Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Finally done with Assassin's Creed: Revelations
#344795 - 09/06/15 10:29 AM

The Tower Defense mode that was so off-putting at the beginning of the game never came up again. Not once. It seemed you would need to play with deliberate recklessness to trigger it, taking a district, installing someone, not doing their missions, and then raising awareness of yourself for an extended period.

Guess I'll do AC3 at some point then, depending on price. Too many other games on the list though. Styx:MoS fills AC's hole for now, since it was on sale.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Finally done with Assassin's Creed: Revelations new [Re: TriggerFin]
#344826 - 09/07/15 03:29 AM

> The Tower Defense mode that was so off-putting at the beginning of the game never
> came up again. Not once. It seemed you would need to play with deliberate
> recklessness to trigger it, taking a district, installing someone, not doing their
> missions, and then raising awareness of yourself for an extended period.
>
> Guess I'll do AC3 at some point then, depending on price. Too many other games on the
> list though. Styx:MoS fills AC's hole for now, since it was on sale.

I liked the first one. I finished it but it got way too repetitive towards the end and started to feel like work. The second one I played for a while but I couldn't get into it, maybe it's time to give it another go.

The last game I really got into was Alien Isolation. It was so good that I wish I could forget it so I could enjoy it again.

S

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Finally done with Assassin's Creed: Revelations new [Re: Sune]
#344837 - 09/07/15 12:04 PM

> > The Tower Defense mode that was so off-putting at the beginning of the game never
> > came up again. Not once. It seemed you would need to play with deliberate
> > recklessness to trigger it, taking a district, installing someone, not doing their
> > missions, and then raising awareness of yourself for an extended period.
> >
> > Guess I'll do AC3 at some point then, depending on price. Too many other games on
> the
> > list though. Styx:MoS fills AC's hole for now, since it was on sale.
>
> I liked the first one. I finished it but it got way too repetitive towards the end
> and started to feel like work. The second one I played for a while but I couldn't get
> into it, maybe it's time to give it another go.
>
> The last game I really got into was Alien Isolation. It was so good that I wish I
> could forget it so I could enjoy it again.

AC2+ added maps to show where treasures were. AC:R's treasures were mostly supplies for the (new weapon type) that I rarely used.

I spent only 44 hours in 1, but 92 in 2, 82 in B and 56 in R. I recall not liking that in AC1, you would have stealth missions with stealth kills that always dropped you into the middle of a group of guards that you would need to escape. That was mostly changed in the later ones, with just a few in AC:R that forced such a condition.

There is a significant amount of non-story content I won't be touching in AC:R (I've uninstalled it already). A seemingly endless list of non-gameplay (I'm being vague due to your not having played) "missions" that give you more supplies, and some multiplayer stuff that for all I know is completely dead.

AC3 is going to wait, as game+DLC is still currently $50 on Steam, and the DLC seems to be what replaced the sequels, with much of it being real game content.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1055