View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Fun Spot gone downhill
#343835 - 08/11/15 02:56 AM Attachment: 0809151645-01.jpg 204 KB (1 downloads)

Made the annual trek to Fun Spot in NH yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Sadly, many of the arcade cabs were either turned off or not working or had issues. Only half of the pinball machines were on and playable.

I don't know if they have new management or what but they're definitely not putting anything into the upkeep of the machines. The redemption games were doing a brisk business though, maybe that's where the money is.

On the bright side, I did manage the high score on Centipede.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Fun Spot gone downhill new [Re: Andrew]
#343838 - 08/11/15 03:30 AM

> Made the annual trek to Fun Spot in NH yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Sadly,
> many of the arcade cabs were either turned off or not working or had issues. Only
> half of the pinball machines were on and playable.
>
> I don't know if they have new management or what but they're definitely not putting
> anything into the upkeep of the machines. The redemption games were doing a brisk
> business though, maybe that's where the money is.
>
> On the bright side, I did manage the high score on Centipede.

Nice. I miss playing the machine.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Comboman
Can't think of a good title
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Halifax, Canada
Send PM

#343840 - 08/11/15 03:44 AM Attachment: P7310268.JPG 5501 KB (0 downloads)

I was there Wednesday last week for the first time. While it was still a thrill to be there, I'd have to agree with you. I was looking forward to playing Computer Space and Hercules, both of which were out-of-order. Most of the old Atari vector games were turned off or missing entirely. Many of the games that were running had dim, washed out screens. If the world's largest arcade has this much trouble keeping things running, then I'm afraid MAME really is the only hope for preserving these machines. I did however get high score on Space Zap.

BTW, have you been to Pinball Wizard in Pelham NH? Not as many video games as Funspot, but more pinballs (I got to play Hercules after all) and at least the stuff they have is mostly working.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Fun Spot gone downhill new [Re: Comboman]
#343841 - 08/11/15 04:17 AM

> BTW, have you been to Pinball Wizard in Pelham NH

Yes been there a few times now, hope to get there again sometime later this month. I don't like how they've updated some of the pins to the LED lighting, but that's just me. Otherwise it's a good take.

p.s. one of the Ms. Pac-Man cabs has one of the designer's autograph on the marquee.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#344042 - 08/15/15 06:26 AM

Bummer. I was just last week thinking about how I wanted to make an arcade trip round the country several years ago, and remembered someone said back then that Funspot didn't have all the machines on during the week. Prescience again.

Pinball-wise I love love love the LED upgrade. Colors are off the chart smooth and rich. And the're better for the playfield an all.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

Re: Fun Spot gone downhill new [Re: Traso]
#344060 - 08/15/15 06:45 PM

I believe this is the best arcade in the world and nice and close to me.

http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2910