MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Dino Eggs: Rebirth!
#346887 - 11/11/15 05:01 AM

A bit slow on the draw, but I just discovered David Schroeder's awesome 1983 game "Dino Eggs" was remade as "Dino Eggs: Rebirth" this year. Dino Eggs is SO addicting and fun in its simplicity, with innovative game features I'm guessing many people haven't encountered before. Check it out here.

Now if only he'd consider remaking Crisis Mountain too.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: Dino Eggs: Rebirth! new [Re: Shoegazr]
#346895 - 11/11/15 05:49 AM

> A bit slow on the draw, but I just discovered David Schroeder's awesome 1983 game
> "Dino Eggs" was remade as "Dino Eggs: Rebirth" this year. Dino Eggs is SO addicting
> and fun in its simplicity, with innovative game features I'm guessing many people
> haven't encountered before. Check it out here.

Yes, definitely one of my favourite Apple ][ games .... I saw a post on one the the Apple ][ newsgroups a few years ago announcing that the guy was planning a remake, but I didn't actually know it had been released yet.

Moose

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#346896 - 11/11/15 06:21 AM

Thanks for the update! I loved playing both of those. The only problem with Crisis was I had a bad bootleg & the graphics were scrambled a bit in some places...Shhh!

Anyone for some Drelbs?

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Moose
Send PM

Re: Dino Eggs: Rebirth! new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#346930 - 11/12/15 03:55 AM

> Thanks for the update! I loved playing both of those. The only problem with Crisis
> was I had a bad bootleg & the graphics were scrambled a bit in some places...Shhh!
>
> Anyone for some Drelbs?

Oh yes for sure and Apple Panic, Swashbuckler, Aztec, Lady Tut, Karateka, Lode Runner, Castle Wolfenstein, Rescue Raiders, and many others - so many awesome games.

I didn't know about the save game feature in Rescue Raiders, so I left my Apple ][ turned on for about a week so I could complete the game (hoping the power wouldn't go off).

Very happy days ! Long live the ][ !

Moose

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Send PM

Re: Dino Eggs: Rebirth! new [Re: Moose]
#346961 - 11/13/15 02:09 AM

> > Thanks for the update! I loved playing both of those. The only problem with Crisis
> > was I had a bad bootleg & the graphics were scrambled a bit in some places...Shhh!
> >
> > Anyone for some Drelbs?
>
> Oh yes for sure and Apple Panic, Swashbuckler, Aztec, Lady Tut, Karateka, Lode
> Runner, Castle Wolfenstein, Rescue Raiders, and many others - so many awesome games.
>
> I didn't know about the save game feature in Rescue Raiders, so I left my Apple ][
> turned on for about a week so I could complete the game (hoping the power wouldn't go
> off).
>
> Very happy days ! Long live the ][ !

Ah yes, Moose! All amazing games. We could go on forever - Alien Rain, Sneakers, Snack Attack, Prince of Persia, Dung Beetles, Captain Goodnight, Choplifter, Airheart, Wavy Navy, Sabotage, and one of my favorites, Aquatron - which along with Dino Eggs had some gameplay features not found in the arcades - at least that I'm aware of. The Sirius games (Gorgon, Horizon V etc.) pretty much pioneered fast-action which was HARD to do on the ][ (thanks to Nasir Gebelli and his page-flipping feats).

Moose
Send PM

#346964 - 11/13/15 05:16 AM

> Ah yes, Moose! All amazing games. We could go on forever - Alien Rain, Sneakers,
> Snack Attack, Prince of Persia, Dung Beetles, Captain Goodnight, Choplifter,
> Airheart, Wavy Navy, Sabotage, and one of my favorites, Aquatron - which along with
> Dino Eggs had some gameplay features not found in the arcades - at least that I'm
> aware of. The Sirius games (Gorgon, Horizon V etc.) pretty much pioneered fast-action
> which was HARD to do on the ][ (thanks to Nasir Gebelli and his page-flipping feats).

Yes absolutely, they sure squeezed some amazing graphics and effects out of the hardware. I'm off to play some Dino Eggs and Aquatron !! And probably some of the others as well ....

Moose

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Send PM

Re: Dino Eggs: Rebirth! new [Re: Moose]
#346968 - 11/13/15 07:51 AM

> > Ah yes, Moose! All amazing games. We could go on forever - Alien Rain, Sneakers,
> > Snack Attack, Prince of Persia, Dung Beetles, Captain Goodnight, Choplifter,
> > Airheart, Wavy Navy, Sabotage, and one of my favorites, Aquatron - which along with
> > Dino Eggs had some gameplay features not found in the arcades - at least that I'm
> > aware of. The Sirius games (Gorgon, Horizon V etc.) pretty much pioneered
> fast-action
> > which was HARD to do on the ][ (thanks to Nasir Gebelli and his page-flipping
> feats).
>
> Yes absolutely, they sure squeezed some amazing graphics and effects out of the
> hardware. I'm off to play some Dino Eggs and Aquatron !! And probably some of the
> others as well ....

Nice! Careful going too fast entering the water... ;-)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1660