Pages: 1

hoover1979
M.A.M.E.-A-Holic
Reged: 12/29/14
Loc: South Australia, Australia
Send PM

HLSL Shader tweaking help needed.
#335659 - 01/02/15 08:09 AM

I got HLSL shaders working again. but I wish to remove the scanlines and keep the pincussion effect.

I can adjust scanline darkness ingame but I wish to set scanline visibility to 0 for all games and not have to adjust that slider everytime I play every game. the scanlines go tits up on vertical screen games when I use screen filtering (eg: HQ3x 3xBRZ) causing a weird and disturbing pattern.

I wish to kill the scanlines, keep the pincussion effect and run the aperture through mame itself to keep it from going bonkers.

Edited by hoover1979 (01/02/15 08:10 AM)

Give a man a fish, he eats for a night. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Check out my Work in Progress for my ambitious 2K retexture project for Doom!! View my work as the project is worked on here: http://hoover1979.deviantart.com/gallery/59360732/UltraHD-Doom-Texture-work

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: HLSL Shader tweaking help needed. new [Re: hoover1979]
#335664 - 01/02/15 09:50 AM

In mame.ini, setting scanline alpha to zero should do it.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

hoover1979
M.A.M.E.-A-Holic
Send PM

Re: HLSL Shader tweaking help needed. new [Re: Traso]
#335677 - 01/02/15 01:02 PM

I tried that and also to set all scanline related strings to 0 and no dice. it seems the exe has its own override and no changes to the ini work. I even set the modifies ini to read-only because otherwise the changes were lost after running MAME.

there has to be a way other than manually adjusting the slider each and every time I run a vertical game?

Give a man a fish, he eats for a night. Teach a man how to fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Check out my Work in Progress for my ambitious 2K retexture project for Doom!! View my work as the project is worked on here: http://hoover1979.deviantart.com/gallery/59360732/UltraHD-Doom-Texture-work

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: HLSL Shader tweaking help needed. new [Re: hoover1979]
#335682 - 01/02/15 03:26 PM

> I tried that and also to set all scanline related strings to 0 and no dice. it seems
> the exe has its own override and no changes to the ini work. I even set the modifies
> ini to read-only because otherwise the changes were lost after running MAME.
>
> there has to be a way other than manually adjusting the slider each and every time I
> run a vertical game?

Setting the scanline alpha to 0 will in fact work correctly. MAME doesn't natively support HQ3x, so you've obviously done some sort of faffing about with it or are not otherwise using stock MAME, so all bets are off. If you break it, you get to keep the pieces.

hoover1979
M.A.M.E.-A-Holic
Send PM

Re: HLSL Shader tweaking help needed. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#335699 - 01/03/15 04:08 AM

I installed the stock standard MAMEUI64 (0.156) on another drive and copied the roms over and still the scanline settings stay at 1.0 I also edited the ini file and set the bloom to 0.5 as the default setting makes my eyes bleed and ingame it stays at 1.0 too forcing me to adjust both sliders each and every game. This is for Stock Standard MAME.

What point is the ini file when once I start the game it is in default settings regardless of my ini settings?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: HLSL Shader tweaking help needed. *DELETED* new [Re: hoover1979]
#335713 - 01/03/15 04:09 PM

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: HLSL Shader tweaking help needed. new [Re: ]
#335839 - 01/08/15 03:27 AM

> I stopped caring when you did a facepalm.

BROO-TALZ.

Anyways, there are other inis - vertical, game. If altering those doesn't affect things, delete them, as well as the cfg and nvram, and start over. Sometimes old-ass files are persnickety.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 599 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2586