MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Virginia shooting
#344407 - 08/26/15 10:40 PM

"Gay black man murders his former colleagues live on television then shares his first person shooter video of the murders on facebook and twitter before eventually killing himself" is about the craziest news story I've followed in real-time. Jesus.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

Re: Virginia shooting new [Re: Gor]
#344413 - 08/27/15 01:16 AM

Im glad he killed himself, save the taxpayers money. He would hav been every special interest group lawyers wet dream and they would have fought over who got to represent him. Gladly he cured that problem !!!!!

Only here to annoy...

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Yup. Election season keeps getting longer. (nt) new [Re: Gor]
#344415 - 08/27/15 02:37 AM

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Virginia shooting new [Re: Gor]
#344416 - 08/27/15 04:13 AM

> "Gay black man murders his former colleagues live on television then shares his first
> person shooter video of the murders on facebook and twitter before eventually killing
> himself" is about the craziest news story I've followed in real-time. Jesus.

More importantly, USA Network has pushed back the Mr. Robot finale because of this.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

They need make a new prison. new [Re: Gor]
#344417 - 08/27/15 04:49 AM

The kind that will scare the hell of these killers to shake them up with fears. Put the in with the nut peoples. Those nuts will reap them into parts. Save us on taxes. Be kind of like Super Jail.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: They need make a new prison. new [Re: Dullaron]
#344422 - 08/27/15 10:13 AM

> The kind that will scare the hell of these killers to shake them up with fears. Put
> the in with the nut peoples. Those nuts will reap them into parts. Save us on taxes.
> Be kind of like Super Jail.

It's been shown time and time again that harsh punishments do not act as a deterrent whatsoever. If the threat of the death penalty wouldn't stop the guy from doing it, then what on earth do you think would have?

Your idea is exactly the sort that I would expect a mentally handicapped person to come up with. The guy killed himself specifically so that he wouldn't go to prison, what the hell good do you think making an even more threatening prison would do? What do you plan to do, imprison his fucking corpse?

What the USA needs is a better system of mental health care that can treat and help people like this guy before they get to the point of snapping, but the conservatives have their god Reagan to thank for the systematic dismantling of the US's mental health care system back in the 1980's.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: They need make a new prison. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#344433 - 08/27/15 04:20 PM

> What the USA needs is a better system of mental health care that can treat and help
> people like this guy before they get to the point of snapping, but the conservatives
> have their god Reagan to thank for the systematic dismantling of the US's mental
> health care system back in the 1980's.

Unfortunately you're right. Mental health is like a political third rail; it may be a hazard but without it the train will never come.

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Re: They need make a new prison. new [Re: GatKong]
#344451 - 08/27/15 10:32 PM

> > What the USA needs is a better system of mental health care that can treat and help
> > people like this guy before they get to the point of snapping, but the
> conservatives
> > have their god Reagan to thank for the systematic dismantling of the US's mental
> > health care system back in the 1980's.
>
> Unfortunately you're right. Mental health is like a political third rail; it may be a
> hazard but without it the train will never come.

The problem is and just watch the democratez to prove my stand,
1- instead of mental health hilary and the rest of the dems will start telling us how bad guns are and how its all the guns fault. That should start immediately

2. Then the demz will start about how terrible society is if your black ( gotta play the race card to keep those votes!)

3. How terrible the life of a homosexual is in the country today because of peeps lack of compassion

Amd it will be in that order, with just a touch of mental health to brag about obamacare...

Which does nothing to help.

Wanna change things? Then talk about the mental health of this man, talk about how all doctors do anymore is priscribe drugs and if that dont work prescribe more, gotta pad their pockets with the kick backs from the drug companies.

Bur none of that will happen because the demz are after votes not fixes, so on to gun control, racism, homophobia... thats where their votes are....

Only here to annoy...

