View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Send PM

SDLMame OpenGL Cursor
#328066 - 07/11/14 06:53 AM

So I'm playing around with the GLSL in SDLMame. But, when it launches the cursor is moved to the center of the screen and doesn't go away until the mouse is moved. If I change the ini files' VIDEO option to SOFTWARE then it doesn't happen. I'm running in full screen mode. I've tried the -nomouse & -noui_mouse as a parameter too.

Is there a way to keep the cursor hidden while using opengl?

Thanks!

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: SDLMame OpenGL Cursor new [Re: lamprey]
#328258 - 07/17/14 12:04 AM

Maybe I should start a new thread for this, but in the same vein as trying to get rid of the cursor.... Does anyone know if this is a compilation option when building SDLMame?

I've tried several versions of SDLMame and they all have a cursor sitting in the middle of the screen when using OpenGL (until you move the mouse of course). Ideally, I’d like to add the no loading message/no border/no nag/hi score diff too.

That aside, I can get MAME to compile with no problems. I was going to try building SDLMame, but I don't have the 64 bit SDL binaries. And, according to the Mame Dev Tools page, the SDL team doesn't supply those, so you have to build SDL yourself. Does anyone have a link to those binaries or go they come in any packages that can be linked to? Or, even some more in depth instructions for windows compilation of SDLMame would be helpful.

Thanks!

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#328259 - 07/17/14 12:21 AM

I tried a couple SDLMAME builds, including SDLUME from Haze and didn't see any cursor in any SDL build.

What video card and video drivers are you using ? What MAME build 32-bits or 64-bits ?

I have a eVGA GeForce GTX570 with drivers v337.88; using Win7 SP1 64-bits and all 64-bits builds for SDLMAME.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

SoltanGris42
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/16/13
Send PM

#328260 - 07/17/14 12:23 AM

I'm not going to be much help with any of your problems, unfortunately.

For the cursor showing up: that doesn't happen to me at all. Not on a Win7 system with Nvidia Graphics. And not on Win8.1 with Intel Graphics (Surface Pro 3). I'm not sure why you're getting this...

For the SDL issue: you're looking for a compiled 64bit SDL.dll? I'm not sure I ever compiled it myself. You can grab one from Haze's WIP page where he has posted some SDL builds recently (edit: the sdl.dll is included in the archive with the mame/mess binaries):

http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/

You don't need anything else but the headers and then this dll to run the binary, do you? I set up my build system so long ago I don't remember if I needed some other files in /lib but I don't think so?

Other than that, compiling sdlmame/sdlmess is just as easy as mame/mess:

"make TARGET=mess OSD=sdl -j5"

or whatever

> Maybe I should start a new thread for this, but in the same vein as trying to get rid
> of the cursor.... Does anyone know if this is a compilation option when building
> SDLMame?
>
> I've tried several versions of SDLMame and they all have a cursor sitting in the
> middle of the screen when using OpenGL (until you move the mouse of course). Ideally,
> I’d like to add the no loading message/no border/no nag/hi score diff too.
>
> That aside, I can get MAME to compile with no problems. I was going to try building
> SDLMame, but I don't have the 64 bit SDL binaries. And, according to the Mame Dev
> Tools page, the SDL team doesn't supply those, so you have to build SDL yourself.
> Does anyone have a link to those binaries or go they come in any packages that can be
> linked to? Or, even some more in depth instructions for windows compilation of
> SDLMame would be helpful.
>
>
> Thanks!

Edited by SoltanGris42 (07/17/14 12:27 AM)

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#328261 - 07/17/14 12:37 AM

> Maybe I should start a new thread for this, but in the same vein as trying to get rid
> of the cursor.... Does anyone know if this is a compilation option when building
> SDLMame?
>
> I've tried several versions of SDLMame and they all have a cursor sitting in the
> middle of the screen when using OpenGL (until you move the mouse of course). Ideally,
> I’d like to add the no loading message/no border/no nag/hi score diff too.
>
> That aside, I can get MAME to compile with no problems. I was going to try building
> SDLMame, but I don't have the 64 bit SDL binaries. And, according to the Mame Dev
> Tools page, the SDL team doesn't supply those, so you have to build SDL yourself.
> Does anyone have a link to those binaries or go they come in any packages that can be
> linked to? Or, even some more in depth instructions for windows compilation of
> SDLMame would be helpful.
>
>
> Thanks!

Is it the orange pointer? You can turn that off in the mame.ini

ui_mouse 0

If it white then I don't know then.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: SDLMame OpenGL Cursor new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#328262 - 07/17/14 12:47 AM

> I tried a couple SDLMAME builds, including SDLUME from Haze and didn't see any cursor
> in any SDL build.
>
> What video card and video drivers are you using ? What MAME build 32-bits or 64-bits
> ?
>
> I have a eVGA GeForce GTX570 with drivers v337.88; using Win7 SP1 64-bits and all
> 64-bits builds for SDLMAME.

Weird..

I'll have to check on the exact versions when I get home. However, my cab machine is running Win7 x64 and an nVidia 7 series card. I have 4 other computers I've tested this on all Win7 x64 with various different nVidia cards ranging from a 4 series to 7 series (minus a 5 series).

