MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

JSlenker
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/21/14
Send PM

Problem with Zombie Raid Emulation
#325027 - 04/21/14 01:48 PM

I recently purchased two Aim Trak guns from Ultimarc and have them setup on a test system that will become a fourth arcade cabinet for my office. This will be a light gun only cabinet. I've been able to get every game setup and working superbly except Zombie Raid.
Please keep in mind that every other game (light gun and positional games alike) is setup and working properly. I've done the in game light gun calibration multiple times and just can not get the calibration even close. It is accurate at the dead center of the screen but as I move the crosshairs away from center, the game crosshair (visible when you enter your initials) moves away at a logarithmic rate.
Does anyone have an idea what the issue may be? I have noticed there is no NVRAM file for it. Is this normal?

Dreamstate
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/27/17
Send PM

Re: Problem with Zombie Raid Emulation *DELETED* new [Re: JSlenker]
#371572 - 12/02/17 06:46 PM

Post deleted by Dreamstate

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Problem with Zombie Raid Emulation new [Re: Dreamstate]
#371581 - 12/02/17 10:04 PM

> It would be nice If someone out there could provide some assistance. I'm having the
> same issue with the sight using my mouse. Dead center the cross hairs are fine, but
> as I move any direction off dead center the on screen sights start to diverge the
> farther away from dead center I aim. No amount of dalibration In game seems to work.

What version of MAME are you attempting to use?

So using the gun adjust mode in the service mode (Hit F2, then F3 to reset) does not help? It work here with latest release after I make sure I've gone through the in-game calibration (using a computer mouse, not lightgun).

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: Problem with Zombie Raid Emulation new [Re: Tafoid]
#371587 - 12/02/17 11:29 PM

It doesn't look like it saves the calibration so you have to do it every time. Otherwise it works perfectly for me.

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 496 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2646