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: They need make a new prison. new [Re: Renegade]
#344466 - 08/28/15 01:19 AM

It's all damage control. Preventive means developing a society into something emotionally beneficial, and that will have to start with complete technological automation.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#344468 - 08/28/15 02:14 AM

> The problem is and just watch the democratez to prove my stand,
> 1- instead of mental health hilary and the rest of the dems will start telling us
> how bad guns are and how its all the guns fault. That should start immediately
>
> 2. Then the demz will start about how terrible society is if your black ( gotta play
> the race card to keep those votes!)
>
> 3. How terrible the life of a homosexual is in the country today because of peeps
> lack of compassion
>
> Amd it will be in that order, with just a touch of mental health to brag about
> obamacare...
>
> Which does nothing to help.
>
> Wanna change things? Then talk about the mental health of this man, talk about how
> all doctors do anymore is priscribe drugs and if that dont work prescribe more, gotta
> pad their pockets with the kick backs from the drug companies.
>
> Bur none of that will happen because the demz are after votes not fixes, so on to
> gun control, racism, homophobia... thats where their votes are....

And the Republicans will use any incident they can for grandstanding as well. That's the trouble with these two-party systems - they encourage pandering, vote-buying, grandstanding, etc. Proportional representation helps a little, but by no means fixes such problems.

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Re: They need make a new prison. new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#344473 - 08/28/15 03:50 AM

> > The problem is and just watch the democratez to prove my stand,
> > 1- instead of mental health hilary and the rest of the dems will start telling us
> > how bad guns are and how its all the guns fault. That should start immediately
> >
> > 2. Then the demz will start about how terrible society is if your black ( gotta
> play
> > the race card to keep those votes!)
> >
> > 3. How terrible the life of a homosexual is in the country today because of peeps
> > lack of compassion
> >
> > Amd it will be in that order, with just a touch of mental health to brag about
> > obamacare...
> >
> > Which does nothing to help.
> >
> > Wanna change things? Then talk about the mental health of this man, talk about how
> > all doctors do anymore is priscribe drugs and if that dont work prescribe more,
> gotta
> > pad their pockets with the kick backs from the drug companies.
> >
> > Bur none of that will happen because the demz are after votes not fixes, so on to
> > gun control, racism, homophobia... thats where their votes are....
>
> And the Republicans will use any incident they can for grandstanding as well. That's
> the trouble with these two-party systems - they encourage pandering, vote-buying,
> grandstanding, etc. Proportional representation helps a little, but by no means fixes
> such problems.

Oh i agree but when it comes to guns and playin the race card the dems have it down to a science.

I dont like bahner (sp?) at all but i have to give it to him. The last shooting like this he tried to focus on mental health in this country but no one wanted to hear it, it wasnt as spectacular as the "evil" gun.

Again it just pisses me off when the who and why are just passing thoughts and the gun is the focal point.

Only here to annoy...

Dullaron
Send PM

#344485 - 08/28/15 09:38 AM

> > The kind that will scare the hell of these killers to shake them up with fears. Put
> > the in with the nut peoples. Those nuts will reap them into parts. Save us on
> taxes.
> > Be kind of like Super Jail.
>
> It's been shown time and time again that harsh punishments do not act as a deterrent
> whatsoever. If the threat of the death penalty wouldn't stop the guy from doing it,
> then what on earth do you think would have?
>
> Your idea is exactly the sort that I would expect a mentally handicapped person to
> come up with. The guy killed himself specifically so that he wouldn't go to prison,
> what the hell good do you think making an even more threatening prison would do? What
> do you plan to do, imprison his fucking corpse?

Wasn't talking about this guy. Sorry. But yea your right.

> What the USA needs is a better system of mental health care that can treat and help
> people like this guy before they get to the point of snapping, but the conservatives
> have their god Reagan to thank for the systematic dismantling of the US's mental
> health care system back in the 1980's.

I see your point on this. People be willing to get help? That the problem.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#344486 - 08/28/15 10:19 AM

> I see your point on this. People be willing to get help? That the problem.

It is a problem, one with multiple causes. When people are willing to get help, they often can't get the help that they need. And when they do manage to get help, the stigma of having a mental illness follows them around for the rest of their lives, because people are largely ignorant about neurological disorders and mental illness.

People with schizophrenia are often put into a very precarious life situation due to the stigma attached to having a mental disorder. Schizophrenia is completely controllable through medication and therapy, but few businesses are willing to take what they perceive to be a risk - even if there isn't one - on someone who admits to having such a disorder. Thus these people are often relegated to menial jobs, putting them at risk of being unable to afford their medication, which in turn increases the risk of them going off-medication and having a relapse, which in turn reinforces peoples' suspicions of those with schizophrenia.

