MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Why does food get better tasting when you're on a diet.
#328981 - 07/31/14 05:36 PM

Ugh. I need to drop 20 pounds... so much pressure to keep up with my hottie wife, right? Pshh. I'm losing my hair... getting a paunch belly... I think I'm getting shorter too. So I'm on a diet to tighen things up... I'm 20 pounds over the top-end of my ideal body weight... so says some quack with a medical degree.

And suddenly everything tastes so fuckin' yummy!

My son's left over pizza crust.

The potato chips I asked them to hold but they put on my plate anyway.

The free soft serve ice cream at the deli.

The trail mix with a sinfully large proportion of M&M's.

The Fruit Loops in the cupboard... with whole milk.

I took sooooo much for granted. :\

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Why does food get better tasting when you're on a diet. new [Re: GatKong]
#328983 - 07/31/14 05:53 PM

> Ugh. I need to drop 20 pounds... so much pressure to keep up with my hottie wife,
> right? Pshh. I'm losing my hair... getting a paunch belly... I think I'm getting
> shorter too. So I'm on a diet to tighen things up... I'm 20 pounds over the top-end
> of my ideal body weight... so says some quack with a medical degree.
>
> And suddenly everything tastes so fuckin' yummy!
>
> My son's left over pizza crust.
>
> The potato chips I asked them to hold but they put on my plate anyway.
>
> The free soft serve ice cream at the deli.
>
> The trail mix with a sinfully large proportion of M&M's.
>
> The Fruit Loops in the cupboard... with whole milk.
>
> I took sooooo much for granted. :\

The opposite happened to me earlier this month on a 7 day trip to Vegas/Grand Canyon. By the time I got home, I just wanted a God damned salad.

If you want to drop some quick weight, wait until the afternoon on a day it's too hot to go to the water park, then go running outside without water
until you nearly pass out. If you pass out, you've gone too far. You could drop 5-10lbs this way. Good luck!

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Why does food get better tasting when you're on a diet. new [Re: Gor]
#328986 - 07/31/14 06:32 PM

> > Ugh. I need to drop 20 pounds... so much pressure to keep up with my hottie wife,
> > right? Pshh. I'm losing my hair... getting a paunch belly... I think I'm getting
> > shorter too. So I'm on a diet to tighen things up... I'm 20 pounds over the top-end
> > of my ideal body weight... so says some quack with a medical degree.
> >
> > And suddenly everything tastes so fuckin' yummy!
> >
> > My son's left over pizza crust.
> >
> > The potato chips I asked them to hold but they put on my plate anyway.
> >
> > The free soft serve ice cream at the deli.
> >
> > The trail mix with a sinfully large proportion of M&M's.
> >
> > The Fruit Loops in the cupboard... with whole milk.
> >
> > I took sooooo much for granted. :\
>
> The opposite happened to me earlier this month on a 7 day trip to Vegas/Grand Canyon.
> By the time I got home, I just wanted a God damned salad.
>
> If you want to drop some quick weight, wait until the afternoon on a day it's too hot
> to go to the water park, then go running outside without water
> until you nearly pass out. If you pass out, you've gone too far. You could drop
> 5-10lbs this way. Good luck!

That's a quick fix, but not something that will last. You need that water. More of it might even be better.

But I'm still probably 100 pounds overweight, so... yeah.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Why does food get better tasting when you're on a diet. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#328988 - 07/31/14 08:55 PM Attachment: stay-hydrated.jpg 110 KB (0 downloads)

> > If you want to drop some quick weight, wait until the afternoon on a day it's too
> hot
> > to go to the water park, then go running outside without water
> > until you nearly pass out. If you pass out, you've gone too far. You could drop
> > 5-10lbs this way. Good luck!
>
> That's a quick fix, but not something that will last. You need that water. More of it
> might even be better.
>
> But I'm still probably 100 pounds overweight, so... yeah.

This advice was the result of recent real life experience: 10 miler at 7a.m. in the mid-70's, overcast, very humid.
I started to feel sluggish around mile 8 and had to walk some before finishing a lot slower than I started. Over
the duration of the run, I drank about 40oz, which seemed reasonable for the temp, distance, and lack of sun.

Back at home, I weighed 5.5lbs less than when I left but felt reasonably good. The weight loss was neither
planned, nor desired. A few hours later, I felt not so good. By evening, I had a temp of 101.5 and felt pretty
shitty. That shitty feeling extended into the afternoon of the next day and included sore kidneys.

I would highly not recommend this approach to weight loss.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#329001 - 08/01/14 12:45 AM

> > > If you want to drop some quick weight, wait until the afternoon on a day it's too
> > hot
> > > to go to the water park, then go running outside without water
> > > until you nearly pass out. If you pass out, you've gone too far. You could drop
> > > 5-10lbs this way. Good luck!
> >
> > That's a quick fix, but not something that will last. You need that water. More of
> it
> > might even be better.
> >
> > But I'm still probably 100 pounds overweight, so... yeah.
>
> This advice was the result of recent real life experience: 10 miler at 7a.m. in the
> mid-70's, overcast, very humid.
> I started to feel sluggish around mile 8 and had to walk some before finishing a lot
> slower than I started. Over
> the duration of the run, I drank about 40oz, which seemed reasonable for the temp,
> distance, and lack of sun.

