Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

lol i'm in the wrong business
#339802 - 05/09/15 05:52 AM

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: lol i'm in the wrong business new [Re: Andrew]
#339803 - 05/09/15 06:27 AM Attachment: ocularKY.gif 1971 KB (1 downloads)

I love that dudes response, "It's not rea... oh!"

Like, what follows that oh? You can't really acknowledge what she just said on air.

I almost think she planned that. She's too collected about it.

By the way... I'm digging my San Francisco font. I'm just typing this response, and thinking, yeah... that looks good.

I just replaced my 'puters system font with San Francisco, i.e. the font used for the iphone watch. Smart move.

It's nice. Very readable. Unlike most fonts which weren't designed for monitor resolutions (they are for print), San Francisco was designed specifically for a monitor, and to be readable even at a very tiny size. Very pleasing to the eyes... it's almost like ocular ky jelly.

This attachment will simulate the ocular experience I'm enjoying with this font.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: lol i'm in the wrong business new [Re: Andrew]
#339816 - 05/09/15 09:31 AM

https://instagram.com/p/2ZaVO7AGMO/

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

off-side offtopic full of boobs and sweet, dude new [Re: GatKong]
#339831 - 05/09/15 05:01 PM

> It's nice. Very readable. Unlike most fonts which weren't designed for monitor
> resolutions (they are for print), San Francisco was designed specifically for a
> monitor, and to be readable even at a very tiny size. Very pleasing to the eyes...
> it's almost like ocular ky jelly.

Not to burst your bubble, but there's nothing new or particularly nice about San Francisco. Verdana was available almost 10 years ago, and one of the very very few new nice things in Vista was Segoe UI. Nowadays I'd prefer Roboto (enhancement from Droid), Fira Sans (showcashed in the Firefox OS), Ubuntu (the Ubuntu font, not the distribution itself) and countless others like Open Sans, Source Pro (and that's monospace), Lucida Grande (which Apple seems to be always trying to surpass with little success, including San Francisco) and all of them where designed for pixel and subpixel rendering and 90% of them for extremely small sizes.

And talking about that, at extremely small sizes, most of these fonts look pretty much the same (there's just so much you can do with a little bunch of pixels), so then the differences only show at medium sizes and/or high resolutions, and there San Francisco doesn't really stand out. The only thing I like about it is that, unlike some of the fonts I've mentioned, the numbers are monospaced. But that number 1 looks awful.

Try Segoe UI for 30 minutes. Best thing Microsoft has done since stealing DOS from someone.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: off-side offtopic full of boobs and sweet, dude new [Re: Pi]
#339845 - 05/10/15 12:32 AM

> Try Segoe UI for 30 minutes.

Yes, sure is a great font at small sizes. Perfectly even at 2 points, and still readable at 1 pt.

>Best thing Microsoft has done since stealing DOS from
> someone
purchasing DOS from someone who stole it.

FTFY.

Moose

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: off-side offtopic full of boobs and sweet, dude new [Re: Moose]
#339849 - 05/10/15 03:23 AM

> > Try Segoe UI for 30 minutes.
>
> Yes, sure is a great font at small sizes. Perfectly even at 2 points, and still
> readable at 1 pt.
>
> > Best thing Microsoft has done since stealing DOS from
> > someone purchasing DOS from someone who stole it.
>
> FTFY.

I didn't intend to say it literally. My first PC came with Seattle DOS 3.1. But I don't think DOS copied CP/M. Not anymore than Apple's or Amiga's first GUIs copied stuff that existed in the 60's and the 70's.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 322 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2430