View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Most Recent Update GatPack
#332815 - 10/05/14 08:31 PM Attachment: GatPack.zip 1760 KB (2 downloads)

MC 1.8 updates:
-chest_trapped
-door_spruce and matching item
-door_birch, and matching item
-door_darkwood and matching item
-door_wooden, and matching item
-golden_carrot animation
-golden_apple animation
-golden_nugget animation
-fish_clownfish animation
-fish_pufferfish and animation
-fish_salmon animation
-prismarine_crystals and animation
-quartz and animation
-rottenFlesh flies animation
-ruby and animation
-trapdoor_iron

The entire credits readme:

Quote:

Gatinho's Amalgamated GatPack for Minecraft v1.8

The pack tries to be true to the default textures while animating that which shouldn’t be static, along with a few visual enhancements.

Most work is original, as listed below, and a small select few things are borrowed with proper credit given.

My original work:
-banner_mojang
-blaze_rod animation
-bow and animation
-brewing stand animation
-character Steve
-chest_trapped
-chest_trapped_double
-command_block animation
-comparator animation
-creeper mustache
-daylight detector animation
-diamond and animation
-diamond armor
-door_spruce and matching item
-door_birch and matching item
-door_darkwood and matching item
-door_wooden and matching item
-emerald and animation
-fish_clownfish animation
-fish_pufferfish and animation
-fish_salmon animation
-enchanting_table animation
-ender_eye animation
-endframe_eye animation
-furnace animation
-glass_black animation
-glass_blue animation
-glass_brown animation
-glass_cyan animation
-glass_gray animation
-glass_green animation
-glass_light_blue animation
-glass_lime animation
-glass_magenta animation
-glass_orange animation
-glass_pink animation
-glass_purple animation
-glass_red animation
-glass_silver animation
-glass_white animation
-glass_yellow animation
-golden_apple animation
-golden_carrot and animation
-golden_nugget animation
-gui’s
-ice_packed animation
-iron ore and animation
-iron armor inspired from Roman pack but still my own work
-items door_wooden
-items door_iron
-leaves_birch animation
-leaves_dark_oak animation
-jack-o-lantern helmet blur
-jack-o-lantern_on animation
-obsidian and animation
-packed ice animation
-paintings
-pork chops
-prismarine_crystals and animation
-pumpkins, removed face (why would nature’s pumpkins have a face already?)
-quartz and animation
-redstone animation
-redstone torch animation
-redstone block animation (it's subtle, like an electric flicker)
-rottenFlesh flies animation
-ruby and animation
-sheers
-slime animation
-snow animation
-soulsand animation
-swords
-torches
-trapdoor_iron
-widgets
and more tweaks I forgot to note.

Also uses goodies from:

AnimatedTextures(2) Pack
-cod fish animation (but I took out his googly-eyes, those are for clownfish!)
-diamond block animation
-emerald block animation
-gold block animation
-glowstone dust animation
-melon_speckled

Revival.2013.07.11 SMP Pack
-health, hunger, and armor indicators
-chainmail armor models

Vanimation vPre1.6 Pack
-beacon animation
-blaze powder animation
-glass animation
-glowstone animation
-ice animation
-jungle leaves animation
-oak leaves animation
-repeater animation
-spruce leaves animation

Edited by Gatinho (10/06/14 05:21 AM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Most Recent Update GatPack new [Re: GatKong]
#332818 - 10/05/14 09:40 PM Attachment: TFinagain3D.zip 66 KB (2 downloads)

> MC 1.8 updates:

Left you a note at your place but since you've posted, more detail:

The 128x grid birch window doesn't work well. As you move looking at it, you get a nasty moire effect that resolves into large distorted "squares." I'd like to see it with a frameless version of your glass. Frameless because there's a break in the lower quarter of it where, as I've set it now, the bottom and top come together. The full window is 17 tall, 13+4, so cutting off and copying the bottom will cause a repeat at the bottom if the top isn't reused, and having the bottom run into the top would produce better results than having disjointed segments.

I've done the Spruce door now, having reworked the models to fix the issues we found (except your texture failure experience, still don't know what was going on there.

My previous .zip didn't work as-is because I zipped the folder, rather than the contents, so everything was one level deeper than it should have been. Try this new one as a drop-in, rather than editing it into yours.

Next door is for a wood we don't even have yet, unless someone has done some more exploring while I was at this.

In related... "news," maybe I should look at the bug reports for this issue: when the element faces grab textures, and this applies to vanilla resources as well (see stock jungle door), they take just a sliver too much, which creates the gap I was seeing that I thought was due to the cuboids being just a hair too small. It became apparent when I stretched a single pixel of texture out; there was a sizable gap left, which I could fix by fetching less than a pixel. I suppose a workaround would be to use 0.001-15.999 rather than 0-16, but it is a game issue, and should be addressed globally.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Most Recent Update GatPack new [Re: TriggerFin]
#332825 - 10/06/14 02:07 AM Attachment: framelessGlass.zip 8 KB (2 downloads)

>I'd like to see it with a frameless version of your glass.

Glass with animation and all? Sure. See attached.

Version 1: my glass as is with the frame removed.

Version 2: my ice with the alpha haze removed.

Version 3: my glass with the frame removed, with the MC default "sheen" added back in.

See if any of those work for you.

If you don't want any anim, try using just the first frame of version3, which is basically default glass minus the frame.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#332826 - 10/06/14 02:09 AM Attachment: 2014-10-05_19.13.39.png 243 KB (0 downloads)

Also, I've been playing around with command blocks in single player for the heck of it. Made it spawn a villager who sells a squid head.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#332829 - 10/06/14 02:17 AM Attachment: 2014-10-05_19.15.51.png 507 KB (0 downloads)

And the helm in action

Attachment

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#332831 - 10/06/14 03:57 AM

You can see how any of these look by renaming them

Code:

birch_door_screen.png

and replacing the one in the zip I posted. If it (I hope) works as is.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#332832 - 10/06/14 03:59 AM

> Also, I've been playing around with command blocks in single player for the heck of
> it. Made it spawn a villager who sells a squid head.

