
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: CTOJAH]
#348580 - 12/30/15 07:01 PM

> I still remember advertising for Zool from Gremlin and also I am thinking of Zool as
> an Amiga game, no DOS BS !
> So I suppose, if the arcade port ever happened, that would be on M68000 at ~ 8 MHz
> and Yamaha sound chip or something similar to that.
> However, beside the fact I was (those years) a big fan of Amiga games, I think that
> Zool was popular only in UK and was overrated too. So the arcade machine (if ever
> happened) should be found exactly in UK.
> Also that game was far away from ROTR (technically speaking) and I think the eventual
> ROM should be ~ 2 MBs - so no need of HD.
>
> P.S. This is just my AMATEURISH point of view, so sorry if I told something
> wrong/stupid

except it's already been said that the version by Bellfruit is on Rasterspeed hardware, which we know is x86 based and uses a HDD or CD.

Even if the game didn't NEED it, they probably bulked it up with FMV, look at things like the SegaCD library, half the disk taken up by company logo animations etc.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Send PM

#348581 - 12/30/15 07:52 PM

Oh, I forgot to say my New Year wish :
Gamshara :

Is there any break thru in breaking/understanding the Namcos 10 protection ?

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list *another edit* new [Re: Tornadoboy]
#348660 - 12/31/15 10:24 PM

>Bouncer - the holiest of holy grails IMHO, we'll feel it on the Richter scale if that ever turns up.
>Lost vectors like Vertigo, Battle Star, Hovercraft, Scramble and Oops.
>Exidy protos like Snapper and Kreepy Krawlers
>Marble Man: Marble Madness II - heard a promising rumor.
>Any undumped DECO cassettes, especially Flashboy and The Tower.
>Vampire
>Gray Out
>Taito's Black Widow and Seafly
>Universal's Mrs. Dynamite and Limbo
>Eeek!
>Cutey Fatty
>Conquest / Journey
>Predators
>Zool
>Gremlins
>Surfer
>Fire & Forget II

That is an all-star lineup. I am guessing two or three of them might turn up.

My own fantasy list is Arcadia's Rockford and Nintendo Wild Gunman (1974 film reel version). See the slideshow slide image thread to read about slide images purchased that were actual slide images used with WG and Shooting Trainer cabs back in the days.

The list of games that might go from formerly fantasy to reality at some time

Kee Games Quiz Show now that tapes had been picked up. Andy Welburn is working with Quiz Show tapes and eventually dumping/reading data from them. After that, there is more work involved such as MAME source code likely needing some updates to handle the 8 track tapes' media format depending what is used for the tape format.

http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/keetape.jpg

And some of these games now that logic schematics have been purchased meaning there is a chance. I need to take them to a specific shop to get high quality scans of them to a pdf file format. On my list for next year.

Meadows Bombs Away....best of the Meadows non-cpu games. I played this many times back in 1976.

Digital Games Model 474 Challenger pong clone. This is the best and hardest of the pong clones imo. I played this quite a few times at a restaurant El Castillo Real at the Traffic Circle area in Long Beach back in mid 1970s. I rarely won the matchup of player versus machine.

For-Play's Rally is an interesting pong clone because it was likely one of the first first-generation pong clones that had feature of player versus machine option as well as two player option. A feature that Atari Pong didn't have. Rally supposedly arrived in markets around late spring through mid summer time frame of 1973. I did play Rally in late 1973 while there was cab at a car wash in east Long Beach area that was next to Carson street. The car wash had 2 or 3 pinball tables and iirc the Rally cab was probably the car wash owner's video game trial to see if video games could earn any revenue. The Rally cab may have been there no more than 4 or 5 months and disappeared and only pinball games remained at the car wash until car wash business closed in late 1970s.

For-Play's Sport Center. I have never seen Sport Center before, but it probably was out on the markets in late 1973 or 1974. The unique feature for a first generation pong clone games was ability to select 1, or 2 or 4 players that can play tennis (pong) or hockey by setting the switch settings on control panel (two different switches on the panel) to type of game and number of players to play the game.

