MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

All 650 vertical games (Parents only) MAME.xml (0.155) for PinballX
#334186 - 11/03/14 06:10 PM Attachment: MAME.zip 15 KB (24 downloads)

Lately I've been looking at PinballX and quickly noticed it has MAME support for displaying/launching games.

http://imgur.com/TFMYi1s

So I'm like, if one of my Displays will be vertical for playing Visual Pinball, then I might as well take advantage of it's MAME support and create a vertical game listing to enjoy those games on the same vertical display.

http://imgur.com/9yhXFOq

The setup wizard and setup process is extremely simple. There is not very much anyone can screw up trying to install this and make it work.

I can even give it more eye candy if I wish by associating artwork or it also has the ability to play .wav/.mp3 files matching the game you stop at on the wheel.

Anyway, if anyone cares to try out this FE that can utilize a vertical display. I've attached my current MAME.XML

Only games with the Driver marked good (Green status) have made it in thus far. In the coming days, I'll continue on adding imperfect games/drivers

Feedback is welcomed and Enjoy!

lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Send PM

Re: All 650 vertical games (Parents only) MAME.xml (0.155) for PinballX new [Re: B2K24]
#334187 - 11/03/14 06:35 PM

Hyper spin supports vertical screens. But, since you are talking about pinball maybe you might be able to utilize Hyper Pin..?

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=322

B2K24
Send PM

Re: All 650 vertical games (Parents only) MAME.xml (0.155) for PinballX new [Re: lamprey]
#334188 - 11/03/14 06:47 PM

I'm pretty sure the HP guys still active there do a vertical listing for that Front End however, they do exclude a lot of games based on their genre, which is what I didn't want.

I do have HS and HP setup here and haven't tested if this XML works for those yet. Also the fact development has stalled on those when 2.0 was promised something like 3 years ago is a bit concerning as well.

Although HS and HP is pretty cool to look at, I feel like PinballX is in a better place as far as functionality, features, and the fact development is active.

I wanted to get something out like this specifically for PinballX because to my knowledge it hasn't been done before.

B2K24
Send PM

Re: All 650 vertical games (Parents only) MAME.xml (0.155) for PinballX new [Re: B2K24]
#334252 - 11/05/14 09:41 AM Attachment: MAME.zip 20 KB (14 downloads)

Got all the imperfect vertical games added which is an additional 213 games if I did everything correctly.

So now the grand total is 863 vertical games (Parent only)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3300