#334247 - 11/05/14 07:13 AM

HA!

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: Smitdogg]
#334249 - 11/05/14 07:34 AM

Smitty, you're so loveable. And we all tenderly support you in your sagacious fantasies.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: Traso]
#334250 - 11/05/14 07:40 AM

Thanks Creepy-Dumbass. I live in Portland, OR and weed just got legalized according to the news I got, which my vote went in on last night at 8pm. I guess the news could be wrong. Or maybe you could.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#334251 - 11/05/14 08:09 AM

Hooray.

A future (Portland, OR) MAME meet might get entertaining.....pizza plus additional stuff.....

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: gregf]
#334258 - 11/05/14 01:04 PM

> Hooray.
>
> A future (Portland, OR) MAME meet might get entertaining.....pizza plus additional
> stuff.....

Everyone bring their mother.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#334294 - 11/06/14 12:37 PM

> HA!

There's been debates in the UK about whether to legalize pot or not and I don't care about "oh it's good for you!" for whatever. I've dealt with heroin addicts and smelt "pot" when working around one of my friends, awful stuff and I would rather no one had it.

That and even if it was legalized and even if I had kids, I would scare them from it. I wouldn't want my family touching it

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: Naoki]
#334295 - 11/06/14 01:28 PM

I have some experience with what this stuff can do to people (family member had some trouble with it many years back, they have long given up using it though). My view is that although cannabis causes harm, more harm is caused by it being illegal (harm through the drug trade, harm through people committing crimes to feed their habit, harm through people who take cannabis being pushed by the drug dealers into going for the harder and more dangerous drugs) than would be caused by legalizing it, regulating it (where it can be made/sold, how it can be made/sold, where and how it can be consumed, driving whilst under the influence etc) and taxing the hell out of it.

I especially think that the federal government and its agencies need to recognize that the people in various states have decided to legalize the use of cannabis under certain circumstances (some states have legalized it for medical use, others for various kinds of recreational use) and respect the will of the people in those states by ceasing all federal enforcement against people who are carrying out acts legal under state law in these states.

Better yet, eliminate all federal laws (and enforcement) related to cannabis and allow states to control it as they see fit (in those cases where state law isn't up to what it shold be with the states relying on federal law instead, the states can be given enough time to pass new state laws prior to the federal repeal comming into effect)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#334296 - 11/06/14 01:52 PM

> > HA!
>
> There's been debates in the UK about whether to legalize pot or not and I don't care
> about "oh it's good for you!" for whatever. I've dealt with heroin addicts and smelt
> "pot" when working around one of my friends, awful stuff and I would rather no one
> had it.
>
> That and even if it was legalized and even if I had kids, I would scare them from it.
> I wouldn't want my family touching it

You heard it here folks, all drugs are exactly the same. Heroin = Pot.

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#334297 - 11/06/14 02:06 PM

> > > HA!
> >
> > There's been debates in the UK about whether to legalize pot or not and I don't
> care
> > about "oh it's good for you!" for whatever. I've dealt with heroin addicts and
> smelt
> > "pot" when working around one of my friends, awful stuff and I would rather no one
> > had it.
> >
> > That and even if it was legalized and even if I had kids, I would scare them from
> it.
> > I wouldn't want my family touching it
>
> You heard it here folks, all drugs are exactly the same. Heroin = Pot.

I wasn't saying Heroin = Pot, just that I've dealt with a drug user and it's awful, especially when he's harassing your business trying to get money to feed his addiction. It's one of the few times I've been genuinely scared because he had a threatening nature when you said no.

Also, I know heroine is worse than pot, but still, I hate all drugs equally.

----

By gods I've found it!