So, during the run, you stopped off for a 40?

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Why does food get better tasting when you're on a diet. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#329006 - 08/01/14 01:17 AM

@Gor: yeah, you fuckin heat-exhausted yourself. And there's a fine line between heat exhaustion and heat stroke.

So, like Trig said, drink more water. Always drink more water. Drink nothing else.

If you really want to be FIT, you don't 'diet'. You [[alter your diet]]. You want to find your metabolic type, so you can normalize your body. Then train a little every day. If you want a little more info - and really it is only a little, cos it don't take that much, I'm the hall of fame of living fucking proof - ask openly, or just PM me.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#329046 - 08/01/14 04:15 PM

> > This advice was the result of recent real life experience: 10 miler at 7a.m. in the
> > mid-70's, overcast, very humid.
> > I started to feel sluggish around mile 8 and had to walk some before finishing a
> lot
> > slower than I started. Over
> > the duration of the run, I drank about 40oz, which seemed reasonable for the temp,
> > distance, and lack of sun.
>
> So, during the run, you stopped off for a 40?

Yeah, nothing like a cold Colt 45 to keep you going.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Why does food get better tasting when you're on a diet. new [Re: Traso]
#329049 - 08/01/14 04:20 PM

> @Gor: yeah, you fuckin heat-exhausted yourself. And there's a fine line between heat
> exhaustion and heat stroke.
>
> So, like Trig said, drink more water. Always drink more water. Drink nothing else.
>

Yeah, lesson learned. This wasn't an issue last summer, but I'm a lot faster now, and I guess I sweat a lot more as a result.
Since that run, I've been using my 70oz CamelBak on anything I think is going to take more than an hour.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#329055 - 08/01/14 05:29 PM Attachment: colt-45-malt-liquor.jpg 9 KB (0 downloads)

> > > This advice was the result of recent real life experience: 10 miler at 7a.m. in
> the
> > > mid-70's, overcast, very humid.
> > > I started to feel sluggish around mile 8 and had to walk some before finishing a
> > lot
> > > slower than I started. Over
> > > the duration of the run, I drank about 40oz, which seemed reasonable for the
> temp,
> > > distance, and lack of sun.
> >
> > So, during the run, you stopped off for a 40?
>
> Yeah, nothing like a cold Colt 45 to keep you going.

While the classic ad is nice, I meant something more like...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#329061 - 08/01/14 06:36 PM

> > > So, during the run, you stopped off for a 40?
> >
> > Yeah, nothing like a cold Colt 45 to keep you going.
>
> ...
>
> While the classic ad is nice, I meant something more like...

I was originally leaning in this direction

then I remembered Lando and Colt 45, but all I could find was the ad with the can.

Maybe this works.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#329078 - 08/01/14 10:40 PM

> Yeah, lesson learned...Since that run, I've been using my 70oz CamelBak on anything I think is going to take more than an hour.

Groovy. Not that you should ever run, cos you don't ever need to run, and certainly not more than twenty-thirty minutes, as the benefit plateaus and for a good spell.....

But, yeah, any physical activity in heat, I have water with me, no matter the time period. I carry a quart around with me through the store and stuff. I got it right here with me.

And I'll amend my statement about drinking nothing but water. I have for pretty much years - but if you're going to drink other things, definitely whole juices, perhaps with a touch of salt in hot weather.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Why does food get better tasting when you're on a diet. new [Re: GatKong]
#329785 - 08/12/14 02:00 PM

> Ugh. I need to drop 20 pounds... so much pressure to keep up with my hottie wife,
> right? Pshh. I'm losing my hair... getting a paunch belly... I think I'm getting
> shorter too. So I'm on a diet to tighen things up... I'm 20 pounds over the top-end
> of my ideal body weight... so says some quack with a medical degree.
>
> And suddenly everything tastes so fuckin' yummy!
>
> My son's left over pizza crust.
>
> The potato chips I asked them to hold but they put on my plate anyway.
>
> The free soft serve ice cream at the deli.
>
> The trail mix with a sinfully large proportion of M&M's.
>
> The Fruit Loops in the cupboard... with whole milk.
>
> I took sooooo much for granted. :\

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#329788 - 08/12/14 03:02 PM

> (video)

Heart attack at 32? Really? Hi, I seem to have missed mine by a decade and change.

(Currently wondering if I should buy 2X pants to replace the 4X ones I bought not long ago, or wait for a couple more sizes.)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#329811 - 08/12/14 09:11 PM

> Heart attack at 32? Really? Hi, I seem to have missed mine by a decade and change.
>
> (Currently wondering if I should buy 2X pants to replace the 4X ones I bought not long ago, or wait for a couple more sizes.)

Hits people at different ages. I think my grandpa had one around then, and he was thin. Seriously stressful life. May've been precipitated by rheumatic fever as a child/adolescent.

I've been sitting on my ass for most of the day, for the last twelve years. Yet I'm fitter than many people who go to the gym every day. Genes? Active childhood? Yes. But it's my current diet and training routine that do it up. And it's the simplest, most effective scheme. (Yeah, go ahead and play on that one.)

However, if I passed it along to everyone, then there'd surely be WAY too many people on the planet.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 337 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2150