MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

Problem with WindowsBorderlessGaming and MAME....
#328007 - 07/10/14 10:26 AM

Hi guys, there's a windows app out there called WindowedBorderlessGaming. It allows you to play any game or app in a borderless window that you can position and scale/stretch to your liking. I've been using it on Elsword and it's pretty awesome. Works with with pretty much every game.

You can read about it here

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming

For those of you familiar with the program, I'm trying it out with MAME and need some help. Although WBG works with mame, unfortunately it doesn't seem to save settings or inject into the emulator when closing and launching a new game. I am required to click the tray icon, go to add window, then click on the MAME window and press F3. Then I can adjust the settings and window position, etc. Problem is I have to do this every time MAME launches a rom. Even if I save the settings, WindowedBorderlessGaming app doesn't inject into a *new* instance of MAME. It saves the settings as MAME: Pac-man or MAME: Streetfighter, etc, as if it's only acknowledging the rom and not the emulator exe. Can you suggest what I need to do to fix this problem?

By the way I'm running Windows 7 64bit and using UME64 latest Haze version. I'm using QMC2 to launch UME64.

Thanks and keep up the good work with making progress on MAME

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Problem with WindowsBorderlessGaming and MAME.... new [Re: Outrun2006]
#328024 - 07/10/14 07:48 PM

> Hi guys, there's a windows app out there called WindowedBorderlessGaming. It allows
> you to play any game or app in a borderless window that you can position and
> scale/stretch to your liking. I've been using it on Elsword and it's pretty awesome.
> Works with with pretty much every game.

I'm curious, are you actually doing Twitch streaming with this (and if so, what's your channel name?) or do you just like the aesthetic? Because we can pretty easily add a borderless option for windowed mode either way, and it would likely be a lot easier than trying to fiddle around with third-party apps.

Longer term I'd like to have one-button Twitch streaming because I think that sort of thing is rapidly becoming Teh Future.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Problem with WindowsBorderlessGaming and MAME.... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#328047 - 07/11/14 12:25 AM

> > Hi guys, there's a windows app out there called WindowedBorderlessGaming. It allows
> > you to play any game or app in a borderless window that you can position and
> > scale/stretch to your liking. I've been using it on Elsword and it's pretty
> awesome.
> > Works with with pretty much every game.
>
> I'm curious, are you actually doing Twitch streaming with this (and if so, what's
> your channel name?) or do you just like the aesthetic? Because we can pretty easily
> add a borderless option for windowed mode either way, and it would likely be a lot
> easier than trying to fiddle around with third-party apps.
>
> Longer term I'd like to have one-button Twitch streaming because I think that sort of
> thing is rapidly becoming Teh Future.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah I've streamed in the past my channel is here

http://www.twitch.tv/isamu99/profile

I haven't been that much due to erratic internet problems but plan on getting back to it in the not too distant future. I use OBS and it;s great.

However the reason behind using WBG isn't because of twitch it's just an aesthetic thing with me. I'm just not fond of a "frame" surrounding any app or game when ran in a window. Just looks tacky.

But yeah if you guys could add a borderless option for windowed mode build into MAME, that would be fantastic Arbee!!

Been playing the shit out of Elsword for the past two months and I'm burnt out on that game(finally). It's a fun game goes great with Castlevania music, but it's very grindy(as are all KMMOs). I'm moving on and ready for some delicious MAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!

GameplayCrush
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/14
Send PM

Re: Problem with WindowsBorderlessGaming and MAME.... new [Re: Outrun2006]
#328116 - 07/12/14 06:23 AM

update to V 1.1.1.5
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming/discussions/0/45350791025726961/

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Problem with WindowsBorderlessGaming and MAME.... new [Re: GameplayCrush]
#328117 - 07/12/14 06:41 AM

Yup, works like a champ now. Thanks GC you rock

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

No snapshot? new [Re: Outrun2006]
#328118 - 07/12/14 07:07 AM

I wonder what it look like.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: No snapshot? new [Re: Dullaron]
#328119 - 07/12/14 08:32 AM

> I wonder what it look like.

>>>>>>

Try it out. It's just a mame window without the outer blue frame, and when tweaked properly, makes it look like it's 100% full screen

bigbluefe
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/14
Send PM

#328365 - 07/20/14 12:32 AM

Borderless window support would be nice, but what would be even more awesome is an official black frame insertion implementation in baseline MAME.

Getting rid of the motion blur is such a huge improvement for fast moving arcade games. Given that CRTs are effectively over, it'd be nice if some work was done to make LCDs more palatable for these games. The image quality with HLSL is awesome, so it's halfway there. The motion is the other half of the problem.

The Asus ROG Swift PG278Q is coming out in a couple of weeks, and it could be a great monitor for MAME if MAME added black frame insertion support for it.

The problem with the existing black frame insertion solutions I've seen is that they just force the game to run at 120hz, but the beauty of those G-Sync monitors is that they can run at exactly double the game's native refresh rate, so you could insert the black frames and still run the games at the right speed.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Problem with WindowsBorderlessGaming and MAME.... new [Re: bigbluefe]
#328431 - 07/21/14 05:25 PM

MAMEdev can't support hardware they don't have (and largely don't want; personally I prefer the immersion of 4:3/3:4 games on my rotatable 4:3 LCDs to anything modern monitors offer, although G-Sync/FreeSync itself is definitely interesting). There's a third-party patch to do black frame insertion that apparently works fine.

bigbluefe
MAME Fan
Send PM

#328433 - 07/21/14 05:38 PM

I'll happily give you a G-Sync monitor if you want to take a look at it. Do you have an Nvidia 600 series video card or better? Send me a PM if you have the video card and want to look at it.

The problem with older 4:3 LCDs is that they're old, slow, and tend to have a lot of input lag. LCDs have improved pretty dramatically since they were making 4:3 panels. Size isn't an issue, either, because the biggest 4:3 LCD is 21", so a 27"+ widescreen LCD is going to give you the same amount of visible space even with black bars on the sides.

The GroovyMAME black frame insertion patch doesn't work correctly. It has audio breakup and stutters. It's just forcing every game to run at 120hz. It'll never work properly for games that don't already run at 60hz natively.

bigbluefe
MAME Fan
Send PM

#328502 - 07/23/14 03:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Problem with WindowsBorderlessGaming and MAME.... new [Re: bigbluefe]
#329415 - 08/06/14 05:06 PM

G-sync monitors are very nice monitors so I would take bigbluefe up on that offer Arbee

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2724