View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

mike20599
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/14/08
Send PM

registry monitor?
#328097 - 07/11/14 09:30 PM

Does anyone know of some good software that monitors your registry and keeps track of all the entries made when you install other stuff? So you will be able to completely remove everything when you uninstall it.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: registry monitor? new [Re: mike20599]
#328105 - 07/12/14 12:39 AM

You probably could pull it off with this

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

I usually use virtalbox and then when I am done blow away the snapshot. Way easier cleanup...

big10p
Arcadian
Reged: 03/13/14
Loc: UK
Send PM

#328109 - 07/12/14 01:24 AM

Revo uninstaller.

Waremonger
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

#328113 - 07/12/14 05:21 AM

> Does anyone know of some good software that monitors your registry and keeps track of
> all the entries made when you install other stuff? So you will be able to completely
> remove everything when you uninstall it.

I used to use Ashampoo Uninstaller back in the stone ages. Nowadays I use Sandboxie.

I haven't used Ashampoo Uninstaller in probably six or seven years but it worked well when I used it. It basically captures every change made to the file system and registry while a program is installing. IIRC you could also have it do a capture while the program was running just to catch any registry entries that are created when the program is first run.

Sandboxie used to be an awesome tool, but when it made the jump from version 3.76 to version 4.02 it took a hit in compatibility. Then the developer sold it to a company called Invincea, a company that develops commercial sandbox solutions. So far they haven't done much with Sandboxie. It's still a great program and I use it a lot. It used to work so well that I could Sandbox games and then flush the Sandbox when I was done with them - for instance I sandboxed the Battlefield 3 Beta way back when (under v3.76) and then when the beta was over I flushed the sandbox and it was like it was never on my system. I did it with lots of games. Unfortunately, the current version (v4.12) has a much more difficult time sandboxing games and other "heavy lifters", but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try as there is a free version that limits you to one sandbox.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: registry monitor? new [Re: big10p]
#328156 - 07/14/14 06:27 AM

> Revo uninstaller.

I recently found this, and it immediately came to mind - but I don't know as it has a TSR function, let alone reports/notifies.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1368