MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

cwilson78154
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/01/15
Send PM

New arcade cabinet is cool but it has a few problems that I don't know how to fix
#339475 - 05/01/15 07:44 PM

A good friend gave me a Maximus Arcade cabinet with thousands of games in it. Some don't work within each "front end" and none of the Nintendo games work. The Nintendo games just go to black screen. With other games such as game boy or any of the other front ends, they mostly work but some won't and some of them appear to be working but the keys and buttons need to be updated.

I am clueless as to where to start. The cabinet was a present to my kids and I'd like to get it working better for them.

Any wisdom or help would be great!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: New arcade cabinet is cool but it has a few problems that I don't know how to fix new [Re: cwilson78154]
#339486 - 05/02/15 02:28 AM

There really isn't enough info there for you to get help. Nobody knows what programs you are using, their version or if you have audited your roms according to the version. If you are talking mame then I'd suggest getting the version that just came out and update your roms with clrmame and pleasuredome tracker. There is a lot to learn when you first get into emulators. I'm not sure why your friend gave you that in a non-working state but anyway, even if you update as best as possible, tons of games in mame and mess aren't working right.

cwilson78154
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: New arcade cabinet is cool but it has a few problems that I don't know how to fix new [Re: Smitdogg]
#339488 - 05/02/15 03:33 AM

Maybe he didn't want to learn how to fix it himself! Har. I'm willing to learn enough to fix it but I understand that is a pain for you smarter folks.

When you say program, do you mean win xp? Nestopia?

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

Re: New arcade cabinet is cool but it has a few problems that I don't know how to fix new [Re: cwilson78154]
#339490 - 05/02/15 04:38 AM

> When you say program, do you mean win xp? Nestopia?

'Programs' in this context refers to the emulators themselves - MAME, Nestopia, anything else that's designed to load and run the ROMs for the platform(s) you're interested in.

Also, does this cabinet have a CRT or LCD monitor? This may (or may not) have some bearing on what you're having happen with respect to the black screen issues.

Finally, since it's running Maximus Arcade for the front end, do you have the unlock code for that particular installation? I bring this up because in the case of having to completely reinstall the machine you'll want that (and it would just be generally good to have).

cwilson78154
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: New arcade cabinet is cool but it has a few problems that I don't know how to fix new [Re: casm]
#339565 - 05/03/15 04:49 PM

It's an LCD monitor. No unlock code.

Learning curve is huge here. I am making some progress though. I think the Nestopia emulator is corrupted. I have downloaded another Nestopia and 1 game and can run both from a jump drive in the arcade cabinet computer. So I am thinking I need to remove and reinstall Nestopia.

I see a place in preferences where it runs a scan. I run it but it doesn't change or fix anything that I have seen. Anybody willing to chime in? I'll buy you a beer if you're ever in San Antonio!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#339569 - 05/03/15 06:01 PM

There's not much that can be said based on what you have posted. You are probably on the right track with reinstalling Nestopia. The scan is probably a rom scan? Yeah it's not going to be able to fix anything, you could go grab the latest NES set from pleasuredome/uTorrent but I can't imagine your roms are bad unless the whole hard drive got corrupted.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1622