People with Tourette's syndrome are highly stigmatized in society. Their physical or verbal tics can take almost any form, from a teacher I once had who would click her teeth together, to a shoulder twitching, to making a soft noise every so often, to neck twitching, and so on. Yet all of the portrayals of Tourette's in the media make it seem like the only tic is constant swearing, even though coprolalia is an exceedingly rare symptom to have.

Don't even get me started on obsessive-compulsive disorder, as so many people love to joke about "Oh, I'm so OCD," when if you ask any person who has OCD, it's not a fun or pleasant thing to have at all.

So it's sort of a social catch-22 when it comes to mental disorders. Those who want help can't get it, those who get help are ostracized from society, and so people often avoid getting help for fear of it ruining their lives even more. Combine that with severe limitations on the state's ability to institutionalize people, and you wind up with an enormous social pressure cooker of people walking around just a hair trigger away from "going off". It's sad.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#344487 - 08/28/15 10:25 AM

> Oh i agree but when it comes to guns and playin the race card the dems have it down
> to a science.
>
> I dont like bahner (sp?) at all but i have to give it to him. The last shooting like
> this he tried to focus on mental health in this country but no one wanted to hear it,
> it wasnt as spectacular as the "evil" gun.
>
> Again it just pisses me off when the who and why are just passing thoughts and the
> gun is the focal point.

The conservatives have the alternative race card down to a science as well - the "those damn non-whites" card. Within hours of the shooting in Virginia, there was an article on Breitbart News claiming that the shooting was "racially motivated".

The democrats get votes by claiming that all bad things are because of racism. The republicans get votes by claiming that all bad things are because of other races.

Personally, if this election comes down to Trump vs. Clinton, I'm burning my fucking passport, because neither of them are even remotely qualified to run the country.

Hillary should be standing trial for letting classified information lay around on a personal e-mail server. Let's also not forget, since this is a forum about gaming, that Hillary was always at the forefront of the push to blame all violence on video games. She ate up Jack Thompson's shit with a shovel, for fuck's sake.

Trump, on the other hand, generally appears to conduct himself online much in the same fashion I do - in a childish, petty, and thoroughly unprofessional manner. The only difference is I'm self-aware enough to recognize that I sure as fuck shouldn't ever be POTUS. The problem is, Trump is leading in the polls precisely because although the GOP doesn't want to admit it, he appeals directly to the Joe Sixpack Conservative voter in the way he conducts himself.

The idea of it coming down to Trump vs. Clinton is fucking terrifying.

Dullaron
Send PM

#344489 - 08/28/15 11:56 AM

> The idea of it coming down to Trump vs. Clinton is fucking terrifying.

Let you know. I'm not voting ether one of them.

Trump doesn't like anyone that isn't white. Also he an asshole. People need to stop voting for him. He'll be screwing up US any farther than it is now.

You are right about Hillary. If they find her emails trace to Iran or somewhere else then she will be put into prison and lose all her votes automatic. Is she still married to Bill? I'd be looking over my shoulders if I were him.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#344512 - 08/29/15 03:00 AM

> Personally, if this election comes down to Trump vs. Clinton, I'm burning my fucking
> passport, because neither of them are even remotely qualified to run the country.

It scares me that Clinton has such a good chance of winning, she's horribly corrupt and self-serving. But on the other side, Fiorina scares me even more than Trump. She ran HP into the ground, and then blamed all the criticism she received for it on sexism.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#344533 - 08/29/15 08:24 PM

> > The idea of it coming down to Trump vs. Clinton is fucking terrifying.
>
> Let you know. I'm not voting ether one of them.
>
> Trump doesn't like anyone that isn't white. Also he an asshole. People need to stop
> voting for him. He'll be screwing up US any farther than it is now.
>
> You are right about Hillary. If they find her emails trace to Iran or somewhere else
> then she will be put into prison and lose all her votes automatic. Is she still
> married to Bill? I'd be looking over my shoulders if I were him.

Nobody will touch Hillary. She has enough dirt on other people to ensure she'll get away scot-free.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1926