Edited by gregf (01/17/16 09:26 AM)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Interesting addition to the Cabal series...... (nt) new [Re: CTOJAH]
#348726 - 01/02/16 05:22 AM

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Raised on the Radio? (nt) new [Re: Haze]
#348727 - 01/02/16 05:23 AM

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Rise Of The Robots *nt* new [Re: Traso]
#348754 - 01/02/16 07:55 PM

Brian Deuel
Old Man
Reged: 01/09/04
Send PM

#348775 - 01/03/16 06:49 PM

My list pretty much matches yours, and Greg's, but I'd also add the same ones I add every year- the unfound/undumped "Moon" games from Nichibutsu...

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#348777 - 01/03/16 09:16 PM

> Marble Man: Marble Madness II - heard a promising rumor.

It's probably true. What is the rumor? I recall saying back in 2001 that Scott would eventually in 10-20 years get sick of hoarding and dragging it around. I would not be surprised at all if he releases the roms.

There will be more deco cassette dumps.

Bouncer no longer exists. Time for people to let that go.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: CTOJAH]
#348823 - 01/04/16 05:42 PM

> Oh, I forgot to say my New Year wish :
> Gamshara :
>
>
> Is there any break thru in breaking/understanding the Namcos 10 protection ?

As Haze has stated (I think elsewhere in this thread?) there was some very good progress made on it last year which suddenly hit a brick wall.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: LensLarque]
#348824 - 01/04/16 05:43 PM

> - a simple 2x, 3x, 4x etc integer scaling option that works in all modes
> ddraw/d3d/ogl even allowing to display out of screen bounds with a number of lines
> left out if desired (like custom integer scaling in RA, but not in RA, that'd be
> great!)

SDL builds have had a "force integer scaling" option since 2008 or so, although they don't allow setting an arbitrary factor or overdriving the screen.

LensLarque
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#348900 - 01/05/16 06:20 PM

> > - a simple 2x, 3x, 4x etc integer scaling option that works in all modes
> > ddraw/d3d/ogl even allowing to display out of screen bounds with a number of lines
> > left out if desired (like custom integer scaling in RA, but not in RA, that'd be
> > great!)
>
> SDL builds have had a "force integer scaling" option since 2008 or so, although they
> don't allow setting an arbitrary factor or overdriving the screen.

Well we can select integer or uneven stretch in regular MAME, isn't that the same thing ?
Anyway what I'm thinking of already exists in the GUI while ingame you can press TAB and manually stretch V and H, but it's almost impossible to adjust to integer with the naked eye (edit: but it does allow to stretch out of bounds).
The damned RA makes it immensely more simple by having a custom scaling option where you can set 2x, 3x, 4x etc for V & H at will -> MAME absolutely NEEDs this I believe.
Seriously even if it often costs the user little black bars or some lines left out of the screen space; a properly scaled image looks sooooooo much better than any lousy uneven stretching.
And don't talk about buying a proper screen for the only 'nearest integer' setting currently available in MAME, I don't want to use a magnifying glass to play as it only very rarely fit well on most pc monitors.

So that would be good, also a less lousy than bilinear filter available by default would be nice, something similar but more gentle/less muddy combined with integer scaling would be a freaking win, and no need to bother with shaders and stuff.

I've always felt the official MAME could use a couple simple 'feel good' things like that to make it more enjoyable by default so that people wouldn't have to think it's lacking and go seek/beg alternative build or frontend makers for all kinds of modifications.

Edited by LensLarque (01/05/16 06:28 PM)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#348962 - 01/06/16 11:31 PM

> Well we can select integer or uneven stretch in regular MAME, isn't that the same
> thing ?

I don't think it's in normal Windows builds. It existed for a while but was never actually hooked up, and then AFAIK it went away.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Smitdogg]
#348967 - 01/07/16 04:21 AM

>Bouncer no longer exists. Time for people to let that go.

Please don't tell this guy

http://www.turbosub.com/

I would personally like Mazer Blazer dumped and playable. I would be nice to see other protos dumped. Time bomb and Akka Arrrh would be nice. MM would be great but I doubt it will ever happen. Usually protos suck anyway and aren't fun to play. It still arcade history and should be preserved.

