MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

PhasecoreX
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/05/15
Send PM

Atari 800 Ctrlr Problems
#345921 - 10/09/15 03:04 AM

I am currently writing a ctrlr config file that supports up to 4 XBox 360 controllers. I was able to set up UI navigation, arcade controls, and snes controls (as the defaults are messed up for the 4 buttons and 2 shoulders). What I can't get working is the Atari 800.

The ctrlr file loads up properly, and all of my UI controls are present. However, none of the <system name="a800"> inputs are loaded (except 1, more on that later). I have gone into the in-emulation config (pressing scroll lock to enable UI, then tab) and modified all of the machine inputs to my liking. Then, I opened the a800.cfg file and moved all of my new input mappings into my ctrlr file, making sure that the a800.cfg file is cleared out when done.

Loading up the Atari 800 after that will not load any of the newly created inputs. There is one key that is loaded, and it shows up in the tab machine config as a new key called "Unnamed Key", not where I assigned it.

Here are some excerpts from the generated config file. Top one is supposed to be the start button, the middle is supposed to be player 1 joystick right, the bottom is supposed to be player 1 button:

Code:

<port tag=":console" type="KEYBOARD" mask="1" defvalue="1">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_F1 OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON8
</newseq>
</port>
<port tag=":djoy_0_1" type="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" mask="8" defvalue="8">
<newseq type="standard">
JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_RIGHT_SWITCH
</newseq>
</port>
<port tag=":djoy_b" type="P1_BUTTON2" mask="16" defvalue="16">
<newseq type="standard">
JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2
</newseq>
</port>

The one that maps to "Unnamed key" is this one, which I originally was trying to map to the Atari's CONS.2 OPTION button:

Code:

<port tag=":console" type="KEYBOARD" mask="4" defvalue="4">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_F3 OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON10
</newseq>
</port>

Not sure what the tag, mask, or defvalue stand for, but MAME seems to not be writing these out correctly for the Atari 800, or perhaps not reading them correctly. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Edit
----------

I forgot to mention that leaving the MAME generated input bindings in the a800.cfg file, the bindings will work correctly. So, generating the inputs will work fine (when MAME reads them from the a800.cfg), until you move them (unchanged) into the ctrlr file. I have even tried having only the a800 system in the ctrlr file, and it still does not work. So, MAME is reading and writing to the cfg file properly, but not reading from the ctrlr file properly (at least with the Atari 800).

Edited by PhasecoreX (10/10/15 05:03 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1128