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: jonwil]
#334298 - 11/06/14 02:09 PM

> I have some experience with what this stuff can do to people (family member had some
> trouble with it many years back, they have long given up using it though). My view is
> that although cannabis causes harm, more harm is caused by it being illegal (harm
> through the drug trade, harm through people committing crimes to feed their habit,
> harm through people who take cannabis being pushed by the drug dealers into going for
> the harder and more dangerous drugs) than would be caused by legalizing it,
> regulating it (where it can be made/sold, how it can be made/sold, where and how it
> can be consumed, driving whilst under the influence etc) and taxing the hell out of
> it.
>
> I especially think that the federal government and its agencies need to recognize
> that the people in various states have decided to legalize the use of cannabis under
> certain circumstances (some states have legalized it for medical use, others for
> various kinds of recreational use) and respect the will of the people in those states
> by ceasing all federal enforcement against people who are carrying out acts legal
> under state law in these states.
>
> Better yet, eliminate all federal laws (and enforcement) related to cannabis and
> allow states to control it as they see fit (in those cases where state law isn't up
> to what it shold be with the states relying on federal law instead, the states can be
> given enough time to pass new state laws prior to the federal repeal comming into
> effect)

I don't see that as a solution to the problem in whole. Whilst yes, it eliminates drug crime in some aspects, illegal sales will still happen, people could rob stores for it either because of the money or because they cant afford otherwise and still, there's issues with ODs.

Granted I'm picking out point but still, never liked nor supported, still don't and never shall.

----

By gods I've found it!

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#334302 - 11/06/14 04:16 PM

> there's issues with ODs.
>
Pray do tell...

There has NEVER been a proven case of somebody overdosing on marijuana. Some people react differently from others and those who react negatively may experience panic/anxiety attacks, but not a single person has died from it. At least not by itself.

The one thing that separates it from all other drugs is the fact that it is NATURAL. When it's not regulated and dealers lace it with other things like angel dust to get people both hooked on it faster and give them a 'bigger/better high'... that's when overdoses happen and people die.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#334303 - 11/06/14 04:22 PM

> I wasn't saying Heroin = Pot, just that I've dealt with a drug user and it's awful,
> especially when he's harassing your business trying to get money to feed his
> addiction. It's one of the few times I've been genuinely scared because he had a
> threatening nature when you said no.
>
> Also, I know heroine is worse than pot, but still, I hate all drugs equally.

Clearly, drugs being illegal have apparently not stopped him from getting a habit, so I'm not quite sure what your point is. Perhaps if there were actually decent rehabilitation programs in UK and social services to help root out the cause of why said drug user became a user in the first place, the person you speak of wouldn't be harassing businesses.

Also, if you hate all drugs including pot, you had better stop playing video games, because the number of people in the industry who regularly smoke pot would make your head spin. It's not something I partake in, but your notion that all drug users are indigent burnouts is laughably naïve and indicates a pretty short-sighted view of the world around you.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#334305 - 11/06/14 04:23 PM

> still, there's issues with ODs.

Of pot? LOL

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#334306 - 11/06/14 04:38 PM

> I hate all drugs equally.

How do you feel about alcohol? Caffeine? Nicotine?

The chart is not entirely accurate. I don't think thc cures cancer, for one. But the point is valid. Everybody knows people whose lives have been ruined by alcohol. Why is alcohol legal?

Naoki
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: GatKong]
#334309 - 11/06/14 04:50 PM

> > I hate all drugs equally.
>
> How do you feel about alcohol? Caffeine? Nicotine?
>
>
>
> The chart is not entirely accurate. I don't think thc cures cancer, for one. But the
> point is valid. Everybody knows people whose lives have been ruined by alcohol. Why
> is alcohol legal?

Didn't say I like alcohol. I don't drink, I don't even like to go out on bar rounds. Sure, a n evening in a pub with a coke for me is fine, but not the "clubbing" or pub roads for me.

Also, despise smoking. Hate the smell, the problems it causes and the fact that it's not just one person smoking, it's everyone around and himself/herself.

Edited by Naoki (11/06/14 05:02 PM)

----

By gods I've found it!

Naoki
Send PM

#334310 - 11/06/14 04:52 PM

> > still, there's issues with ODs.
>
> Of pot? LOL

I'm not a drug expert, I don't claim to know all there is, I just know there's a lot of things you can OD on. I assumed cannabis/pot/weed was one. Even if not, I still don't stand for it.

