MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

Any fans of John's Arcade Tech and Reviews?
#331572 - 09/10/14 10:53 PM

Do any of you guys watch John's Arcade Youtube channel?

It's pretty awesome. He's a hardcore arcade machine collector who's basement is INSANE and filled wall to wall with arcade cabs. I'm jealous of the guy! He does a lot of videos of him repairing machines and going on the road to visit a lot of arcades across the US. Been watching him for years.

Kinda surprised there isn't any discussion here at MW.net about this guy. I've discovered many great underrated arcade games because of his vids. Check him if ya haven't already

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0zwTpEMt8IsETC7mv9Tt3g

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Any fans of John's Arcade Tech and Reviews? new [Re: Outrun2006]
#331574 - 09/11/14 12:47 AM

> Do any of you guys watch John's Arcade Youtube channel?
>
> It's pretty awesome. He's a hardcore arcade machine collector who's basement is
> INSANE and filled wall to wall with arcade cabs. I'm jealous of the guy! He does a
> lot of videos of him repairing machines and going on the road to visit a lot of
> arcades across the US. Been watching him for years.

Cool, but is he always that hyper?

Someone should ask him to smoke a fatty instead of downing 12 espressos before filming.

S

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Any fans of John's Arcade Tech and Reviews? new [Re: Sune]
#331575 - 09/11/14 12:59 AM

No way, if he loses the hyper enthusiasm it would be boring.

I've watched him on and off for years, I'm sure I've posted one of his videos here before but I think it was to show we are doing something wrong in emulation, Nintendo Vs. related iirc.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Any fans of John's Arcade Tech and Reviews? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#331577 - 09/11/14 02:05 AM

Yeah he's kinda hyper but it's just cuz he's so passionate about arcade machines. Hell, if I had his collection and could afford to travel to so many arcades across the country all the time, I'd be all happy go lucky too.

He's done some really REALLY good and enjoyable vids recently in the last year or so. He has one with a couple of guys that were on King of Kong(hte guy that said "Hey guys, we have a kill screen coming up!), and the ones where he visits FunSpot arcade is always super awesome and fun to watch.

I don't know the guy personally and I'm not being paid to mention his vids here, I'm just genuinely impressed by them and honestly think you should check them out, given the fact we're all MAME fans.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

#331584 - 09/11/14 04:28 AM

I've been subscribed to his channel for at least a couple years now. I love his restoration vids. I highly recommend watching the pac-man and Journey restorations. Quite amazing how he can turn it from a totally trashed piece of junk to looking brand new

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

I watches his videos. new [Re: Outrun2006]
#331597 - 09/11/14 08:15 AM

I even watch this guy videos as well. TNT Amusements Inc https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjs8rzlagt8XfWxdPQnVRw

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

...my preciouss.. i watches its videos_nt new [Re: Dullaron]
#331610 - 09/11/14 03:34 PM

> I even watch this guy videos as well. TNT Amusements Inc
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyjs8rzlagt8XfWxdPQnVRw

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Any fans of John's Arcade Tech and Reviews? new [Re: Sune]
#331657 - 09/12/14 07:57 AM

> Cool, but is he always that hyper? Someone should ask him to smoke a fatty instead of downing 12 espressos before filming.

from

Quote:

...I can imagine how bad it was at Christmas time, let alone Christmas morning, in his house. Where he gets that much breath I don't know.

Also, his basement arcade is about average for one. There's plenty of folks who have many more machines in their home arcades. They're far less visible and all, intentionally. But just go to KLOV and look round.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

#331954 - 09/17/14 07:01 PM

he's ok, nice dude just hyper. i interact with him from time to time. i usually poke fun at how ridiculously long and unedited his videos are and we used to play sound clips in IRC of him saying things like "we're in the GURRAGE AGAIN!!"

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Any fans of John's Arcade Tech and Reviews? new [Re: yaggy]
#333781 - 10/25/14 03:46 AM

Latest John's Arcade video is really good! Goes to an arcade and goes over tons of cabinets with his friends, talking about why they do or don't like that particular game. Some real lost classics are shown and highlighted! Check it out if you can spare some time. Man I envy this guy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU6OG3R3txU

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#333785 - 10/25/14 05:09 AM

> Latest John's Arcade video is really good! Goes to an arcade and goes over tons of
> cabinets with his friends, talking about why they do or don't like that particular
> game. Some real lost classics are shown and highlighted! Check it out if you can
> spare some time. Man I envy this guy!

I don't get it. The camerawork is terrible, they hardly say anything about the games besides whether they owned them or wish they did.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 457 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2457