View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Anybody in here vape?
#338770 - 04/09/15 10:06 AM

Bumped into an old friend at a bar and he was using an Aspire Atlantis tank. That freakin' thing is AMAZING! Although the 2.0 version of said tank should be out in a week or so...

Anyway, I always vape even on planes, but I'd never use that tank in the restroom. I guarantee it will set off the fire alarm. It's a freakin' cloud chaser in a clearomizer!

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

I misread the title, thought it was a topic made by Smit [nt] new [Re: URherenow]
#338772 - 04/09/15 11:19 AM

j/k

LEVEL-4

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: URherenow]
#338775 - 04/09/15 12:38 PM

> Bumped into an old friend at a bar and he was using an Aspire Atlantis tank. That
> freakin' thing is AMAZING! Although the 2.0 version of said tank should be out in a
> week or so...
>
> Anyway, I always vape even on planes, but I'd never use that tank in the restroom. I
> guarantee it will set off the fire alarm. It's a freakin' cloud chaser in a
> clearomizer!

I forget the exact place where he got it from, but a good friend of mine uses one rather than smoke cigarettes, and it's an amazing bit of tech. The damn thing is so solidly-built that if you dropped it you'd be more worried about damage to the floor than damage to the vaporizer itself. It's so heavy you could probably kill a man with it.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#338778 - 04/09/15 02:53 PM

I use them sometimes with weed. I don't know how you'd get one on a plane or why you'd subject people around you to it. There are vape stores popping up like crazy here in Portland. I have some that are walking distance. They are pretty nice devises. Back 20 years ago before this tech existed they used to have vaporizers that were the size of a globe. There was a heater unit in the middle bottom and a glass globe on top and you would wait for the weed to vaporize and then suck it out of the globe through a bendy plastic straw sort of like a hookah. Over time the vapor would make honey oil on the glass and you could scrape it off and smoke it and get high as a mountain.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#338783 - 04/09/15 05:05 PM

Perhaps an iTaste SVD? That's what I have now, with an iClear 30 tank. I've pre-ordered an IPV 4 for a power unit and an Aspire Atlantis tank to go with it. Can hardly wait 'til it's in my hands!

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#338785 - 04/09/15 05:09 PM

> I use them sometimes with weed. I don't know how you'd get one on a plane or why
> you'd subject people around you to it.

The thing is, if nobody actually sees the mist, nobody notices it. It doesn't have a strong (or lingering) smell, and since it's mostly water vapor, it doesn't irritate anybody's throat or lungs. My mother is actually kind of allergic to cigarette smoke, but the first time I was home for a visit with one, I was using it in the car while she was driving. She didn't even notice until I showed her and talked about it. She was actually pleased with it and happy that I made the switch.

Edit: they aren't illegal, so there's no trick to getting one on a plane. I just obey the liquid rules since I use a tank, and put the tank in a clear ziplock when going through screening. The FAA actually refuses to make it illegal to use on a plane and leaves it to the airlines to decide (of course pretty much all airlines forbid it... but the attendants are FALSE to say that it's illegal).

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#338786 - 04/09/15 05:19 PM

The only ones I've been around are the flavored kinda and they definitely stunk and contained nic. If someone smoked one next to me on a plane I would be like wtf. You can't even smoke them in bars here. As for airlines, it's just that I don't see how they'd know if it was nic liquid in it or thc.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#338789 - 04/10/15 12:35 AM

> The only ones I've been around are the flavored kinda and they definitely stunk and
> contained nic. If someone smoked one next to me on a plane I would be like wtf. You
> can't even smoke them in bars here. As for airlines, it's just that I don't see how
> they'd know if it was nic liquid in it or thc.

I'm pretty sure they're illegal on flights in Aus and parts of Asia. JAL definitely has a rule against them, too. There was a guy at Eclipse who vaped for a while, and when he did it in the office people complained. You you could definitely smell the propylene glycol from the solution he was using, and it irritated some people's throats. Same with people vaping on the train - less unpleasant than smoke, but still unpleasant.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#338790 - 04/10/15 12:54 AM

They have a rule about using them on the plane, not actually carrying them onto a plane.

I guess it's a matter of your mix. I don't mix my own and never get more than 50% PG. Usually more on the VG side. I get my stuff made in America from http://www.mtbakervapor.com/ . I can be sure there are no extra chemicals in it this way. Most stuff out of China can't be trusted...

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

#338797 - 04/10/15 04:39 AM

Volcano is a good one.

http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/s...Ot3EaAicV8P8HAQ

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#338815 - 04/11/15 02:19 AM

We have vape stores popping up all over the place where I live.

Can someone please explain to me why the stores always have to look shitty on the outside with trashy neon and/or strings of LED lights around the windows? It's like a fucking pawn shop, but worse.

Frankly, I hope they make vaping illegal just to make the stores go away because they're fucking eyesores.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: krick]
#338816 - 04/11/15 03:03 AM

They aren't really out I place here where people brag about keeping things weird but anyway I don't think I've seen any with ugly led etc lights.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: krick]
#338819 - 04/11/15 04:46 AM

> We have vape stores popping up all over the place where I live.
>
> Can someone please explain to me why the stores always have to look shitty on the
> outside with trashy neon and/or strings of LED lights around the windows? It's like a
> fucking pawn shop, but worse.
>
> Frankly, I hope they make vaping illegal just to make the stores go away because
> they're fucking eyesores.