----

By gods I've found it!

Naoki
Send PM

#334312 - 11/06/14 04:56 PM

> > I wasn't saying Heroin = Pot, just that I've dealt with a drug user and it's awful,
> > especially when he's harassing your business trying to get money to feed his
> > addiction. It's one of the few times I've been genuinely scared because he had a
> > threatening nature when you said no.
> >
> > Also, I know heroine is worse than pot, but still, I hate all drugs equally.
>
> Clearly, drugs being illegal have apparently not stopped him from getting a habit, so
> I'm not quite sure what your point is. Perhaps if there were actually decent
> rehabilitation programs in UK and social services to help root out the cause of why
> said drug user became a user in the first place, the person you speak of wouldn't be
> harassing businesses.
>
> Also, if you hate all drugs including pot, you had better stop playing video games,
> because the number of people in the industry who regularly smoke pot would make your
> head spin. It's not something I partake in, but your notion that all drug users are
> indigent burnouts is laughably naïve and indicates a pretty short-sighted view of the
> world around you.

The point is even IF there's a good rehab service and good support (which is fairly good), people always make it difficult to do. And this guy just didn't care. He's been in prison many times for assaults and harassment, he just doesn't care. Thankfully the police got him an ASBO (Anti-social behavioural order) so he's banned from entering my workplace's street now.

I'm not so much of an active VG player for one and second, if people want to smoke it, fine, but I don't want it legalized just so people can get high. For medical use, sure however. And I know some people just try it once and not all people are bad, but still, from everything I know and have heard/seen, it's left me very negative about it.

Edit: Also, I don't hate the people who smoke it, but rather the fact they do it, if that makes sense. I don't like my friends going on a pub-night out and drinking so much crap, doesn't make me hate them but I don't have to like it.

Edited by Naoki (11/06/14 04:59 PM)

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#334325 - 11/06/14 07:54 PM Attachment: Bluehaired waitress 2013-233.jpg 43 KB (1 downloads)

> The chart is not entirely accurate. I don't think thc cures cancer, for one. But the
> point is valid. Everybody knows people whose lives have been ruined by alcohol. Why
> is alcohol legal?

It is a popular belief that the IRS thingy in Spain, called "Hacienda", has its majority of income from taxes on three things: alcohol, smoke, and gasoline. I don't know if that's really true or not, but I'd imagine that removing one third of that is going to have a negative impact.

I'd rather rephrase the question like: Why alcohol is legal and cannabis not?

Or to be overly specific:
On what grounds can you argue that alcohol is different enough to cannabis to justify that one is legal while the other is not?

Regarding the statement that cannabis cures cancer, I believe it is mistaken because one of the medicinal uses of cannabis is pain relief for terminal cancer patients. At leas it is (or was) in Spain.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#334328 - 11/06/14 08:04 PM

> Why is alcohol legal?

Because Boardwalk Empire. Though Nucky could learn a thing or two about downward spirals from Walt.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#334340 - 11/06/14 10:37 PM

> Thanks Creepy-Dumbass. I live in Portland, OR and weed just got legalized according to the news I got, which my vote went in on last night at 8pm. I guess the news could be wrong. Or maybe you could.

OH. This is what Pi was referring to. Seeing as how I have no news exposure to perhaps guess what you were referring ot, and since you didn't list your city, I couldn't figure whether the Ha! was 'A-ha', or 'yeah right', or.....

So I responded in fashion. Relax, coolio.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#334342 - 11/06/14 10:40 PM

Ditto Moogly and URHereNow. I met some chick a few years ago said she got DTs 'getting off' weed. (Ha, getting off...GETTING OFF!) I looked at her and said whatever you was smokin was laced.

Fuck Nao, smoke some dope, find out for yourself. Or, you could watch The Union: the business behind getting high.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: gregf]
#334349 - 11/06/14 11:45 PM

> Hooray.
>
> A future (Portland, OR) MAME meet might get entertaining.....pizza plus additional
> stuff.....

Pizza? How 'bout Mexican?

