Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

so here is the deal Home Depot
#322713 - 02/28/14 08:54 PM

Im glad you are dedicating resources to having 4 greeters at the door to say high to me. Im also glad that there are employes every six feet to say "can I help you". However...can we put some sort of sticker system in place to identify people that have been asked over 13 times or so?

I like to browse isles even if i have completed my shopping...and im going to stop doing that if i have to have the same 20-60 second conversation in every isle i vist.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: so here is the deal Home Depot new [Re: italie]
#322715 - 02/28/14 09:38 PM

> Im glad you are dedicating resources to having 4 greeters at the door to say high to
> me. Im also glad that there are employes every six feet to say "can I help you".
> However...can we put some sort of sticker system in place to identify people that
> have been asked over 13 times or so?
>
> I like to browse isles even if i have completed my shopping...and im going to stop
> doing that if i have to have the same 20-60 second conversation in every isle i vist.

Make yourself a Home Depot employee name tag and mutter "corporate" as you pass 'em by.

- Stiletto

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#322718 - 02/28/14 10:20 PM

lol Bunnings has the same issue here - makes you want to spend as little time as possible in the shop

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#322720 - 03/01/14 12:59 AM

That pet peeve is right up there with a waitress who won't leave you alone, and keeps interrupting your conversation perpetually, hovering and asking a bunch of dumb questions that don't need to be asked... "Can I get you another Coke?"

The refills are free! Just refill it without asking, and quit interrupting our conversation every ten seconds!

"Want some more water?"

"Everything alright here?"

"Can I get you some more chips?"

"Need anything?"

"Salsa?"

"Is the food delicious"

"Are you ready for the check?"

Every one of these questions doesn't need to be asked... just give the customer more free refills, more free water, more free chips, more free salsa... and as frequently as you keep popping up to keep them awesomely stocked up on goodies, if everything wasn't alright, if they needed anything else, if the food wasn't delicious, you're readily available to be stopped to get those things addressed.

"Bitch! You're like a needy girlfriend! Get back in the kitchen and make me some Fuck Off!"

I just think that last part in my head.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#322727 - 03/01/14 05:15 AM

> I'm glad you are dedicating resources to having 4 greeters at the door to say high to
> me. I'm also glad that there are employees every six feet to say "can I help you".
> However...can we put some sort of sticker system in place to identify people that
>
> I like to browse aisles even if i have completed my shopping...and i'm going to stop
> doing that if i have to have the same 20-60 second conversation in every aisle i visit.

Keyboard lag must suck.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: so here is the deal Home Depot new [Re: Mr. Do]
#322728 - 03/01/14 06:30 AM

> > I'm glad you are dedicating resources to having 4 greeters at the door to say high
> to
> > me. I'm also glad that there are employees every six feet to say "can I help you".
> > However...can we put some sort of sticker system in place to identify people that
> > have been asked over 13 times or so?
> >
> > I like to browse aisles even if i have completed my shopping...and i'm going to
> stop
> > doing that if i have to have the same 20-60 second conversation in every aisle i
> visit.
>
> Keyboard lag must suck.

I thought a bigger phone would help me hit the keys better. Apparently 5.9" isn't enough to overcome my issues. Maybe it's just me....

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#322732 - 03/01/14 07:19 AM

> Im glad you are dedicating resources to having 4 greeters at the door to say high to
> me. Im also glad that there are employes every six feet to say "can I help you".
>
> I like to browse isles even if i have completed my shopping...and im going to stop
> doing that if i have to have the same 20-60 second conversation in every isle i vist.

Funny, I tend to have the opposite problem. I was there a few weeks ago to get an elbow fitting to install a dishwasher. Hunted around for 10 minutes and couldn't find what I needed, so I tried to flag down someone to help me. I finally found this nice Indian woman, who was very eager but didn't have the slightest fucking notion of what I was looking for. She goes looking for the plumbing guy, and finds him in the break room. The first thing he says to her, testily, is "I'm on break." She asks if someone else is covering plumbing... "Nope." Then she starts to try to explain what I'm looking for, and gets it completely wrong. I poke my head around the doorway to try to clarify the situation, and this guy yells at both of us, "I'M ON BREAK!" I flipped my shit, and just stormed out. I couldn't even be arsed to complain to the manager, I just left and haven't gone back since. Fuck that place.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#322736 - 03/01/14 08:04 AM

Some places try too hard to go above and beyond in customer service that it becomes a disservice.

There are some of these places that will ask you to fill out a survey of your shopping/buying experience.

I could go into a rant here, but... nah.

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: so here is the deal Home Depot new [Re: DMala]
#322741 - 03/01/14 08:15 AM

> I flipped my shit, and just stormed out. I couldn't even be arsed to complain to the manager, I just left and haven't gone back since. Fuck that place.

He was on break!

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#322745 - 03/01/14 08:59 AM Attachment: wrecked.jpg 32 KB (0 downloads)

Maybe they won't bug you as much if you do this...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

LEVEL-4

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#322755 - 03/01/14 07:00 PM

The constant customer engagement in my eyes means one of a couple things. They could be expecting "higher ups" to visit the store for performance/review/examination and are "overdoing" things. Might be more likely, I think, they are engaging as a deterrent to shoplifting. Perhaps that place has been hit hard lately and they are simply overdoing it to keep potential thieves occupied and confused :P

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Re: so here is the deal Home Depot new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#322763 - 03/02/14 02:08 AM

Actually, my experience at Bunnings the last few times I went was that it was too hard to find someone who can help me.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: so here is the deal Home Depot new [Re: Tafoid]
#322925 - 03/06/14 09:42 PM

> The constant customer engagement in my eyes means one of a couple things. They could
> be expecting "higher ups" to visit the store for performance/review/examination and
> are "overdoing" things. Might be more likely, I think, they are engaging as a
> deterrent to shoplifting. Perhaps that place has been hit hard lately and they are
> simply overdoing it to keep potential thieves occupied and confused :P

Or sales are tanking...

Kevin Eshbach

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1519