They're the same shops that were, and likely still are, selling all the other paraphernalia. Even if they're in new locations. If they don't look like that, people won't know where to go to get the things that aren't on display.

But I'm just making shit up, I don't know thing one about finding illicit products. I barely know where to find alcohol (The nearest store has likely closed), and I try to stay away from places selling even "sealed" boxes of normal cigarettes if I can help it.

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

#339033 - 04/17/15 08:20 PM

Yep.....

I discussed ecigs with Twisty years ago...when they were not available here.....

Been vaping for coming upto 4 years now...Not had a real cig in that time.....

Kin murder when I first gave up the real cigs.....Acid reflux supreme....Pains in chest...Fawt I was on the way out.....(Mrs had her fingers crossed)....But tuff shit I'm still around...

Apparently smoking burns some small hairs or shit off ya lungs....Stop smoking and they grow back...But give you grief whilst they do....Sthg like that anyway...

Saved a fucking fortune.......Must be nearly 10 grand now.....

Shops are popping up everywhere here too.....

And yep... most of em look like real crap from the outside....and inside really....

Using a variable voltage tank at the moment.....Blackcurrant liquid.....Luv it...

This is what happens when cabby no fitty through door...
http://orc.mameworld.info

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: Orc]
#339250 - 04/24/15 07:45 AM

Fuckin Orc. Just today I was shooting pool, and was fucking up and amidst my various vernacular 'kin 'ell!' came to mind, and I wondered what Orcy was up ta an all.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#339251 - 04/24/15 07:59 AM

Most mobile vapes get too hot and burn the product. Only the Magic Flight dessicates it so that you get only vapor. Even then, there's sort of a technique to it.... The Eclipse is pretty good for concentrates; but requires flame, and you [cannot] use one of those blow-torch wind-proof lighters, cos they get so hot the tubes crack.

Nod to joey's mention, I've heard Volcano is the way to go. Probly can get a Volcano for half that price on ebay, though, fuck.

As for nic vapes, I can smell the nicotine. Strangely I haven't been much affected by second-hand, no buzz or anything, nor physically.

> I use them sometimes with weed. I don't know how you'd get one on a plane or why you'd subject people around you to it. There are vape stores popping up like crazy here in Portland. I have some that are walking distance. They are pretty nice devises. Back 20 years ago before this tech existed they used to have vaporizers that were the size of a globe. There was a heater unit in the middle bottom and a glass globe on top and you would wait for the weed to vaporize and then suck it out of the globe through a bendy plastic straw sort of like a hookah. Over time the vapor would make honey oil on the glass and you could scrape it off and smoke it and get high as a mountain.

Nancy_Miller
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/26/16
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: Traso]
#359941 - 10/26/16 09:43 AM

> They are pretty nice
> devises. Back 20 years ago before this tech existed they used to have vaporizers that
> were the size of a globe. There was a heater unit in the middle bottom and a glass
> globe on top and you would wait for the weed to vaporize and then suck it out of the
> globe through a bendy plastic straw sort of like a hookah. Over time the vapor would
> make honey oil on the glass and you could scrape it off and smoke it and get high as
> a mountain.

Dating back to very old times indeed, nowadays wax pens/herb vaporisers http://gypsyvapes.com/best-vape-pen-for-wax have basically the same size and portability as eliquid vapor devices. You don’t need to vape out of a huge globe to fly high as a mountain

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

#359942 - 10/26/16 11:37 AM

They recently banned smoking in and around public transport stops and stations here in Queensland and the ban includes e-cigarettes.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Get popcorn lung [nt] new [Re: Nancy_Miller]
#359947 - 10/26/16 04:03 PM

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

With some nico-liquids, not dope....you dope. (nt) new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#360020 - 10/28/16 02:51 AM

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Tha hammah come dowwwn..... (nt) new [Re: jonwil]
#360021 - 10/28/16 02:53 AM

> They recently banned smoking in and around public transport stops and stations here in Queensland and the ban includes e-cigarettes.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: Nancy_Miller]
#360032 - 10/28/16 05:46 AM

> nowadays wax pens/herb vaporisers http://gypsyvapes.com/best-vape-pen-for-wax have basically the same size and portability as eliquid vapor devices.

They have for a while. I started with a vape pen, and it burned the weed, unevenly. Charge doesn't last long, either. I haven't used it for wax because I don't want to waste wax.

These two look interesting:

http://gypsyvapes.com/best-vape-pen-for-wax/GypsyVapes-Gypser-Wax-Herbal-Vaporizer

http://gypsyvapes.com/best-vape-pen-for-wax/EGO-TWIST-ELITE-STARTER-KIT-1300-MAH

What models have you experience with?

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

You're the one trying to have a discussion with a necro-bumping spammer, and I'm the "dope"? [nt] new [Re: Traso]
#360040 - 10/28/16 07:38 AM

Edit: because I thought insulting flyby night ad linking users was a thing. Thus; "(they should) Get popcorn lung".

Edited by Tomu Breidah (10/28/16 10:11 AM)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: You're the one trying to have a discussion with a necro-bumping spammer, and I'm the "dope"? [nt] new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#360110 - 10/30/16 10:29 PM

I'm not on a dope forum, so I thought I'd ask..... Looks like good kit, and possibly just what I need, in the low-cost, small category.

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

Re: Anybody in here vape? new [Re: Orc]
#360156 - 11/02/16 01:02 AM

Still going strong.....

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 290 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3293