URherenow
Send PM

#334354 - 11/07/14 01:09 AM

*Disclaimer: I'm all for legalizing it and taxing the hell out of it.

Now... I question many things in that pic

Non-addictive? Really? Perhaps not as much as tobacco or alcohol but a little less than half of users do develop dependence and actually exhibit withdrawal symptoms while in rehab.

Cures cancer? Not in a million years. Cancer patients manage pain with it.

Grows/heals cells? Nope. When smoked, it's more damaging to the lungs than a cigarette.

side effects: Short term memory loss. Spacing out. Since THC gets absorbed by fat... the effects can come back for weeks. In other words... you can space out while driving weeks after smoking (more pronounced the more you used since you last stopped using... if that makes sense to you).

URherenow
Send PM

#334355 - 11/07/14 01:12 AM

No. He hates the smell and probably doesn't want to damage his lungs. He shouldn't smoke it. He should eat a special brownie!

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

#334359 - 11/07/14 03:57 AM

I didn't know you lived in Portland Smitty. I never pegged you for a hipster.*

*yes I know that not all Portland residents are hipsters, but it's probably the hipstery place in America.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: URherenow]
#334360 - 11/07/14 03:58 AM

> The one thing that separates it from all other drugs is the fact that it is NATURAL.

Wut? Nicotine, opium, cocaine, magic mushrooms, peyote, and plenty of other drugs are just as NATURAL you goon.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#334361 - 11/07/14 04:01 AM

> Also, if you hate all drugs including pot, you had better stop playing video games,
> because the number of people in the industry who regularly smoke pot would make your
> head spin. It's not something I partake in, but your notion that all drug users are
> indigent burnouts is laughably naïve and indicates a pretty short-sighted view of the
> world around you.

And you'd better stay away from all financial services because of the number of people involved who are high on cocaine, amphetamines, caffeine at levels that cause psychosis, or are high functioning alcoholics.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: JimmyU]
#334362 - 11/07/14 04:06 AM

I'm not a hipster but I do hang out with some.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#334363 - 11/07/14 04:08 AM

Having weed illegal is as dumb as having coffee illegal.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: Pi]
#334364 - 11/07/14 04:12 AM

I've read that it can block carcinogens from attaching to parts of the body but I don't have a source / care if anyone believes it.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#334365 - 11/07/14 04:20 AM

You do realize it calms a lot of freaks down and surely has stopped crime from occurring a million times over, right? Do you think brickwalling "all drugs" in your mind is particularly wise? Ever drank coffee?

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Congratulations! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#334370 - 11/07/14 05:41 AM

> HA!

S

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#334372 - 11/07/14 05:46 AM

> *Disclaimer: I'm all for legalizing it and taxing the hell out of it.

Why not let it grow wild and free all over the United States like it used to before the giant eradication campaigns? Keep the money out means keeping organized crime and government corruption out.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#334377 - 11/07/14 06:27 AM

Well... I guess a lot of people will be happy they don't have to cross the Border into Colorado anymore

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: B2K24]
#334378 - 11/07/14 06:36 AM

Colorado is funny in that it isn't nearly as west as its image.

URherenow
Send PM

#334381 - 11/07/14 06:44 AM

because it's a HUGE piece of revenue. Every single state could use more money for schools, roads, disaster relief funds, etc... The National debt is forever growing. You name it. Washington and Colorade have already figured out what's up.

Ok, the national debt won't even be dented by tax revenues from marijuana, but when congress comes to grips with the fact that it will at least help *some*, it will have to be legalized at the federal level for them to slap more taxes on it and take advantage. Yes, it'll be a hit to the wallet of the user, but federal legalization will make things better/easier all the way around.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Pot just got legalized in my city new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#334382 - 11/07/14 06:49 AM

WRONG.

Opium poppies have to be processed. cocain is MAN MADE in that respect.

Marijuana is grown, cut, and let dry. Period. So is tobacco (which is legal, so your inclusion of nicotine is pretty idiodic).

Peyote... legal if you're a registered Native American (sort of).