The build I can actually remember how to get to is the "UME/MAME/MESS split 0.153ex5 Windows *SDL* binaries – 64-bit" build here (at least I'm 90% sure that's the package I downloaded, again I'll have to check):
http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2014/06/22/ume-0-153ex5/

Dullaron
Send PM

#328263 - 07/17/14 01:06 AM

> > I tried a couple SDLMAME builds, including SDLUME from Haze and didn't see any
> cursor
> > in any SDL build.
> >
> > What video card and video drivers are you using ? What MAME build 32-bits or
> 64-bits
> > ?
> >
> > I have a eVGA GeForce GTX570 with drivers v337.88; using Win7 SP1 64-bits and all
> > 64-bits builds for SDLMAME.
>
> Weird..
>
> I'll have to check on the exact versions when I get home. However, my cab machine is
> running Win7 x64 and an nVidia 7 series card. I have 4 other computers I've tested
> this on all Win7 x64 with various different nVidia cards ranging from a 4 series to 7
> series (minus a 5 series).
>
> The build I can actually remember how to get to is the "UME/MAME/MESS split 0.153ex5
> Windows *SDL* binaries – 64-bit" build here (at least I'm 90% sure that's the package
> I downloaded, again I'll have to check):
> http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2014/06/22/ume-0-153ex5/

Haze put up another build. Check on the next one out.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: SDLMame OpenGL Cursor new [Re: Dullaron]
#328264 - 07/17/14 02:01 AM

>
> Is it the orange pointer? You can turn that off in the mame.ini
>
> ui_mouse 0
>
> If it white then I don't know then.

No, it was the white one.

*sigh*

If this helps anyone else, I'm not sure what exactly the affect is, bit my cursor issue was solved by adding a 3D "profile" in the nVidia control panel.

Go to 3D Settings / Mange 3D settings on the left navigation pane. Then select the Program Settings tab and add the SDLMame binary. I didn't change any settings. But, after I did that the cursor no longer appears after launching SDLMame....?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#328266 - 07/17/14 03:46 AM

The tools packages currently supplied include everything necessary to build SDLMAME, 32 or 64 bit. Just make OSD=sdl (your usual options here).

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: SDLMame OpenGL Cursor new [Re: R. Belmont]
#328269 - 07/17/14 07:14 AM

> The tools packages currently supplied include everything necessary to build SDLMAME,
> 32 or 64 bit. Just make OSD=sdl (your usual options here).

Perfect! Thanks!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#328281 - 07/17/14 04:58 PM

> > The tools packages currently supplied include everything necessary to build
> SDLMAME,
> > 32 or 64 bit. Just make OSD=sdl (your usual options here).
>
> Perfect! Thanks!

I checked in a change last night that fixes GLSL problems for many games that switch resolutions; Sonic 2 no longer is half-height after you exit 2-player split screen, for instance. Castlevania on the Genesis remains screwy for some reason.

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

#328305 - 07/18/14 01:14 AM

> >
> > Is it the orange pointer? You can turn that off in the mame.ini
> >
> > ui_mouse 0
> >
> > If it white then I don't know then.
>
> No, it was the white one.
>
> *sigh*
>
> If this helps anyone else, I'm not sure what exactly the affect is, bit my cursor
> issue was solved by adding a 3D "profile" in the nVidia control panel.
>
> Go to 3D Settings / Mange 3D settings on the left navigation pane. Then select the
> Program Settings tab and add the SDLMame binary. I didn't change any settings. But,
> after I did that the cursor no longer appears after launching SDLMame....?

I spoke too fast.

I was trying out some settings today to try and get rid of the audio popping, and it seems that creating an nVidia profile did nothing.

The way I can consistently repro the issue on my workstation by launching SDLMame with a cmd window and if it is the only window "up" on my desktop then the cursor doesn't appear. Other windows don't seem to bother it either. However, I noted a correlation when having an IE browser up. It seems that some browser windows have an affect snd some don't. I can't tell if it's flash or an animated gif (like the Graemlins when responding to a message here) or what. Probably seems pretty crazy, but I can repo it every time.

I thought that was interesting, so I tried it on my cabinet and the cursor always appears regardless of what windows are up or not.

So at this point I'm baffled. The key differences are that my workstation has a GTX650 vs GTX760 in my cabinet. The nVidia driver are both the latest WHQL drivers: 337.88. My workstation has more stuff installed on it, so I don't know if some random install is having an affect or not.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to pass them along.

Cheers!

Dullaron
Send PM

#328306 - 07/18/14 01:41 AM

> I spoke too fast.
>
> I was trying out some settings today to try and get rid of the audio popping, and it
> seems that creating an nVidia profile did nothing.
>
> The way I can consistently repro the issue on my workstation by launching SDLMame
> with a cmd window and if it is the only window "up" on my desktop then the cursor
> doesn't appear. Other windows don't seem to bother it either. However, I noted a
> correlation when having an IE browser up. It seems that some browser windows have an
> affect snd some don't. I can't tell if it's flash or an animated gif (like the
> Graemlins when responding to a message here) or what. Probably seems pretty crazy,
> but I can repo it every time.
>
> I thought that was interesting, so I tried it on my cabinet and the cursor always
> appears regardless of what windows are up or not.
>
> So at this point I'm baffled. The key differences are that my workstation has a
> GTX650 vs GTX760 in my cabinet. The nVidia driver are both the latest WHQL drivers:
> 337.88. My workstation has more stuff installed on it, so I don't know if some random
> install is having an affect or not.
>
>
> If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to pass them along.
>
> Cheers!

What frontend are you using? Just wondering.

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: SDLMame OpenGL Cursor new [Re: Dullaron]
#328312 - 07/18/14 04:01 AM

>
> What frontend are you using? Just wondering.

I will be using HyperSpin, but currently none. Just launching from a command window. I did try launching from hyperspin to see if that made a difference and it didn't.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2188