MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MKFAN
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/13
Send PM

When do you know when a new TV show is a keeper ?
#324404 - 04/10/14 03:04 AM

So for example there's a new TV show by when and how do you know it's a TV show you will continue to watch ? Do you like maybe have a rule that you watch like the first three episodes and make a decision after ? Is being anxious to watch a show the way you know it's a good show ?

Sorry if this question seems odd.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: When do you know when a new TV show is a keeper ? new [Re: MKFAN]
#324405 - 04/10/14 03:23 AM

Season 1 episode 1. If you watch it and really want to know what happens next, it's a keeper. Usually easier to determine if S01E01 is a longer "pilot" episode than the rest of the episodes. I think all series have oddball episodes that either don't seem to fit or they're simply not that good. Kepp going one or two more past that and if it doesn't seem interesting anymore, it's time to stop and forget about buying the box set.

I guess it could require 3 episodes if it starts off slow with a back story or something.

Smallville was in a category all it's own for me. I saw one or two episodes in differing parts of a season when I was first introduced to it and I thought it was completely retarded. I was hooked on what little back story I knew from the movies and couldn't come to grips with the fact that the show was its own take on Superman growing up. Once I had the chance to see a few episodes starting from S01E01 in order... I understood that fact and I was hooked. I now own the entire series and watch it from front to back once or twice a year!

Fringe. Saw a couple of episodes on Netflix or something. I knew I loved it within about 10 minutes. Took me less than a week to find the whole series in a box set and buy it on Blu-Ray

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 915