I see your point though. I shouldn't have said "all other drugs". My point still stands.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#334386 - 11/07/14 09:11 AM

> Opium poppies have to be processed.

You need to process it to get refined heroin in a form you can inject, but you don't really need to do much to get it in a form that can be eaten. The actual drug is there naturally.

> cocain is MAN MADE in that respect.

You can get high from chewing fresh coca leaves or making tea from them. That's just as natural as eating pot, and more natural than smoking it. The cocaine alkaloid is just as natural as THC

> Marijuana is grown, cut, and let dry. Period. So is tobacco (which is legal, so your
> inclusion of nicotine is pretty idiodic).

Who said anything about illegal? You said all other drugs. You're a twat.

Naoki
Send PM

#334391 - 11/07/14 12:57 PM

> You do realize it calms a lot of freaks down and surely has stopped crime from
> occurring a million times over, right? Do you think brickwalling "all drugs" in your
> mind is particularly wise? Ever drank coffee?

Nope. For the record, don't drink hot drinks really at all, no coffee, no tea, no alchohol, no smoking. I'm fairly "clean" in that aspect

Edit: Also, I don't mean ALL drugs. I meant weed, crack, heroine, what the public associates as "bad" drugs. I don't know if this is where I've caused the confusion but regardless.

Edited by Naoki (11/07/14 01:05 PM)

Naoki
Send PM

#334392 - 11/07/14 12:59 PM

> Having weed illegal is as dumb as having coffee illegal.

It's personal preference to what I'd want to be allowed, isn't it? It's an opinion at the end of the day, I'd prefer weed to not be legalized. Call me dumb for thinking that but it's my opinion and wishes.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#334393 - 11/07/14 01:48 PM

> > You do realize it calms a lot of freaks down and surely has stopped crime from
> > occurring a million times over, right? Do you think brickwalling "all drugs" in
> your
> > mind is particularly wise? Ever drank coffee?
>
> Nope. For the record, don't drink hot drinks really at all, no coffee, no tea, no
> alchohol, no smoking. I'm fairly "clean" in that aspect
>
> Edit: Also, I don't mean ALL drugs. I meant weed, crack, heroine, what the public
> associates as "bad" drugs. I don't know if this is where I've caused the confusion
> but regardless.

I think chocolate should be illegal. Once this bag of leftover Halloween candy is gone, I'll probably have withdrawals.

hmmmmmm
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/27/08
Send PM

#334394 - 11/07/14 01:50 PM

Sorry...your answer just triggered some great memories from a book I once read...well mainly the title it was coming to mind

Dilbert

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#334400 - 11/07/14 02:21 PM

> *Disclaimer: I'm all for legalizing it and taxing the hell out of it.
>
> Now... I question many things in that pic
>
> Non-addictive? Really? Perhaps not as much as tobacco or alcohol but a little less
> than half of users do develop dependence and actually exhibit withdrawal symptoms
> while in rehab.
>
> Cures cancer? Not in a million years. Cancer patients manage pain with it.
>
> Grows/heals cells? Nope. When smoked, it's more damaging to the lungs than a
> cigarette.
>
> side effects: Short term memory loss. Spacing out. Since THC gets absorbed by fat...
> the effects can come back for weeks. In other words... you can space out while
> driving weeks after smoking (more pronounced the more you used since you last stopped
> using... if that makes sense to you).

URherenow
Send PM

#334404 - 11/11/14 04:23 AM

Nobody buys coca plants/leaves and nobody buys opium poppies. They but Heroin. They buy coke.

There is nothing natural about it. It takes a lot of work and chemicals.

https://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/poppy_article2.shtml

http://alcoholrehab.com/drug-addiction/how-cocaine-is-made/

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#334405 - 11/11/14 04:31 AM

> Nobody buys coca plants/leaves and nobody buys opium poppies. They but Heroin. They
> buy coke.

Maybe in the US/UK/Aus, but in places like Bolivia, coca leaf products are common, and you can definitely get unrefined opium gum in India although it's illegal.

> There is nothing natural about it. It takes a lot of work and chemicals.

