View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jasd
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/15/10
Send PM

Good suggestion
#326115 - 05/22/14 03:44 AM

I think Mamedev should stop their any Mame/Mess work during 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil and watch the interesting match,because almost all easy Mame/Mess drivers has been done,the others are hard to emulate,no need do anything...

Edited by jasd (05/22/14 03:47 AM)

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Don't drink and post_nt new [Re: jasd]
#326116 - 05/22/14 04:01 AM

That's my suggestion.

> I think Mamedev should stop their any Mame/Mess work during 2014 FIFA World Cup
> Brazil and watch the interesting match,because almost all easy Mame/Mess drivers has
> been done,the others are hard to emulate,no need do anything...

Roman
Regular
Send PM

Re: Good suggestion new [Re: jasd]
#326118 - 05/22/14 07:20 AM

nah...they can do their coding job since we already know who wins the final...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...ns-9233645.html

Quantum Leaper
OCRer and Monkey Typist for Galaxy Game
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Orion spiral arm of the Milky Way
Send PM

#326120 - 05/22/14 11:06 AM

> I think Mamedev should stop their any Mame/Mess work during 2014 FIFA World Cup
> Brazil and watch the interesting match,because almost all easy Mame/Mess drivers has

Looks like Crime is the only Winner in Brazil this summer... The question is.. can they stop the Crime wave going on right now.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Don't drink and post_nt new [Re: Sune]
#326121 - 05/22/14 11:56 AM

> That's my suggestion.

Hey some of my most epic posts ever are while I'm drunk!

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#326122 - 05/22/14 01:23 PM

I'm form Brazil, and we are NOT happy the World Cup is being hosted here. This is serious, people...

Helth care centers are very precarious and there are not enough hospital beds for sick people and not enough doctors, schools are falling apart, there is no money to invest in law enforcement, and no money to hire more police to keep us safe, jails are super over-crowded with not enough jails (too many criminals I guess), people are getting evicted from their homes so our ?beloved? Brazilian government can spends hundreds of thousands of millions of dollars to built those useless soccer stadiums...

But wait... There is plenty of money to invest in this damn World Cup, but there is no money to invest in more/better hospitals, more schools and give our law enforces better transportation, new weapons, bullet-proof vests, and no money to hire more police officers.
Our Mayor just got hit by a reality stick and publicly said on TV that if he knew this Cup was going to bring so much problems trouble he would have never agreed to host games in our town.

I am so angry with this situation. I for one will not watch a single game and will NOT be part of this World Cup SCAM!

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Don't drink and post_nt new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#326123 - 05/22/14 02:16 PM

> > That's my suggestion.
>
> Hey some of my most epic posts ever are while I'm drunk!

I've seen some of those

S

roscian
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/11/07
Loc: City of Angels
Send PM

#326125 - 05/22/14 05:40 PM

I'm from Los Angeles, California, what's this World Cup thingy you speak of? Oh, the LA Dodgers are doing good this year, just saying.

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/10
Loc: Brasil
Send PM

Re: Good suggestion new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#326129 - 05/22/14 07:56 PM

> I'm form Brazil, and we are NOT happy the World Cup is being hosted here. This is
> serious, people...
>
> Helth care centers are very precarious and there are not enough hospital beds for
> sick people and not enough doctors, schools are falling apart, there is no money to
> invest in law enforcement, and no money to hire more police to keep us safe, jails
> are super over-crowded with not enough jails (too many criminals I guess), people are
> getting evicted from their homes so our ?beloved? Brazilian government can spends
> hundreds of thousands of millions of dollars to built those useless soccer
> stadiums...
>
> But wait... There is plenty of money to invest in this damn World Cup, but there is
> no money to invest in more/better hospitals, more schools and give our law enforces
> better transportation, new weapons, bullet-proof vests, and no money to hire more
> police officers.
> Our Mayor just got hit by a reality stick and publicly said on TV that if he knew
> this Cup was going to bring so much problems trouble he would have never agreed to
> host games in our town.
>
> I am so angry with this situation. I for one will not watch a single game and will
> NOT be part of this World Cup SCAM!

Yeah... what can I say...
Every dictionary made in the world, should have Brasil in the definition for corruption. And we can't even call this a situation, when we are born and raised like this, it becomes a fact of life. There isn't a single way to change things by the book (constitution), and history has shown us what happens to true revolutionaries.

About the world cup, I see it as a good moment (in a very naive point of view at least), for the people to show the world that we really want things to change. But if things went this way, I bet there will be violent infiltrates in the manifestations, so the govern will have an excuse to treat things under martial law. Things will go downhill very fast in this scenario.

The end result will probably be (believing that everything isn't already decided anyway):
Brasil champion: reelection from one of the most corrupted governs I've ever heard of.
Brasil not champion: the same old oligarchy that ever governed this poor/rich country will be back.

Yes, I really believe our people is that dumb.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#326131 - 05/22/14 08:17 PM

The American developers will be working on MAME, as few care about the sport there.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Jdurgi
Regular
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

#326138 - 05/23/14 01:11 AM

> I'm form Brazil, and we are NOT happy the World Cup is being hosted here. This is
> serious, people...
>
> Helth care centers are very precarious and there are not enough hospital beds for
> sick people and not enough doctors, schools are falling apart, there is no money to
> invest in law enforcement, and no money to hire more police to keep us safe, jails
> are super over-crowded with not enough jails (too many criminals I guess), people are
> getting evicted from their homes so our ?beloved? Brazilian government can spends
> stadiums...
>
> But wait... There is plenty of money to invest in this damn World Cup, but there is
> no money to invest in more/better hospitals, more schools and give our law enforces
> better transportation, new weapons, bullet-proof vests, and no money to hire more
> police officers.
> Our Mayor just got hit by a reality stick and publicly said on TV that if he knew
> this Cup was going to bring so much problems trouble he would have never agreed to
>
> I am so angry with this situation. I for one will not watch a single game and will

Hey, I've been to Portugal once, so that means I know all Portuguese which also means I can speak Brazilian, right?

(j/k. Have many friends who are from Brazil, and we laugh all the time about this. Good analogy is those who took Spanish classes in middle school who think they can speak Spanish and that the Spanish spoken in Spain and Mexico is exactly the same).

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Loc: Italy
Send PM

#326166 - 05/23/14 04:54 PM

> serious, people...
>
> stadiums...
>
> police officers.
>

Hey, I'm in the other part of the world but the situation is similar here (Italy). Maybe not as terrible as in Brazil but we are close. I believe that the "Globalization" theory is failing.....

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Master O - 666 posts new [Re: Master O]
#326271 - 05/27/14 02:44 AM

> The American developers will be working on MAME, as few care about the sport there.

Of course, boycotting all media (I do) WILL get the attention of companies with large lobbying, and they WILL get down on their knees to fix things. Talk about voting with your dollar. But such....public unity....is impossible.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Don't drink and post_nt new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#326313 - 05/28/14 06:08 PM

> > That's my suggestion.
>
> Hey some of my most epic posts ever are while I'm drunk!

The ones signed "Matty" are the drunk posts?

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#326350 - 05/29/14 08:42 PM

> serious, people...
>
> stadiums...
>
> police officers.
>

---

The Roman philosopher Juventhal once said:

"There are 2 things the people most anxiously desire: Bread and Circuses."

---

Government takes those words to heart and acts accordingly.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 186 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2280