MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

RetroFan4554
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/20/14
Send PM

Star Wars Battle front 3 to be released next year, capturing textures from the original movie models and locations, interesting video
#329472 - 08/07/14 04:22 PM

The Imperial Walkers at 1:29 need a bit of work, they look a bit plastic-ish, everything else looked very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVezvBSfB4c

I am the original retro game dork.

RetroFan4554
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Star Wars Battle front 3 to be released next year, capturing textures from the original movie models and location, interesting video new [Re: RetroFan4554]
#329474 - 08/07/14 04:31 PM

> The Imperial Walkers need a bit of work, they look a bit plastic-ish, everything else
> looked very good.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVezvBSfB4c

I can't wait until PC's and consoles and the arcade can really start pushing some geometry, like do the animation like in the movie Independence Day, in real time which they can't do yet, massive real life looking animation. The PSX game of the movie was pretty cool, imagine playing it, fighting the forces of evil in their huge crafts with movie animation on a big LCD screen, can't wait until animation gets to that level, i am guessing it is 10 years away.

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Star Wars Battle front 3 to be released next year, capturing textures from the original movie models and locations, interesting video new [Re: RetroFan4554]
#329476 - 08/07/14 05:23 PM

> The Imperial Walkers at 1:29 need a bit of work, they look a bit plastic-ish,
> everything else looked very good.

Of course they look like plastic. They are just shaded polygons, without textures. Remember that promo video is a "making of", so really not much is complete yet.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

This has so much to do with EmuChat *nt* new [Re: RetroFan4554]
#329485 - 08/07/14 08:05 PM

RetroFan4554
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Star Wars Battle front 3 to be released next year, capturing textures from the original movie models and locations, interesting video new [Re: Pi]
#329512 - 08/08/14 02:47 AM

> > The Imperial Walkers at 1:29 need a bit of work, they look a bit plastic-ish,
> > everything else looked very good.
>
> Of course they look like plastic. They are just shaded polygons, without textures.
> Remember that promo video is a "making of", so really not much is complete yet.

The rest of the footage looked excellent. But i won't be convinced until i see some gameplay footage, a lot of games have nice video footage, in some games it is from the game and in others it is not.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 492 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2245