View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Best vectoring tool
#326206 - 05/24/14 07:20 PM

Which is the best vectoring tool or which ones do you guys use to vectorize artworks from a jpeg source? I mean, one that has some sort of auto-vectoring feature to get me started, so I don't have to do everything from scratch.

Antolin
www.VCabinet.es
Reged: 02/07/12
Loc: Spain
Send PM

Re: Best vectoring tool new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#326216 - 05/25/14 01:42 AM

You can use adobe illustrator or corel draw.

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Re: Best vectoring tool new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#326219 - 05/25/14 04:10 AM

I believe Illustrator CS2 was the first AI with the "Live Trace" feature, which is similar to the old Adobe Streamline tracing program. However, ANY tracing program, even if you start with a very sharp and high-contrast high-resolution raster image, is going to introduce some degree of inaccuracy, especially around corners of objects, which it often tends to change to radiused turns. And if the raster image includes halftones or shading, it doesn't handle that well at all, in my experience at least.

Your best bet for 99% of AI work is in mastering the Pen tool. I create artwork for screenprinting every day, and unless the customer isn't picky, I spend almost as much time revising a vector image made with Live Trace as I would have if I had created it from scratch.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2498