It's still natural - the processes involve isolating and refining a natural compound from the plant. Unless you want to go saying white sugar, white flour, etc are also unnatural.

URherenow
Send PM

#334427 - 11/11/14 03:58 PM

Heroin: The main chemical used is acetic anhydride, along with sodium carbonate, activated charcoal, chloroform, ethyl alcohol, ether, and acetone

Sugar: just read this (mostly true) article: http://www.blackherbals.com/ASK-Sugar.htm

so yea. Sugar is not natural and it's bad for you. Many foreign countries have beverages that are made with cane sugar, vice processed white sugar. I must say those drinks are tasty as hell, and much better for you!

But back to the point: Marijuana is cut, dried, and perhaps pressed into bricks or whatever. No processing is done. It's about as natural as you can get.

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#334428 - 11/11/14 04:21 PM

> Sugar: just read this (mostly true) article:
> http://www.blackherbals.com/ASK-Sugar.htm

Please. Please.

Please!

I'm not saying that white sugar is perfectly healthy, but that article is poorly written and worstly researched, with plain FALSE information to convince you that you should buy his natural products, full of african biochemistry and chinese wisdom. Crappy bullshit.

Sadly many things we eat are as bad as that article say, but white sugar is not among them. The problem with white sugar is that some diets have a heavy intake of refined white sugar and that excess is the problem.

On the other hand, I do maintain that cannabis is a natural drug, but it's a drug. Smoking it has effects on you (or nobody would smoke it) and it's not inocuous. It is bad for your lungs and THC has long-term neurological effects as almost any psychotropic drug has.

And then again, if tobacco is legal I don't know why cannabis shouldn't be. A friend of mine used to say "everyone has the right to fuck up their own body as they want".

URherenow
Send PM

#334434 - 11/11/14 06:21 PM

agreed.

but you don't have to smoke it...

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#334435 - 11/11/14 06:33 PM

> so yea. Sugar is not natural and it's bad for you. Many foreign countries have
> beverages that are made with cane sugar, vice processed white sugar. I must say those
> drinks are tasty as hell, and much better not quite as bad for you!

Naoki
Send PM

#334439 - 11/11/14 07:18 PM

> > Sugar: just read this (mostly true) article:
> > http://www.blackherbals.com/ASK-Sugar.htm
>
> Please. Please.
>
>
> Please!
>
> I'm not saying that white sugar is perfectly healthy, but that article is poorly
> written and worstly researched, with plain FALSE information to convince you that you
> should buy his natural products, full of african biochemistry and chinese wisdom.
> Crappy bullshit.
>
> Sadly many things we eat are as bad as that article say, but white sugar is not among
> them. The problem with white sugar is that some diets have a heavy intake of refined
> white sugar and that excess is the problem.
>
> On the other hand, I do maintain that cannabis is a natural drug, but it's a drug.
> Smoking it has effects on you (or nobody would smoke it) and it's not inocuous. It is
> bad for your lungs and THC has long-term neurological effects as almost any
> psychotropic drug has.
>
> And then again, if tobacco is legal I don't know why cannabis shouldn't be. A friend
> of mine used to say "everyone has the right to fuck up their own body as they want".

I wouldn't care if tomorrow they banned smoking *shrug* Better for everyone else who has to be near smokers

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#334781 - 12/01/14 05:58 AM

> because it's a HUGE piece of revenue. Every single state could use more money for schools, roads, disaster relief funds, etc... The National debt is forever growing.

Capitalism doesn't look after its constituents. That's the penultimate problem. The ultimate problem is human nature, and the point of address.

> Non-addictive? Really? Perhaps not as much as tobacco or alcohol but a little less than half of users do develop dependence and actually exhibit withdrawal symptoms while in rehab.

And where did you get this data? I'm calling bullshit.

> Cures cancer? Not in a million years. Cancer patients manage pain with it.

I ain't heard that one. Almost absolutely bullshit. But I'm open to the idea. Show the science.

> Grows/heals cells? Nope. When smoked, it's more damaging to the lungs than a cigarette.

