MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Uhm.... gaming.... Ico.... Uhm.......
#330936 - 08/30/14 08:06 PM Attachment: icolor.jpg 111 KB (0 downloads)

I have barely played any game since January 2013, for a variety of reasons. I still look at game reviews or stories related to gaming/emulation, but nothing really catches my attention. However, today I was reading about Ico and damn, it really makes me want to fix one of my PS2s and replay it. One of the best gaming experiences in my life, and a game that I can't recommend enough.

It might even make me try to run one of those PS2 emus to see if it runs well.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Uhm.... gaming.... Ico.... Uhm....... new [Re: Pi]
#330939 - 08/30/14 08:27 PM

They have it in a pack with Shadow of the Colossus for PS3... I've got it. Yes. Nice game.

eta: And of course... That theme song!

Edited by Tomu Breidah (08/30/14 08:29 PM)

LEVEL-4

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: Uhm.... gaming.... Ico.... Uhm....... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#330942 - 08/30/14 09:33 PM

> They have it in a pack with Shadow of the Colossus for PS3... I've got it. Yes. Nice
> game.

Yes I know but I am sure I'll not be getting a PS3 just for an HD version of a game, no matter how much I like the game.

> eta: And of course... That theme song!

"You Were There" is now among my favourite songs. The rest of the OST is barely music, more like ambient sound, but it's great for background when working.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#330949 - 08/31/14 12:05 AM

> I have barely played any game since January 2013, for a variety of reasons. I still
> look at game reviews or stories related to gaming/emulation, but nothing really
> catches my attention. However, today I was reading about Ico and damn, it really
> makes me want to fix one of my PS2s and replay it. One of the best gaming experiences
> in my life, and a game that I can't recommend enough.
>
> It might even make me try to run one of those PS2 emus to see if it runs well.

IIRC it's playable in PCSX2.

I finished it on the real thing...great, captivating game. Shadow of the Colossus was awesome as well, I gave up about halfway through that though, when it started feeling like "work" lol

The only PS2 game I still play once in a while is Katamari Damacy.

S

Pr3tty F1y
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/05
Send PM

Re: Uhm.... gaming.... Ico.... Uhm....... new [Re: Sune]
#330971 - 08/31/14 03:18 PM

> > I have barely played any game since January 2013, for a variety of reasons. I still
> > look at game reviews or stories related to gaming/emulation, but nothing really
> > catches my attention. However, today I was reading about Ico and damn, it really
> > makes me want to fix one of my PS2s and replay it. One of the best gaming
> experiences
> > in my life, and a game that I can't recommend enough.
> >
> > It might even make me try to run one of those PS2 emus to see if it runs well.
>
> IIRC it's playable in PCSX2.
>
> I finished it on the real thing...great, captivating game. Shadow of the Colossus was
> awesome as well, I gave up about halfway through that though, when it started feeling
> like "work" lol
>
> The only PS2 game I still play once in a while is Katamari Damacy.
>
> S

Never had a PS2, but finished it on a PCSX2 a year or two ago. Ran great then, should have no issues now unless there was a regression.

Definitely one of the best games ever made. Found a shorter but somewhat similar-ish game earlier this year in Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (dual-analog joystick highly recommended). I'd definitely recommend it if you like Ico.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#330973 - 08/31/14 03:24 PM

> > They have it in a pack with Shadow of the Colossus for PS3... I've got it. Yes.
> Nice
> > game.
>
> Yes I know but I am sure I'll not be getting a PS3 just for an HD version of a game,
> no matter how much I like the game.
>

Just to note... I think there was one section/area that was changed in the HD remake. The place where you use a machine to catapult you upward, and there are pipes near the ceiling where you have to traverse by hand. I think they changed those pipes.... Not having played the original PS2 version -I'm not sure exactly what was changed or why.

LEVEL-4

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: Uhm.... gaming.... Ico.... Uhm....... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#330974 - 08/31/14 05:14 PM

> Just to note... I think there was one section/area that was changed in the HD remake.
> The place where you use a machine to catapult you upward, and there are pipes near
> the ceiling where you have to traverse by hand. I think they changed those pipes....
> Not having played the original PS2 version -I'm not sure exactly what was changed or
> why.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

How could they have done that!!!! That was the very best part of the game, there resides the spirit of the whole thing!!!!! They have ruined one of the best games ever, a piece of art turned to dust!!!!!! You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

I'm quitting the sk3n3.

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

#330979 - 08/31/14 08:34 PM

> I'm quitting the sk3n3.

On a second thought, it doesn't matter at all. Not quitting the sk3n3. Poor you.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#330992 - 09/01/14 01:03 AM Attachment: Gaius_Cry.jpg 114 KB (0 downloads)

> > I'm quitting the sk3n3.
>
> On a second thought, it doesn't matter at all. Not quitting the sk3n3. Poor you.

Drat...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 282 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1638