Loc: Altamont, NY
Send PM

Flyer Fever Update
#337676 - 03/13/15 06:48 AM

New flyers
Space Race - Atari (1973) [japanese]
Genma Tarot - Data East (1983) [laserdisc]
Dancing Queen - Denki Onkyo (1980)
Neo Poseidon Kaimetsu Sakusen - Denki Onkyo (1980)
WW III - Irem (1981) [aka Red Alert]
SF-Hisplitter - Nintendo (1979)
Warlords/Video Hustler - Sega (1980/1981) [Atari/Konami licenses]
Taito Video Game Catalog (1973-1976) [too many titles to list]
Scratch! - Universal (1977)
UFO Table Block - World Vending (1978)
http://www.flyerfever.com/tagged/march-2015-update

Upgrade flyers
10 Pin Champ - Bally/Midway (1985) [shuffle alley]
Ah Eikou no Koshien - Taito (1991)
Boong-Ga Boong-Ga - Taff System (2001)
http://www.flyerfever.com/tagged/march-2015-update-2

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update new [Re: Dan@Flyer Fever]
#337678 - 03/13/15 07:43 AM

Thank You

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update *edit* new [Re: Dan@Flyer Fever]
#337683 - 03/13/15 02:19 PM

>New flyers

Congrats on being able to get these flyers since this does give better insight of what cabs were released in Japan and maybe some of the Asian region markets back then.

>Space Race - Atari (1973) [japanese] Interesting Space Race cab design.

And at least some of these flyers will help verify existence of other clone versions of alternate cab designs in which gameplay or settings might be slightly different compared to upright cabs....such as the Sega licensed standaround tables of Warlords and Video Hustler.

-
Genma Tarot - Data East (1983) [laserdisc]
Dancing Queen - Denki Onkyo (1980)
Neo Poseidon Kaimetsu Sakusen - Denki Onkyo (1980)
WW III - Irem (1981) [aka Red Alert]
SF-Hisplitter - Nintendo (1979)
Warlords/Video Hustler - Sega (1980/1981) [Atari/Konami licenses]
UFO Table Block - World Vending (1978)
-

>Scratch! - Universal (1977)

Good to see you were finally able to get a flyer of this game. This game was the one that was mentioned years earlier after a Universal products catalog was posted online showing an arcade entrance that had the upright cab of Scratch just inside the entrance.

>Taito Video Game Catalog (1973-1976) [too many titles to list]

And this Taito catalog really hits the spot since it basically completes the first generation of video games that Taito was marketing within Japan. Most already known, but this catalog helps complete the early to mid 1970s Taito list imo.

Edited by gregf (03/14/15 07:14 PM)

Dan@Flyer Fever
Early video game flyer collector
Reged: 12/16/03
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update new [Re: gregf]
#337684 - 03/13/15 03:17 PM

> > Scratch! - Universal (1977)
>
> Good to see you were finally able to get a flyer of this game. This game was the one
> that was mentioned years earlier after a Universal products catalog was posted online
> showing an arcade entrance that had the upright cab of Scratch just inside the
> entrance.

Greg - agreed! I was really glad to have found this flyer after so many years finding that Universal company catalog.

> > Taito Video Game Catalog (1973-1976) [too many titles to list]
>
> And this Taito catalog really hits the spot since it basically completes the first
> generation of video games that Taito was marketing within Japan. Most already known,
> but this catalog helps complete the early to mid 1970s Taito list imo.

This is the 5th Taito catalog I obtained. I lost out to a different one last year; hopefully I can find it again. You can easily find all the catalogs here.
http://www.flyerfever.com/tagged/video-games-catalog

slqq
Reged: 07/19/14
Send PM

#337686 - 03/13/15 04:17 PM

That's awesome, I love these. It's great people care about archiving this stuff

Rich75
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/30/12
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update new [Re: slqq]
#337691 - 03/13/15 09:01 PM

Is there any way of improving the search feature? I'm possibly just stupid but it doesn't seem to work very well and is bordering on the pedantic in terms of how exact you need to be - e.g. search for "star" brings up zero results but "star wars" works fine. It's not always obvious if a particular flyer is in the archive if you don't use the exact same name.

