MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Elaphe
MAME
Reged: 07/06/05
Send PM

Any idea why CAVE games do not respond to direct input?
#342995 - 07/27/15 10:20 AM

I'm using an AutoHotkey script for sending the "5" keystroke to MAME with one of the buttons on my arcade control panel. This script plays a coin drop sound and adds a delay to the key press. It works great with all the games I've tried. I had to modify input.c with "#define FORCE_DIRECTINPUT 1" before compiling. However, CAVE shoot'em ups don't get the keystroke. I also happened with older MAME builds, not only with 0.162, which is the one I have now. Any idea?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Any idea why CAVE games do not respond to direct input? new [Re: Elaphe]
#343003 - 07/27/15 04:37 PM

> I'm using an AutoHotkey script for sending the "5" keystroke to MAME with one of the
> buttons on my arcade control panel. This script plays a coin drop sound and adds a
> delay to the key press. It works great with all the games I've tried. I had to modify
> input.c with "#define FORCE_DIRECTINPUT 1" before compiling. However, CAVE shoot'em
> ups don't get the keystroke. I also happened with older MAME builds, not only with
> 0.162, which is the one I have now. Any idea?

It sounds like you're trying to implement external coinage in order to illegally use MAME in a for-profit situation. We do not assist people with such things.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Italy
Send PM

Re: Any idea why CAVE games do not respond to direct input? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#343005 - 07/27/15 04:42 PM

And in any case I believe that FORCE_DIRECTINPUT flag doesn't work anymore now that MAME is DIRECTINPUT 8 for Windows by default....

Elaphe
MAME
Reged: 07/06/05
Send PM

Re: Any idea why CAVE games do not respond to direct input? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#343006 - 07/27/15 04:52 PM

I think you are pressuming too much. The coindrop script has been used for years by many users just as an addon that is realistic and funny (press the "insert coin" button on your control panel, a sound of coin dropping is played and then the credit is registered in MAME). It has nothing to do with profit, external mechanisms nor anything illegal.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Any idea why CAVE games do not respond to direct input? new [Re: Mamesick]
#343039 - 07/28/15 03:31 AM

> And in any case I believe that FORCE_DIRECTINPUT flag doesn't work anymore now that
> MAME is DIRECTINPUT 8 for Windows by default....

FORCE_DIRECTINPUT prevents MAME from using RawInput i.e. forcing it to use DirectInput even for RawInput-capable devices.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1911