View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Finally finished How I Met Your Mother
#328668 - 07/26/14 10:22 AM Attachment: Konachan.com - 77739 kanojo_x_kanojo_x_kanojo naked_apron.jpg 590 KB (0 downloads)

The series was recommended to me by a couple exactly like Lily & Marshall in the series. After so many years (like 23 or 24) together they're still the best couple I know of.

So now I make the recommendation. The characters are great, and intrincate stories spanning different episodes in different seasons are greatly put together. Comedy classics are shown in new original ways. It's not only a funny sitcom, but it's very regular with very few mediocre episodes. I think almost all of the episodes were high quality in laughs and drama/tender moments (without getting disgustingly sugary). The creators of the series always kept the heading firm towards what they wanted to do and it's clearly seen even in the last seasons.

The finale season was no exception with great episodes even when you know what is going to happen. You just don't expect *how* is it going to happen. The last two episodes were great, if not in laughs, yes in quality, easily being two of the best episodes in the entire series.

While it's not my fav sitcom, I'd put it among the top five. So if you don't know "what to watch next" and nothing currently airing attracts you, How I Met Your Mother is IMHO a great choice.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Finally finished How I Met Your Mother new [Re: Pi]
#328690 - 07/26/14 07:38 PM

> The series was recommended to me by a couple exactly like Lily & Marshall in the series. After so many years (like 23 or 24) together they're still the best couple I know of.

There are actually people like that?? Jesus, I watched a few minutes of it at my parents' house, one of the I'm guessing ubiquitous bar scenes where they explain the premise of the story, and I immediately felt dumbness settle over me. Doogie, how did you get so dumb??

Will and Grace may've been the last decent sitcom....but seriously, if folks weren't such pansies, if they realized that proprieties are for the meek, then all that shit wouldn't be on TV. HEY - there'd be no TV!

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Finally finished 'How I Raped Your Mother' -by Smitdogg [nt] new [Re: Pi]
#328706 - 07/27/14 04:39 AM

somebody had to do it.

LEVEL-4

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Finally finished 'How I Raped Your Mother' -by Smitdogg [nt] new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#328708 - 07/27/14 05:16 AM

> somebody had to do it.

That somebody was probably Smit.

//It's just not the same.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Check this out. new [Re: Pi]
#328713 - 07/27/14 06:06 AM Attachment: anime-girl-barbie-doll-makeup.jpg 124 KB (0 downloads)

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Check this out. new [Re: Dullaron]
#328752 - 07/27/14 07:50 PM

Creepy(I think). Somethings just not right about that photo. Remind me of Fem-bots...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

JWJr
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/15/04
Send PM

#328776 - 07/28/14 01:14 AM

> The series was recommended to me by a couple exactly like Lily & Marshall in the
> series. After so many years (like 23 or 24) together they're still the best couple I
> know of.
>
> So now I make the recommendation. The characters are great, and intrincate stories
> spanning different episodes in different seasons are greatly put together. Comedy
> classics are shown in new original ways. It's not only a funny sitcom, but it's very
> regular with very few mediocre episodes. I think almost all of the episodes were high
> quality in laughs and drama/tender moments (without getting disgustingly sugary). The
> creators of the series always kept the heading firm towards what they wanted to do
> and it's clearly seen even in the last seasons.
>
> The finale season was no exception with great episodes even when you know what is
> going to happen. You just don't expect *how* is it going to happen. The last two
> episodes were great, if not in laughs, yes in quality, easily being two of the best
> episodes in the entire series.
>
> While it's not my fav sitcom, I'd put it among the top five. So if you don't know
> "what to watch next" and nothing currently airing attracts you, How I Met Your Mother
> is IMHO a great choice.

We would have agreed with you completely, had we not watched the last two minutes of the series finale; that last two minutes ruined the entire series for us, and made it unwatchable in reruns. I don't think I've ever been as angry with the ending of a TV series (with the possible exception of "Lost"). -JW

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Check this out. new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#328786 - 07/28/14 06:03 AM

> Creepy(I think). Somethings just not right about that photo. Remind me of Fem-bots...

They have a thin body. No butt. Now that is even more creepy. Not kidding about them.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Finally finished How I Met Your Mother new [Re: JWJr]
#328791 - 07/28/14 09:12 AM Attachment: [a Humio] humio-048UBW.jpg 444 KB (0 downloads)

> We would have agreed with you completely, had we not watched the last two minutes of
> the series finale; that last two minutes ruined the entire series for us, and made it
> unwatchable in reruns. I don't think I've ever been as angry with the ending of a TV
> series (with the possible exception of "Lost"). -JW

I think the two last minutes give meaning to the entire series, and that if you take the series name literally it all makes sense. If after that you watch just a bit of the very first episode, you understand why the whole story starts there, and why the show wasn't called "How I Met One Of The Most Important Woman In My Life" and wasn't 5 whole seasons shorter.

Really, in most of the stories throughout the series, they tell you the ending beforehand, yet you still get unexpected things. And you thought you knew how the ending would be and again it was unexpected. While it's not going to be the best series ending ever, it's much superior to the usual "oh it's the last episode, everyone be happy, bye".

It makes much more sense than the red boots ^_^

Attachment

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Finally finished How I Met Your Mother new [Re: JWJr]
#328807 - 07/28/14 02:42 PM

> We would have agreed with you completely, had we not watched the last two minutes of
> the series finale; that last two minutes ruined the entire series for us, and made it
> unwatchable in reruns. I don't think I've ever been as angry with the ending of a TV
> series (with the possible exception of "Lost"). -JW

Agreed. The ending as it happened basically nullifies 3 or 4 seasons worth of character progression and resets us back to S1E1. (I have a similar problem with the reset button in the Veronica Mars movie, but that's another story).

JWJr
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/15/04
Send PM

#328828 - 07/28/14 08:12 PM

> > We would have agreed with you completely, had we not watched the last two minutes
> of
> > the series finale; that last two minutes ruined the entire series for us, and made
> it
> > unwatchable in reruns. I don't think I've ever been as angry with the ending of a
> TV
> > series (with the possible exception of "Lost"). -JW
>
> I think the two last minutes give meaning to the entire series, and that if you take
> the series name literally it all makes sense. If after that you watch just a bit of
> the very first episode, you understand why the whole story starts there, and why the
> show wasn't called "How I Met One Of The Most Important Woman In My Life" and wasn't
> 5 whole seasons shorter.

I might have bought that if the last scene had featured Bob Sagat, who voiced the now-Ted throughout the series. But given Ted's last big speech, the show should have been called "Why You Should Let Me Smitdogg Your Aunt Robin", and even that was made ridiculous by having the kids be so just completely OK with it that any sane father relating this years-long story would have realized that long ago. -JW

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2276