I like the site but I'm just being honest here in saying that I think it'd be better if it was easier to navigate with something like an option to view flyers in alphabetical order. I don't know how do-able that is? Anyway, I'm not trying to criticise, just trying to offer constructive feedback as someone who visits the site.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#337692 - 03/13/15 09:30 PM

Awesome!

> New flyers
> Genma Tarot - Data East (1983) [laserdisc]

Been looking for evidence of that one for a few years, great to finally find some!

- Stiletto

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update new [Re: Rich75]
#337695 - 03/14/15 02:12 AM

It's a tumblr blog and hence suffers from all tumblr limitations. It just sucks that way.

Comboman
Can't think of a good title
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Halifax, Canada
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update new [Re: gregf]
#337696 - 03/14/15 03:46 AM Attachment: ataritrip2.t.jpeg 18 KB (0 downloads)

> > Space Race - Atari (1973) [japanese] Interesting Space Race cab design with cab
> looking like the 2 player version of Nutting Computer Space. I wonder if some of the
> unsold/leftover 2 player Computer Space cabs were reused for Space Race.

Similar molded fiberglass cabinet to Computer Space but a more angular design. I think it was much more expensive than the standard cabinet (which was a reuse of the Pong Doubles cab) and thus more rare.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Dan@Flyer Fever
Early video game flyer collector
Reged: 12/16/03
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update new [Re: Rich75]
#337702 - 03/14/15 06:26 AM

> Is there any way of improving the search feature? I'm possibly just stupid but it
> doesn't seem to work very well and is bordering on the pedantic in terms of how exact
> you need to be - e.g. search for "star" brings up zero results but "star wars" works
> fine. It's not always obvious if a particular flyer is in the archive if you don't
> use the exact same name.
>
> I like the site but I'm just being honest here in saying that I think it'd be better
> if it was easier to navigate with something like an option to view flyers in
> alphabetical order. I don't know how do-able that is? Anyway, I'm not trying to
> criticise, just trying to offer constructive feedback as someone who visits the site.

You bring up a good point and admittedly the search on tumblr blogs royally sucks.

In response to your feedback, I've made a complete list of the tags available in alphabetical order.
http://www.flyerfever.com/tag-index

Also check out the tag directory which is a different list of tags:
http://www.flyerfever.com/tag-directory

Rich75
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/30/12
Send PM

#337706 - 03/14/15 01:57 PM

That's great! The A-Z list will definitely help idiots like me who couldn't find stuff!

I did wonder if the limitations of the search were down to tumblr "functionality". I guess they don't really intend anyone to use it for anything vaguely serious? To my ageing eyes most tumblr pages just appear to be pointless random splodges of consciousness spewed out by kids and any attempt at coherence is purely unintentional!

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#337708 - 03/14/15 06:57 PM

> > Taito Video Game Catalog (1973-1976) [too many titles to list]

>This is the 5th Taito catalog I obtained. I lost out to a different one last year;
>hopefully I can find it again.

I wonder if that wanted catalog will have any different Taito games that are not yet documented/known.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever Update new [Re: Comboman]
#337710 - 03/14/15 07:13 PM

>> Space Race - Atari (1973) [japanese] Interesting Space Race cab design.

>Similar molded fiberglass cabinet to Computer Space but a more angular design. I think
>it was much more expensive than the standard cabinet (which was a reuse of the Pong
>Doubles cab) and thus more rare.

You are correct. My guess from days earlier wasn't correct.

The cab photo of the cab at Atari facility that safestuff was roaming around and taking photos while viewing inventory for bidding many many years earlier was initially described as an unknown cab iirc because most of the younger generation would not have known it was a Space Race cab unless seeing the Japanese region Atari Space Race flyer. I would not have known it either because I have only seen and played Space Race in the other cabinet design.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#337711 - 03/14/15 07:25 PM

>>just trying to offer constructive feedback as someone who visits the site.

>You bring up a good point and admittedly the search on tumblr blogs royally sucks.

>In response to your feedback, I've made a complete list of the tags available in >alphabetical order.
http://www.flyerfever.com/tag-index

>Also check out the tag directory which is a different list of tags:
http://www.flyerfever.com/tag-directory

My thanks also for adding the options. I have been waiting to see if something like that would be added. The options will come in handy imo since the extremely out-of-date 32bit WinXP system I am still having to use can just barely run on Internet these days. Visiting the flyer site practically brings out-of-date system to its knees.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3039