Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Hack.
#344743 - 09/04/15 03:00 AM

http://www.websitemagazine.com/content/b...ource-code.aspx

"A new version of Hack, an open source typeface designed for use in source code, has been released and it should make reading code easier for designers and developers when in smaller sizes."

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Hack. new [Re: Andrew]
#344762 - 09/04/15 05:45 PM

> "A new version of Hack, an open source typeface designed for use in source code, has
> been released and it should make reading code easier for designers and developers
> when in smaller sizes."

And it's still a fucking ugly hack of DejaVu by someone with no sense of style. The large X-height sucks on wide displays where height is at a premium. There's too much leading. The zeroes are ridiculous. The underscores are almost invisible. Pretty much any modern monospace font is better to work with.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Yer too picky :-) new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#344764 - 09/04/15 06:18 PM Attachment: Clipboard01.png 181 KB (0 downloads)

> > "A new version of Hack, an open source typeface designed for use in source code,
> has
> > been released and it should make reading code easier for designers and developers
> > when in smaller sizes."
>
> And it's still a fucking ugly hack of DejaVu by someone with no sense of style. The
> large X-height sucks on wide displays where height is at a premium

Just rotate:

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Hack. new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#344768 - 09/04/15 10:31 PM

> > "A new version of Hack, an open source typeface designed for use in source code,
> has
> > been released and it should make reading code easier for designers and developers
> > when in smaller sizes."
>
> And it's still a fucking ugly hack of DejaVu by someone with no sense of style. The
> large X-height sucks on wide displays where height is at a premium. There's too much
> leading. The zeroes are ridiculous. The underscores are almost invisible. Pretty much
> any modern monospace font is better to work with.

I agree that the zero is fugly and the underscores suck big time. Leading is ok for me. But Source Code Pro is still my choice. Tried many, and from time to time I still try some more, and SCP wins them all.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Yer too picky :-) new [Re: TriggerFin]
#344771 - 09/05/15 03:10 AM

> Just rotate:

Notebook computer doesn't rotate, my 32" monitors don't rotate, and if you do rotate you get weird colour effects when you move from side to side on monitors with poor vertical viewing angles compared to their horizontal viewing angles.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Yer too picky :-) new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#344776 - 09/05/15 04:41 PM

> > Just rotate:
>
> Notebook computer doesn't rotate, my 32" monitors don't rotate, and if you do rotate
> you get weird colour effects when you move from side to side on monitors with poor
> vertical viewing angles compared to their horizontal viewing angles.

Have you tried turning your chair on its side?

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1948