This guy has a few. I wonder if he's MAME friendly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wIk99A7VoM

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#348971 - 01/07/16 06:28 AM

> > - more progress on discrete parts emulation (there was great progress recently)
> >
>
> yeah, hopefully those who understand this will continue to put in the work, it's an
> important area of MAME, not always popular when it brings drivers to their knees
> performance-wise, but we can't hide from it forever.
>
> > - emulate laserdisc games (and dump missing discs) - Interstellar Laser Fantasy,
> > Bega's Battle, Astron Belt, Galaxy Ranger
> >
>
> yeah, would be nice to see progress in this area unlocked again, the way things were
> done before hasn't helped us, too many things others weren't able to reproduce / do
> for themselves. There were people who wanted to get on board with this in the past
> and couldn't because the software / exact instructions etc. weren't available to
> them, I'd view this as one of the darker parts of MAME history.

So, there's little to no chance on those laser disc games, then?

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Antny]
#348972 - 01/07/16 06:52 AM

>This guy has a few. I wonder if he's MAME friendly

Joe is emulation/preservation friendly and has contributed many times in the past.

Amusing part while watching the segment of CES wall game variation of Trap Shoot is being played is when Joe briefly talks about Gremlin's version of Trap Shoot at some businesses was amusing. I didn't know there was an issue regarding Gremlin's version of Trap Shoot where customers could play for hours. The CES version is emulated in MAME, but isn't the same without the scan of the artwork.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: gregf]
#348973 - 01/07/16 06:57 AM

Oh, I didn't know he was registered here. I just saw he had a Mazer Blazer & an Akka Arhh. Seems like a nice guy in the vid.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Antny]
#348982 - 01/07/16 01:55 PM

>I just saw he had a Mazer Blazer & an Akka Arhh. Seems like a nice guy in the vid.

I am not sure if he has pcbs for either game. iirc Mazer Blazer also had an add-on pcb for audio and a couple of the roms are still needing to be dumped.

LensLarque
MAME Fan
Send PM

#349010 - 01/07/16 11:53 PM

> > Well we can select integer or uneven stretch in regular MAME, isn't that the same
> > thing ?
>
> I don't think it's in normal Windows builds. It existed for a while but was never
> actually hooked up, and then AFAIK it went away.

Too bad, found this:
The last two posts made me sad.

As an alternative I've found that GroovyMame has 'cleanstretch', which works as intended but apparently disables filtering because switchres takes over and it doesn't feature bilinear or anything.
So I get integer scaling in d3d but too sharp lol.

And for integer + out of boundaries there's really only RA that I hate using. Or playing on my Sony TV which has nice overscan controls.

Anyway enough with that.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#349013 - 01/08/16 01:00 AM

> > +1 on the Atari 8 bit.
>
> If any of you guys know someone with a decent knowledge of the Atari 8-bit internals
> that might be interested in picking up the driver and making it sing, we'd love to
> hear from them. We've finally gotten Pernod to start overhauling the BBC Micro and
> friends, so the Atari 8-bit is probably the most-neglected 6502 machine left.

Is anyone friends with the guy who created virtualdub?
He also wrote an Atari 8-bit emulator, Altirra...

http://www.virtualdub.org/altirra.html

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#349014 - 01/08/16 01:07 AM

> And, IIRC, I think Doom was the first game that supported 4 players at once in a LAN
> game.
>

I remember playing a knock-off of Bolo (or something Bolo-ish) in community college on monochrome PC computers (might have been Macs. My memory is hazy). There was way more than 4 players.
http://bishop.mc.duke.edu/bolo/intro/

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: krick]
#349021 - 01/08/16 05:38 AM

> > > +1 on the Atari 8 bit.
> >
> > If any of you guys know someone with a decent knowledge of the Atari 8-bit
> internals
> > that might be interested in picking up the driver and making it sing, we'd love to
> > hear from them. We've finally gotten Pernod to start overhauling the BBC Micro and
> > friends, so the Atari 8-bit is probably the most-neglected 6502 machine left.
>
>
> Is anyone friends with the guy who created virtualdub?
> He also wrote an Atari 8-bit emulator, Altirra...
>
> http://www.virtualdub.org/altirra.html

Altirra is still updated every 7-10 days though, I think it'd be unlikely that Phaeron would help.

