MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Comboman
Can't think of a good title
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Halifax, Canada
Send PM

Gun Fight Bezel
#338922 - 04/15/15 02:16 AM Attachment: gunfight.jpg 113 KB (7 downloads)

The Gun Fight bezel does not have the Midway logo. Is this an alternate version or was it missed during the vectorization?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Gun Fight Bezel new [Re: Comboman]
#338933 - 04/15/15 08:42 AM

> The Gun Fight bezel does not have the Midway logo. Is this an alternate version or
> was it missed during the vectorization?

Weird... nine years later, and we never noticed that?

On my next visit to the warehouse (hopefully this year), I'm sure he still has it there; I'll try and pull it out and check.

I can't find the original scan (I lost some very early stuff some time ago... but nothing that wasn't already "completed," which it looks like this wasn't).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Comboman
Send PM

Re: Gun Fight Bezel new [Re: Mr. Do]
#338947 - 04/15/15 10:38 PM

> I can't find the original scan (I lost some very early stuff some time ago... but
> nothing that wasn't already "completed," which it looks like this wasn't).

Any chance the raw vector file is still around? Maybe the logo was vectorized but that layer got turned off when it was exported to PNG?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#338967 - 04/16/15 03:04 PM

> > I can't find the original scan (I lost some very early stuff some time ago... but
> > nothing that wasn't already "completed," which it looks like this wasn't).
>
> Any chance the raw vector file is still around? Maybe the logo was vectorized but
> that layer got turned off when it was exported to PNG?

I checked that already... not there.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#338986 - 04/16/15 11:29 PM

I have the AI file. It won't let me attach a file with an AI extension. Can you PM me an Gmail address or something?

Actually it's available here......

http://vectorlib.free.fr/GunFight/

Edited by Antny (04/16/15 11:36 PM)

Comboman
Send PM

Gun Fight Bezel (fixed) new [Re: Comboman]
#348352 - 12/22/15 08:26 PM Attachment: ss.jpg 164 KB (0 downloads)

I thought this would be a quick fix, but the more research I did, the more things I found. I made the following fixes to the Gun Fight artwork:

- Added the missing "Midway's" logo.
- Added missing spurs on the right cowboy.
- Color fixes (scanned bezel must have been badly faded). Some yellow areas were colored tan. All dark brown areas were colored black or light brown which obscured some details like the bullet and screen border in the top right area.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by Comboman (12/22/15 08:26 PM)

Comboman
Send PM

Re: Gun Fight Bezel (fixed) new [Re: Comboman]
#348353 - 12/22/15 08:29 PM Attachment: gunfight.zip 1125 KB (42 downloads)

Here's the zip.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#348354 - 12/22/15 09:13 PM

>I thought this would be a quick fix, but the more research I did, the more things I
>found. I made the following fixes to the Gun Fight artwork:

Good update with Gun Fight artwork.

Maybe it is Boot Hill that I am trying to recall that has the gameplay status text printed on some dark blue colored interior cardboard piece iirc. The piece is mounted in interior of the cab and is small and barely readable when standing away from an upright Boot Hill cab, but the piece with the printed text is visible when standing in front of the upright Boot Hill cab. Mr. Do may still have that cardboard piece or maybe he used to have it.

If that part of the Boot Hill artwork is complete, nevermind. I do know that there are interior side artwork pieces used with Boot Hill and those could use a better update imo. There were some pieces that would come up for sale every now and then, but I skipped getting them because of being unsure if really needed or not.

While on topic of Midway 8080 hardware arcade games, I was reading through the Phantom II parts catalog and had noticed that the transparent monitor overlay portion of the bezel piece is colored blue as described in Phantom II parts catalog. I may have seen Phantom II in some places, but never played the game and did not see what it exactly looks like when standing close to the cab. I am not sure if the blue color was manufactured into the process when overlay pieces were made or if it was a separate sheet that was taped on to the backside of the overlay piece like it is with Ramtek Clean Sweep bezel pieces.

I picked up Phantom II logic schematics mainly for discrete audio even though it is also printed inside the parts catalog. The schematics that is printed inside the Phantom II parts catalog is microscopic and barely readable.

Comboman
Send PM

Re: Gun Fight Bezel (fixed) new [Re: gregf]
#348358 - 12/23/15 12:47 AM

> While on topic of Midway 8080 hardware arcade games, I was reading through the
> Phantom II parts catalog and had noticed that the transparent monitor overlay portion
> of the bezel piece is colored blue as described in Phantom II parts catalog. I may
> have seen Phantom II in some places, but never played the game and did not see what
> it exactly looks like when standing close to the cab. I am not sure if the blue color
> was manufactured into the process when overlay pieces were made or if it was a
> separate sheet that was taped on to the backside of the overlay piece like it is with
> Ramtek Clean Sweep bezel pieces.

I've never seen one, but from the flyer photo it seems to have a blue tint. Also it looks like there's some text printed on the bezel above the time/scores. Wish I had a more detailed photo, but doing an image search on "midway phantom ii" returns mostly pictures of actual F-4 fighter planes.

styce
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/23/13
Send PM

#348432 - 12/27/15 12:40 AM

once again, it's an amazing job

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Phantom II new [Re: Comboman]
#348495 - 12/28/15 08:05 PM

>> While on topic of Midway 8080 hardware arcade games, I was reading through the
>>Phantom II parts catalog and had noticed that the transparent monitor overlay portion
>>of the bezel piece is colored blue as described in Phantom II parts catalog. I may
>>have seen Phantom II in some places, but never played the game and did not see what
>>it exactly looks like when standing close to the cab. I am not sure if the blue color
>>was manufactured into the process when overlay pieces were made or if it was a
>>separate sheet that was taped on to the backside of the overlay piece like it is with
>>Ramtek Clean Sweep bezel pieces.

>I've never seen one, but from the flyer photo it seems to have a blue tint. Also it
>looks like there's some text printed on the bezel above the time/scores.

It wouldn't surprise me of the Phantom II bezel having printed text on it in order to help provide game status to a player. It is same thing with Midway Wheels bezel piece where text is printed on bezel. A reason why some bezel pieces need to be found if possible.

I bought Phantom II paperwork (mainly for discrete audio info) and it also came with the card instruction piece. I am not sure where on the cab it would be placed (likely along bezel) unless having a decent photo of the front side of the cab.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3995