That's fucking nonsense. Always has been. But, for sure, vaping removes that element. Come smoke with me, then come train with me, dude.

> side effects: Short term memory loss. Spacing out. Since THC gets absorbed by fat...the effects can come back for weeks. In other words... you can space out while driving weeks after smoking (more pronounced the more you used since you last stopped using... if that makes sense to you).

Memory, yeah, so does liquor. Fat cells - perhaps for the fat fucks, but you're not going to fucking 'trip'. Jesus.

URherenow
Send PM

#334787 - 12/01/14 10:10 AM

I'll provide 1 link: http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/dependence.htm

then tell you to google or something. The science is everywhere, you just refuse to believe it.

Memory loss: So does liquor? Hah! I call bullshit on that one. It's possible to "black out" and lose a specific period of time; it's called a memory lapse. It doesn't cause any long(er) term effects on your memory like marijuana does.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#334789 - 12/01/14 12:07 PM

> Memory loss: So does liquor? Hah! I call bullshit on that one. It's possible to
> "black out" and lose a specific period of time; it's called a memory lapse. It
> doesn't cause any long(er) term effects on your memory like marijuana does.

Oh it can cause long-term effects, but you have to drink pretty heavily for an extended period of time. If you're drinking enough to mess up your memory, you'll probably be fucking up your liver far more.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#334827 - 12/03/14 08:40 AM

> > Memory loss: So does liquor? Hah! I call bullshit on that one. It's possible to "black out" and lose a specific period of time; it's called a memory lapse. It doesn't cause any long(er) term effects on your memory like marijuana does.

> Oh it can cause long-term effects, but you have to drink pretty heavily for an extended period of time. If you're drinking enough to mess up your memory, you'll probably be fucking up your liver far more.

Surely. There aren't long-term memory effects with marijuana. It's that the substance lingers longer in the system - that's true - and hence its effect pervades longer. But there are a few factors involved - what type and strain it is, the overall toxicity of a person, sleep cycle and length of rest periods.

Regardless, the stats of vehicle incidents caused by those who are drunk versus those who are high lean staggeringly toward the former. When I was high school, we used to cruise the freeway and fishbowl it with a footer graphics. Never remotely caused any incidents.

Also, the science part I was referring to was the cancer curing. Like I said, I'm open to the idea, but those who claim must show the science.

Regarding that link you posted, this is the page you want: http://www.csam-asam.org/marijuanas-addictive-potential-healthcare-professionals . It at least gives some detailed research data. I laugh at the 'a rodent will continue to pull a dose'.....it'll pull at its penis if it feels good, too. Hmmm.....

Incidentally, I do not believe. It's not a part of my function.

Lastly, as I forgot to mention this, kudos to Naoki for being almost completely substance-free. I say almost because he probably uses commercial brand hygiene products, or is at least significantly exposed to them via the wife and kids, and at the very least in the work place.

URherenow
Send PM

#334830 - 12/03/14 09:54 AM

> Also, the science part I was referring to was the cancer curing.

So was I (calling bullshit on that), but it seemed like you were arguing with me. Context would have been there if you replied to the original comment on it, and not mine...

Naoki
Send PM

#334849 - 12/03/14 07:51 PM

> Lastly, as I forgot to mention this, kudos to Naoki for being almost completely
> substance-free. I say almost because he probably uses commercial brand hygiene
> products, or is at least significantly exposed to them via the wife and kids, and at
> the very least in the work place.

Wife and kids? Jeez I'm only 19 man lol.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#334931 - 12/07/14 03:11 AM

> > Also, the science part I was referring to was the cancer curing.

> So was I (calling bullshit on that), but it seemed like you were arguing with me. Context would have been there if you replied to the original comment on it, and not mine...

I thought it was your post. Anyways, I intuited it might be considered obversely. Takes a moment to think opposite, though.

So, also, there are no cases I've heard of aggression when someone's stoned. They might be lively, but otherwise are chill. Especially if it's Indica. Sure, the real addicts want anything to get them off; and those addictions can somewhat over-ride a pot high. But they'd be worse not high at all.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 7380