- Stiletto

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Stiletto]
#349042 - 01/08/16 06:23 PM

> Altirra is still updated every 7-10 days though, I think it'd be unlikely that
> Phaeron would help.

Yeah, I'm ok with him being the Atari's "byuu" and doing the research, we just need someone who can translate the findings into MAME. We have a cycle-by-cycle 6502 now so any funny tricks should be fully doable.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: gregf]
#349065 - 01/08/16 09:57 PM

> iirc Mazer Blazer also had an add-on pcb for audio and a couple of the roms are still needing to be dumped.

Really? That's a game I remember being frequently played on Starcade, so I'm surprised it's not available.

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Traso]
#349069 - 01/09/16 12:04 AM

> > iirc Mazer Blazer also had an add-on pcb for audio and a couple of the roms are
> still needing to be dumped.
>
>
> Really? That's a game I remember being frequently played on Starcade, so I'm
> surprised it's not available.

So was the Stern shooter "Journey" - but none of its ROMs were ever found or dumped. At least Mazer Blazer is partially dumped.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Shoegazr]
#349320 - 01/17/16 02:21 AM

> > > iirc Mazer Blazer also had an add-on pcb for audio and a couple of the roms are still needing to be dumped.

> > Really? That's a game I remember being frequently played on Starcade, so I'm surprised it's not available.

> So was the Stern shooter "Journey" - but none of its ROMs were ever found or dumped. At least Mazer Blazer is partially dumped.

Yeah. I thought both those games were B-side back then. Probly not missing much now.

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Traso]
#349343 - 01/17/16 07:53 AM

> > > > iirc Mazer Blazer also had an add-on pcb for audio and a couple of the roms are
> still needing to be dumped.
>
> > > Really? That's a game I remember being frequently played on Starcade, so I'm
> surprised it's not available.
>
> > So was the Stern shooter "Journey" - but none of its ROMs were ever found or
> dumped. At least Mazer Blazer is partially dumped.
>
>
> Yeah. I thought both those games were B-side back then. Probly not missing much now.

Actually, Journey seems like quite a bit of fun from the looks of it. A nice, smooth-scrolling shooter reminiscent of Time Pilot or Sinistar. With that said, given that I've never actually played it, I can't comment on its quality firsthand.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Fantasy list new [Re: Shoegazr]
#349470 - 01/22/16 09:55 AM

> Actually, Journey seems like quite a bit of fun from the looks of it. A nice, smooth-scrolling shooter reminiscent of Time Pilot or Sinistar. With that said, given that I've never actually played it, I can't comment on its quality firsthand.

Ahhh, I'd forgotten what it was like. Yeah, faster than TP, but not the same kind of fast as Sinistar...a little more single-speedy like B-side-y games, though the movements in Sinistar have a brisk progressive speed that is, arguably, classier (and you can drift around, and stop on, the screen in a way that I wouldn't be surprised if Ed Logg wasn't envious of). Plus, I couldn't tell whether there were novel differntiatins of baddies, or whether there were different types - but it looked a little more generic there, too.

I agree, though, it'd be interesting to check out first hand.

PooshhMao
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/13/06
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: Master O]
#349656 - 01/28/16 06:03 PM

A bit late to the thread, but personally I would love to see home computers such as the C64, Amiga, Atari ST, PC98 and their softlists some love.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2015 Is Almost Over: What Do You Guys Expect/Hope For in Mame/Mess? new [Re: PooshhMao]
#349794 - 02/01/16 07:13 AM

> A bit late to the thread, but personally I would love to see home computers such as
> the C64, Amiga, Atari ST, PC98 and their softlists some love.

Well give 'em some, then. ha ha

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

When will 2015 finally be over? [nt] new [Re: Master O]
#349832 - 02/02/16 12:17 PM

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: When I lock the thread so Traso doesn't keep bumping it to the top every week [nt] new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#349835 - 02/02/16 01:22 PM

>  

Pages: 1 | 2 |

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 24284