That uses an existing squid-head item? Or is it reskinned?

Have you studied the command block power users?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#332835 - 10/06/14 04:23 AM

> That uses an existing squid-head item? Or is it reskinned?

Both yet Neither

It is a human head, which can be worn like a helmet, and which can be set to look like any player in MC if you know the player's name... and Mojang has already done this with a squid's head; standardized playername = MHF_Squid. Thus, it is both an existing item and a permanent preexisting skin so anyone can make it if they put that combination of attributes together.

My human head looks like Mojang's squidheaded player MHF_Squid. Shwing! Which I then assigned enchantment properties too, thus creating myself a kickass Squid Helm in my single-player experimentation world.

Naw... I'm just messing with you. It's actually been collected from the Kracken. Says so right in my screen shot.

> Have you studied the command block power users?

Whatcha mean? Activating a command block with power? I think so. I put a button on the command block, so every time I want a villager who sells me the magic helm, I push the button and he is summoned. Just for fun, I summon him wearing a space helmet (look at the screen shot closely).

I also made another command block which will hunt the map, find any creepers, and nail them sonsofbitches with lighting. I just had to see what an electric creeper looks like, and I wasn't finding any otherwise. :P If I push it enough times, it kills all the creepers on the map as well.

Just for kicks, I also have a button that nails the pusher (me) with lightning.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#332838 - 10/06/14 05:17 AM

> > That uses an existing squid-head item? Or is it reskinned?
>
> Both yet Neither
>
> It is a human head, which can be worn like a helmet, and which can be set to look
> like any player in MC if you know the player's name... and Mojang has already done
> this with a squid's head; standardized playername = MHF_Squid. Thus, it is both an
> existing item and a permanent preexisting skin so anyone can make it if they put that
> combination of attributes together.
>
> My human head looks like Mojang's squidheaded player MHF_Squid. Shwing! Which I then
> assigned enchantment properties too, thus creating myself a kickass Squid Helm in my
> single-player experimentation world.
>

So not like the creeper, zombie, and skeleton heads, and not available in survival. I thought not.

> > Have you studied the command block power users?

Nah, people. Those doing big things using them. SethBling, Lorgon111, some of the people from http://zipkrowd.com/.

BTW, looking at those, many redstone innovators among them, you'll quickly see that I'm not inventing anything redstony with the little bits I do.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#332841 - 10/06/14 05:37 AM Attachment: 2014-10-05_22.13.34.png 781 KB (0 downloads)

> You can see how any of these look by renaming them
>
> birch_door_screen.png
>
> and replacing the one in the zip I posted. If it (I hope) works as is.

Ok, I did that.

Of all the birch door versions... my favorite is...
:drumroll:

64x64 screen.

Ironically, I tried to make a new png for you with the dimensions you used originally... 37x63... and it breaks your new door... apparently the png must be a square, like 64x64 or 128x128.

Anywho, I favor the 64x64 screen. My pick of the animated versions would be animated version1... is clear except an occasional sheen. Of course, the doors are your pack, so you pick. They all look good.

I redid my update to take out the 3D doors from mine, restoring my old birch door etc, so now you can superimpose your 3D embellishments at will without interference. A true paradigm shift of synergy enhancing the end-user's graphical experience (did that sound Office enough? Maybe you didn't get the memo about this, and uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo. Mmmkay? Bye bye.)

Oh, I must say, that ring and iron bars on the spruce door... Nailed IT!

P.S.

>So not like the creeper, zombie, and skeleton heads, and not available in survival. I thought not.

Yeah, the Squid Helm had had to be written in in some fashion. Tried to get as many repeated grammatically correct words in there as I could.

>Nah, people. Those doing big things using them. SethBling, Lorgon111, some of the people from http://zipkrowd.com/.

Yeah, nah. That's too close to being homework. I'm just playing with the command block syntax to see what all it can do for fun. [edit to add] Did you see, the villager will trade a puffer fish and an ink to give out the helm. I thought that was apropos. The command blocks are pretty darn versatile... to bad they won't run scripts or even a series of commands... then there's nothing they couldn't do )

Attachment

Edited by Gatinho (10/06/14 05:46 AM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#332848 - 10/06/14 01:50 PM

OK, I'll go with a 64x screen then. the effective res of that birch door is... very high... it uses at least one-eighth-pixel precision, maybe higher, on the lattice.

What did you massacre to create a kitten pattern on the banner? I know there's no cat-head pattern banner.

> ... to bad they won't run
> scripts or even a series of commands... then there's nothing they couldn't do )

Well, that's what "SethBling" and "Dr. Brian Lorgon111" do. Along with at least one of the ZipKrowd. See SethBling's "The Building Game" (we don't have enough regulars for that) and Lorgon's Minecraft Bingo.

Also, anything by SethBling (just browse his youtube channel for links to his things) is using chained command blocks.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#332857 - 10/06/14 03:44 PM

> What did you massacre to create a kitten pattern on the banner?

The Mojang Banner, turned the apple into a kitty head.

> is using chained command blocks.

Yeah. It wouldn't be hard to redo command blocks to accept multiple lines of code... especially since they are intended for adventure maps anyway, there's no reason not to. Forcing users to string a bunch of command blocks together is pointless. In theory the end-user of the adventure map shouldn't even know those command blocks even exist... so allowing multiple lines of code so all you need is one should be appropriate. Forcing a map maker to have to hide a whole room full of strung-together command blocks makes no sense.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1933