MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Jemwielder
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/14/14
Send PM

Centipede/millipede trackball setup
#324681 - 04/14/14 08:49 PM

Hey all, first post here. I just got my hands on an x-arcade tankstick with trackball. I'm running MAME OSX. It works awesome, save for the trackball. I managed to get it up and running on Blasteroids to rotate my ship (just left and right as a spinner.) That was easy to set up. The game specific setup list of centipede/millipede seems a great deal more complicated. Frankly I'm lost, I tried a few different things starting with simply wheeling up, down, etc. to specify direction but that hasn't gotten me anywhere. I've also tried messing with the other options on there referring to x and y axis. I've established that it does work on other games. Just can't get it running here. Any help anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated.

RATMNL
Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
Reged: 02/02/13
Loc: 026, NL
Send PM

Re: Centipede/millipede trackball setup new [Re: Jemwielder]
#324682 - 04/14/14 09:05 PM

Didn't work for me at first, but if you set the 'trackball_device' in the individual configuration of the game from keyboard to (in my case) mouse, you'll be good to go.

The game has a 'device' 'trackball' configured to it as primary controls, and in initial setup the config files tell MAME to use the keyboard every time it 'sees' a trackball as primary control.

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2635